Animal Taming SS drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that animal taming skill scroll drops should be adjusted. The monster that is going to forsurely 100% drop an animal taming +1 scroll should have a gold model.

I mean some of us have lives and dont want to sit and kill monster after monster waiting for these SS's to drop. I mean there is really no skill involved in killing these monsters so why should we have to wait for 4 hours doing the same thing over and over again to get what we want?

SidX

Grandmaster
It's supposed to be a rare, random drop. I think identifying the monsters that carry different SSs would not only bring the value of the SSs down, but would eliminate so much PvM that boosts the economy all around.. more killing = more repairs needed = more weps, armor, regs, aids needed = more community building = stronger economy and more well-rounded server.

Devem

Neophyte
You can always just farm gold and buy them from someone else. I don't see uo as an instant gratification type of game especially grinding out a tamer. Under your concept of we should just get what we want, why not just give everyone free 7x gms and unlimited vanq weps?

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
It's very narrow-minded for you to suggest that the devs simply increase the drop rate of one item you've PERCEIVED to be of especial value, just to accommodate YOUR playstyle. There are many different rares and valuables in this game, all selling at different rates all the time, and also many many playstyles, not to mention that animal taming is a very powerful profession in all categories - PvM, PvP, and money-making - and the devs have purposefully kept the skill one of the hardest to raise for exactly this reason. Hence the scrolls being valuable in the first place. It is just one cog in a very big wheel.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I think that animal taming skill scroll drops should be adjusted. The monster that is going to forsurely 100% drop an animal taming +1 scroll should have a gold model.

I mean some of us have lives and dont want to sit and kill monster after monster waiting for these SS's to drop. I mean there is really no skill involved in killing these monsters so why should we have to wait for 4 hours doing the same thing over and over again to get what we want?

+1 to OP -1 to all the haters. I don't see any reason animal taming SS should be over 10-15k.

I don't have a tamer and don't understand how you make one, but I think we should all be on equal footing regardless of our skill or understanding of game mechanics.

Gimme mah death beetle!

Razah

Apprentice
+1 to OP -1 to all the haters. I don't see any reason animal taming SS should be over 10-15k.

I don't have a tamer and don't understand how you make one, but I think we should all be on equal footing regardless of our skill or understanding of game mechanics.

Gimme mah death beetle!

Go and train animal taming to 100 and you will se why the skill scrolls are worth more than 15k :)

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I've stopped making tamers mid stream because of the absolute monotony wears on you. I'm giving it a real go this time and there is definitely good reason they're as expensive as they are. Supply and demand is everything in a free market economy.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Status
Not open for further replies.