Adventures in Sosaria - The Battle of Righteousness Rages

CO123

Apprentice
I humbly apologize noble travelers. For what you ask? Well, for my absence. I have many duties to attend too, and I have allowed my own sinful nature to shirk the most important duty I possess: scribe to noble and fair Brotherhood of Justice (BJ).

I apologize because my absence may signify a losing battle against the evil that plagues Sosaria. However, that statement could not be further from the truth! We have provided instant skill loss to over 70 reds and killed even more than that. I am here to tell you that we're winning this war, and we have you to thank. Our success goes hand in hand with your cooperation. Your notifications and status updates on murderers throughout Britannia is going to be their destruction. Our organization is their failure. Stay the course noble travelers, stay the course.

I have one more thing to say before I weave you a tale of magic and wonder.

We have had some fairly significant battles over the past week. Most are post worthy, but my sin of laziness has prevented me from being the chronicler of Justice that I should be. However, the day we disguised ourselves as wandering healers to defeat C++ 3v5 (plus one blue healer) is amongst my fondest memories.

We have also had some amusing losses. The one that sticks out in my head is where I accidentally hit the wrong positional macro for my magical wall of stone and I blocked myself into a corner with 9 ! murderers.

I only say this because there will always be victory and defeat. I can't post them all. I can promise you that we're fighting for you Sosaria, and we won't lose.

With that being said, let our journey begin together......

How does one start a tale? Where does a journey begin? I'll tell you, it begins when you find excitement. That means different things for every person. I remember my early days in Sosaria, before the land was cast in existence by Lord British, and the excitement I felt fighting ettins west of Vesper. Did it last long? No, but it was a journey nonetheless.

Then my excitement shifted, and I recall vividly the first house I stole. For back then, the law of the land stated that possession was ownership. When I stole that key, I stole their dreams.

I could regale my past Journey's through Sosaria, but that is not my intent. I only intend to demonstrate that this game has different meaning for different people. For BJ, right now, it means protecting those citizens that find adventure being honest and noble citizens. We've had a lot of criticism, many accusations that we're "killing PvP" on this shard. I disagree with that sentiment wholeheartedly; we never have a problem finding people to bring to justice. Yet, even if that were true, we're just providing those who are honest and pure of heart to have enjoyable journey's of their own.

Our journey began working skills yesterday. Since none of our players are actually finished yet (see the aforementioned sin of laziness) we spend a lot of our time casually making money while working skills. I was on my 5x provoker Revol Nam working with Drakkor and Sir Law to curb the destruction the vile evil mage lords have brought to Fire Dungeon. We were down on the first level when we received a distress call on level two announcing the murderers were running rampant throughout the dungeon.

We, of course, responded.

View attachment 2072

I won't lie, I forget the name of the reds we slew. I do recall they had a blue healer with dragons present too. Maybe they thought we were foolish enough to take on those powerful magical creatures, fortunately for you Sosaria, we weren't.

They also continued to return on other characters as their previous ones died. Does their vileness know no end? Is their bloodlust so great that they have droves of murderers at their beckon call? It would appear so. What a daunting task The Brotherhood faces. We're lucky though that we have a policy of instantly punishing all reds we vanquish because we were eventually overrun due to our inability to even cast greater heal to mend our wounds. They did not recover their heads. Victory was ours!

I was immediately resurrected and ready to battle again, once I purchased a new tambourine that is, and we returned to our worthy quest of ridding Britannia of the evil mage lords. We battled a few more small groups inside the dungeon itself before we were called away again on another distress call. Murderers in Shame 5.

Our noble hearts prevented us from refusing.

View attachment 2073

To the south is the corpse of a chaos spirit as well. The battle was short but important because a distress call was sent, and we responded. We not only were supremely victorious over the scum, but we allowed those in trouble to recover their loot as well.

So we returned to our quest knowing that 3 more vile murderers would not be returning to Britannia this day!

It was then that the 2 that finally defeated us after our magical energies were depleted returned. Our Brotherhood was separated at the time, and normally, we would have called off a chase. However, this time, a large group of blues happened to be in the dungeon as well. The honorable $. I felt confident that my comrades would be safe, so I recalled to intercept those being chased.

We all make mistakes.

View attachment 2074

Death and I wasn't there to protect him! I failed; I was mere seconds too late.

Iniquitous (Sir Law), his brother, let out a howl of misery at the fall of his brother and vowed revenge, even if it required the most evil of magic. He and I hid in the dungeon to ready our battle mages for the revenge. Mages with more than a zero value in the resisting spells skill. Mages that surely could defeat the evil that was brewing in this band of misguided fools.

It was a fatal mistake. These murderers found us hidden and away, and it wasn't until Sir Law was dead that it was announced to me. I could have recalled, no man could blame me, but I wouldn't give these murderers the satisfaction. So I used my hiding skills to try and spawn kill them. It was a noble effort, but I was eventually defeated minutes later.

Iniquitous vowed revenge though.

You would think that our adventure would continue with the hunting of this band of scum, but alas, it does not. We had other adventures to pursue. Fear not though, for while we journeyed, Iniquitous was devising a spell that would lead us to revenge.

You may see Halphas in these images, let it be known that he is just an alternate dexxer.

We took the fight to Sosaria socuring the dungeons and killing all evil we came across. Many murderers and cutthroats died, and our confidence in our just cause was growing, Surely, we were doing right in this land.

Then we heard about some homes that were about to collapse due to disrepair and we responded. We knew scum would be there, and keeping wealth and riches from the dross is as important as killing them. We didn't have to wait long though, for the battle came.

View attachment 2076

View attachment 2078

View attachment 2079

Victory was ours again. Those who detest the heinous should rejoice in the knowledge that good and reliable guild $ also claimed the spoils of the war and deprived the loathsome of the wealth they surely would have used to continue to wage war against the citizens of this land.

The celebrated Famara was murdered right before it fell, but that only goes to show how he and his magical beasts of good strike fear into the hearts of the damned.

So our adventures continued throughout the land.

It seemed like Iniquitous' promise of revenge was made in haste. No magical tracking spell existed. He had been gone far too long on his quest to meet the evil wizard Rumpelstiltskin and make a bargain for this spell. So we continued to fight and to win.

Then he returned. He hadn't bargained for a tracking spell, but for a scrying orb. He could now watch Carlos from anywhere in Sosaria. Then we could find him and enact revenge. We prepared for battle.

We tracked him through Shame 5 and caught him and a healmage paragon in Shame 4 blood elementals. View attachment 2082

Struck down! What's this though? His friend recovered his head! Defeat!

Iniquitous' bloodlust wasn't satiated.

We returned moments later to kill his cutthroat Marik, and then left again.

Iniquitous began to scry his whereabouts again. We found them! Shame Elder Gazers. Akeru is there with his vile magical beasts and the fighting quarters are too close, so we retreat. Then, for some reason, the orb goes dark. Did they know we were watching them? They must, and now they're casting a shroud over their whereabouts.

Iniquitous rages at the orb. He is consumed with revenge for his fallen brother. Can we ever save him?

As we consider what to do, we hear of the ignoble PAWS guild making money for their nefarious plots in the dungeon Khaldun, so we respond.

View attachment 2083

It was a fierce fight, but as we moved the fight away from the spawn they retreated. We did not recover any of the gold. It is in the hands of evil. We're sorry Sosaria.

Then Iniquitous grows excited. His orb is working again and Carlos and his band are in Bucs Den. We're certain of a trap. We know they used the time that their shrouding spell afforded them to set up a devious contraption for murder. Iniquitous, consumed by revenge, cares not. So we go. We consider going in through the gate near the city of Vesper, but found ourselves too lazy to run from Covetous, so we attacked from the bank. It was just what they wanted.

We met a healmage and Carlos near the teleporter, and our magical barrage was swift. a healmage retreated through the teleporter only to be killed immediately on the other side.

View attachment 2085

What's this? Kegs and the evil Akeru and his unholy spawn! If we were lesser foes, we would have been defeated. You see the many corpses from their victims. We're not lesser men though. We escape!

View attachment 2086

We escape and defeat them all as the mighty Drakkor leads the pets away. Heads recovered and stat loss given. Sosaria rejoice! Akeru uses his pet balls to recover the pets we were hiding from him. More money from their coffers. Another victory.

We hunted a little more then we retired for the day. Iniquitous will be ok. Drakkor still suffers. The noble Earl who joined us on many of these Adventures hates reds above all. He will sleep the soundest.

We call out to all murders, beware, and fight if you dare.

We'll win together Sosaria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiki

Grandmaster
I like the RP and story telling, but it's the spamming of this every 12 minutes in irc that pisses me off.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
very well put together, i thought damn i could never read this much, but it was a nice read. +1 gj

CO123

Apprentice
4v2 and losing 1 isn't much of a victory.

Although it is nice to see some actual fights.

I am not sure what circumstance you're speaking of, but if you're the guys who died outside Destard who attacked us after Me and Drakkor were both redlined from spawn after we resurrected a blue on the inside, you're an idiot. A lightning would have killed us both. You died 2v2 before anyone else showed up, and at that point, it was just a convenience kill for the second head.

It is a noble death to die to us though good sir.

CO123

Apprentice
View attachment 2092

As you can tell, you are clearly dead to the east as Earl comes running in spamming explode ebolt from the north. You can also tell by the perfect synch on our spells, that he was an unnecessary addition since the other red was trying to get a gimp kill on Iniq who had 80 health still.

You did kill Drakkor redlined with one spell as he left Destard though, good job. Good triumphs.

You're dead long enough to already be way to the west by the wandering healer.

The reason I didn't even post about this is because I didn't consider it a noteworthy exchange in our day.

View attachment 2092

As you can tell, you are clearly dead to the east as Earl comes running in spamming explode ebolt from the north. You can also tell by the perfect synch on our spells, that he was an unnecessary addition since the other red was trying to get a gimp kill on Iniq who had 80 health still.

You did kill Drakkor redlined with one spell as he left Destard though, good job. Good triumphs.

You're dead long enough to already be way to the west by the wandering healer.

The reason I didn't even post about this is because I didn't consider it a noteworthy exchange in our day.

By the healer?

That would be Drakkor ressing.

New ressed and at zero health to start the fight?

Lol.. whatever you say bud.

CO123

Apprentice
I see your ability to comprehend words is about equal to your ability to fight.

He was redlined from spawn after resurrecting a random traveler from the inside of a dungeon. The same as me.

If any doubt my words, here is an un-cropped image. You can clearly see by the mana levels that what I have just spoken is true. Earl just got an explosion off while, it appears, we're around 20 to 30 mana. I wonder how that happened.....

View attachment 2096

Again, I digress. I speak the truth in my posts and I acknowledge every death truthfully and honestly. I chronicle our exploits. That is it.

I see you're ability to comprehend words is about equal to your ability to fight.

He was redlined from spawn after resurrecting a random traveler from the inside of a dungeon. The same as me.

If any doubt my words, here is an un-cropped image. You can clearly see by the mana levels that what I have just spoken is true. Earl just got an explosion off while, it appears, we're around 20 to 30 mana. I wonder how that happened.....

View attachment 2096

Again, I digress. I speak the truth in my posts and I acknowledge every death truthfully and honestly. I chronicle our exploits. That is it.

Probably due to the fact that it was your 2nd dump that killed me, moron.

We healed through the 1st after dropping Drakkar.

FYI I've never seen it take 2 explos and 2 ebolts to kill someone that was new ressed with no health..

I suppose the other 2-3 of you had zero mana also since you didn't heal him as he ran in/out of the dungeon trying to survive.

* You also realize that your statement about me being by the healer is obviously a lie since that's not the message that is given when a red tries to res.

GG.. you might be able to fool the casual * playing here, but not the real pvp'ers.

CO123

Apprentice
Probably due to the fact that it was your 2nd dump that killed me, moron.

We healed through the 1st after dropping Drakkar.

FYI I've never seen it take 2 explos and 2 ebolts to kill someone that was new ressed with no health..

I suppose the other 2-3 of you had zero mana also since you didn't heal him as he ran in/out of the dungeon trying to survive.

* You also realize that your statement about me being by the healer is obviously a lie since that's not the message that is given when a red tries to res.

GG.. you might be able to fool the casual * playing here, but not the real pvp'ers.

Hahahahaha, you most certainly didn't do any such thing. We'll see you out there.

Again, Drakkor was redlined from spawn.....he was not the newly ressed......the blue to the east inside the dungeon was.

CO123

Apprentice
View attachment 2097

Here is what karavik- came too. Iniquitous and I healed 74 points of damage and Drakkor surprisingly coming out right after us. That looks like a double explode ebolt killed him. I actually think it was a lightning, honestly. I wouldn't know though, since I was running from spawn with Drakkor. Maybe they were magic bullets like the ones that killed JFK and bounced off of Drakkor and onto me.......

I would say that the true story has been chronicled already and the images depict that scene.

The only reason we called Earl down (since he was protecting Drakkor) was because we expected karavik- to run. To his credit, he did not.

I don't lie. I have no reason too. I freely admit when we gank and when we die.

View attachment 2097

Here is what karavik- came too. Iniquitous and I healed 74 points of damage and Drakkor surprisingly coming out right after us. That looks like a double explode ebolt killed him. I actually think it was a lightning, honestly. I wouldn't know though, since I was running from spawn with Drakkor. Maybe they were magic bullets like the ones that killed JFK and bounced off of Drakkor and onto me.......

I would say that the true story has been chronicled already and the images depict that scene.

The only reason we called Earl down (since he was protecting Drakkor) was because we expected karavik- to run. To his credit, he did not.

I don't lie. I have no reason too. I freely admit when we gank and when we die.

He was full health when we started comboing him.. he may have died to a lightning from karavik I'm not sure. I chased him inside as you the pic shows.. he died when he ran back out.

You claim now that we didn't heal through your first dump? Is that why in the above pic at the start of the fight you're full mana and in the death pic of my corpse two of you are at roughly 20 mana (2 exp eb dumps) and Dabsworth is coming in with 60ish mana?

Keep trying.

We'll see what happens 4v4.. although I have no doubt karavik and I would've killed all 4 of you if I had told him to go for heals as opposed to loading to dump.

CO123

Apprentice
I believe what you're seeing is our second combo going off onto karavik-. You can even see the energy bolts flying through the air. That means that we in fact casted explode ebolt twice. The first combo dumped you......the second combo dumped karavik-. Earl was just running in. Unless you're telling me our energy bolts were that far off from our explosions which are definitely hitting him.

As far as Drakkor, he can come here when he is on and state what happened. I can tell you I was nearly dead from spawn and had NO idea you guys were there until karavik- came out. I am positive if you guys were doing a full dump on Drakkor he would have said something in chat.

Definitely not the 4v2 you made it seem. We travelled south and had our little tango. Earl came in to ensure we finished, which karavik- was instantly dead before his explosion spell went off. It wasn't even worth mentioning until you brought it up.

I felt it was a good fight, and that karavik- stood his ground well when I would have run. You have muddied it.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
TL;DR

Death and I wasn't there to protect him! I failed; I was mere seconds too late.

It was a noble effort, but I was eventually defeated minutes later..

3-jpg.2074

You're welcome.