Add [friendlist please.

Modus

Master
This feature is absolutely underestimated. Especially new players would benefit from it, you dont get lonely and bored after a week and quit the shard because you lost contact to people you played with.
Personally, i do NOT like to exchange my private messenger information or email. Lost contact to some nice new people on the server, i bet some of them were still playing if there was a better way to hit someone with a message than a forums message.
(Yes we got IRC but thats a totally different deal)

There are lots of good Reasons why every Game nowerdays supports this feature and i cant wrap my head arround it why we dont have something alike on this nice Server.

kosmoko

Journeyman
Put Walkie-talkie on dono vendors, so we can message each other, or "Pigeon messenger", double click it to send tweets..... :D

tankian

Grandmaster
I use skype and i only use it for talking to gaming buddies. But our guild just recently downloaded discord , its like teamspeak and skype all in one and there is a phone app also

Modus

Master
I use skype and i only use it for talking to gaming buddies. But our guild just recently downloaded discord , its like teamspeak and skype all in one and there is a phone app also

hmm i think it is a totally different thing to use 3rd party messaging tools. If you log in and can check your friendlist what persons are on you can do alot more. AHA these people are online, lets ask that person if he wants to kill some dragons.

Modus

Master
i played on DFI some years ago and there were ALOT of persons i would not have stayed in contact with if there would have been no [friendlist.
More contact to other persons = more happy players (not being isolated) = less quitting the game

WIN WIN Situation for Players + Shard + Shane

Whats the Staff Opinion on that one @eppy ?

tankian

Grandmaster
Yeah it would be nice but with Skype you can keep contact even if you aren't in game and with discord alot of game developers are tying it into their game chat if you use it. You can talk like you do on teamspeak and chat like you do on skype. Can add frieds to a list. Send files or pics. And it will show what game someone is playing. Not all but some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modus

Master
Yeah it would be nice but with Skype you can keep contact even if you aren't in game and with discord alot of game developers are tying it into their game chat if you use it. You can talk like you do on teamspeak and chat like you do on skype. Can add frieds to a list. Send files or pics. And it will show what game someone is playing. Not all but some.

well that would happen if i trusted the person i kept in contact with for a while via [friendlist later on.

Also would be great if you chat with a friend by typing /name within UOF

that would work nicely with the unique name system on UOF.