An Mining oddity when smelting between 115/120 skill...

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I have also noticed this big time. Gloves work for smelting high ore but completely ruin smelting double chance. I've posted in almost every thread made about it. Mining is definitely more then tedious enough that this needs to be fixed. At 120 with +5 my nxt ore color or 2 should have a chance to double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AssHat

Grandmaster
they dont want to fix something broken that will add more ingots to the market. i can tell they just 100% ignore this for years!!!

AssHat

Grandmaster
It's alrdy impossible for a crafter to make a living on this server. :\

i have 6 tailors and smith, this is the 2nd and 3rd accounts that come into play that can make this economy on here almost worthless .

i just pull bods that are worth more than weps/armor and i make about as much gold with 99% less effort.

they all know this and CHOOSE to do nothing, so us as the players suffer for years (2yrs for me)

look at someone trying to sell 1 million ingots @ 7.5 each, which that much bulk ingots prices should be down to 5-6 easily!

clutchxo

Grandmaster
i have 6 tailors and smith, this is the 2nd and 3rd accounts that come into play that can make this economy on here almost worthless .

i just pull bods that are worth more than weps/armor and i make about as much gold with 99% less effort.

they all know this and CHOOSE to do nothing, so us as the players suffer for years (2yrs for me)

look at someone trying to sell 1 million ingots @ 7.5 each, which that much bulk ingots prices should be down to 5-6 easily!

I thought you could only collect bods on 1 tailor / smith per account?

As far as ingots, I agree. So far the only thing I have found to craft that will make me "some" money. By some I mean, LITERALLY the best outcome ever is crafting Tongs and selling them. And at that point I'm only making 7gp per tong and I'm already 120 Carpal Tunnel. Mining is tedious as hell and boring. Yet, this skill seems to be the best market for selling in terms of income for crafters.

As far as BOD's I couldn't agree more. I literally log on this server for 10 minutes, collect BODs and log off. Come back before bed. Rinse and repeat all week. Requires about 25 minutes of interaction with the players/game. For what it is, I enjoy the nostalgia of being a crafter, but it's quite boring. Like you said about weapons + gear. I just wish crafters had more impact on the game.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster

You have mika cloth available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
I do! I've just kinda seen the light.

Maybe crafting will get more than five minutes of staff attention with the upcoming expansion.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Looks as described. Which I would classify as 'good'

We can suggest only so much, I wish I was a person that could code or understand games from the inside out.

Yes it might make me feel I can no longer play the game, but at least I can provide a service to those who want to play and expand on that current environment.

Such as I want to as a crafter, provide others with a chance at a great experience while playing with other people who enjoy this great game or any others for that matter.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Providing a service and doing the whole community engagement thing is nice. I felt that early on, especially since there are few who craft here. And even though most have lost their steam, today crafting is solely a profit driver for me and nothing else.

Wonder if things would be much different re: crafter dropout rate if it got the attention it deserved and when it deserved it? Hard to tell, really.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Providing a service and doing the whole community engagement thing is nice. I felt that early on, especially since there are few who craft here. And even though most have lost their steam, today crafting is solely a profit driver for me and nothing else.

Wonder if things would be much different re: crafter dropout rate if it got the attention it deserved and when it deserved it? Hard to tell, really.
I would legit only make armor + weapons all day for people if they needed them.

Currently I only make money on Copper and higher crafted weapons. nothing else :( Maybe some bone armor here and there.

If any admin's want to jump on this project after the expansion. I'm more than willing to help out in any way.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Took a while but here are my test results.

1000 melts with 120 mining = 57.9% double results
1000 melts with 120+5 mining = 62.0% double results

I expected 60.0% chance (at 120 skill) and considering there is always a little varriation, I would conclude that it's 60.0% with or without the +5.
You are welcome.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Took a while but here are my test results.

1000 melts with 120 mining = 57.9% double results
1000 melts with 120+5 mining = 62.0% double results

I expected 60.0% chance (at 120 skill) and considering there is always a little varriation, I would conclude that it's 60.0% with or without the +5.
You are welcome.

how about 115 using +5 gloves results? i always wanted to know really how worth 120 mining is/was.

DocOp

Adept
Does being hydrated and fed contribute to success rate with iron? Also, do you get chance at dbl for dull or shadows at 120+. I'm considering a 120 mining purchase but y'all making me bout to save my 400k

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Does being hydrated and fed contribute to success rate with iron? Also, do you get chance at dbl for dull or shadows at 120+. I'm considering a 120 mining purchase but y'all making me bout to save my 400k
  • food/water starvation only results in a skillgain penalty, so no it doesn't affect melting rate
  • extracting extra ore only works on iron and never on colored ore, regardless of skill.
  • 400k for a mining powserscroll is justified if:
    • You can mine RDA's. (id say about 15 RDA's to break even)
    • You want to mine valorite faster (less 'fail to losen any rock') without relying on +5 gloves.