AFK Macro Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
After 13 years away, I'm a day 4 noob again.

So, the only instances that you'll get banned when macroing AFK are Lumberjack resource gathering, Mining resource gathering , and Taming??

The reason I'm asking is b/c there are a lot of training strats that reccomend macroing overnight in some cases.

I don't want to get banned, so are there any other instances of AFK macroing that will get an account banned?

Jager

Grandmaster
as far as i know its only the resource gathering, ive macroed everything almost, in plain site and never been harrassed.

mynameis

Adept
Rules
  • Can I macro my character?
    Yes, macroing is legal. However, macroing lumberjacking or mining while unattended is not allowed and will result in a banned account. Also if you are macroing Taming AFK, it can lead to account removal as well.
I feel like I saw that there was one or more 'resources' that were ok but I could be wrong.

Afk non-taming non-resource gathering is fine.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
Awesome, thanks for the responses.

I'm not really into AFK macroing, but it would be nice to train a skill that doesn't use resources (eval, anat, hiding, etc) overnight.

Vlad

Master
I asked a GM this ? yesterday and my response was all can be afk macro'd except for resource gathering and taming.

Lokmir

Neophyte
I also have a question about this, can I make a long gathering macro and run it while I am at the keyboard? I know it sounds stupid but just wondering...

Bryce

Adept
I also have a question about this, can I make a long gathering macro and run it while I am at the keyboard? I know it sounds stupid but just wondering...

Sophisticatedly long. No.
You can't have it recalling around for you and simply be sitting there.
We consider that it's not really you playing if you're just watching the screen, or watching a movie.
You can have a chain of lines that allow you to say, mine up an entire vein.
But then you'll need to press a button to recall to drop off, and another to go to a new location etc.
Having these all built into one long line of code is frowned upon.

http://uoforum.com/threads/mining-macros-need-a-gm-answer-pls.36278/page-2

Status
Not open for further replies.