ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuggy

Expert
What no one seems to understand that cries about god damn champion spawns.

There is almost nothing on this entire server that can net you more gold for an almost nil amount of effort.

You complain about not being able to buy anything in the entire game in one hour.

The only reason powerscrolls exist was to promote NON-CONSENSUAL PVP.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DEFEND YOUR CHAMPION SPAWN, GO FARM ETTINS AND BUY A POWERSCROLL FROM SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO DEFEND THEIRS.

This entitlement is going to drive this server into the ground, there has never been an ultima online server that was Felucca ruleset where you just 'got to do' a champion spawn. This is the only server where they aren't raided 24/7. Most of the people posting here get to do several of them during the day...but oh no...not during primetime?!

And a majority of you bluebies don't do SHIT to even defend them, I could understand if you had been doing ANYTHING besides complaining. But no, you hide, you recall, you *****. That's it. You don't even ATTEMPT it.
You just think you deserve to farm anything in the game free of consequence, and you don't.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Again everyone is giving EQMS too much credit. They want to claim they took over the double champ. Pretty the few left online of our guild got to the end.

Oaks wasn't ready to spawn until later otherwise it would have popped right at the beginning.

You also know that if any group actually came in and killed their red crew half their blues would have left to get on reds and they would have come back with 10+. Either way they still didn't walk away with all the PS like they want people to believe.
I'm not sure if we make it out for people to believe that, or this community itself puts that idea in motion.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
The reality of this issue is that Staff will not do anything to change this issue.

Staff is nervous EQMS would leave this server over any forced change to rules that would effect EQMS play style.

This is apparent with Sallos still usable and zergs allowed.

This server frankly is dying in regards to pvp. There is no denying it.

With new servers coming out , one is bound to suck in users from here. Just as UOF did to UOG.

Staff better address player concern.

If a bunch of people are posting it just on the forums, it's probable that a majority feel the same way who aren't forum crusaders.

I once banned a 40 person guild when we were dying our around our launch time for cheating.
Do not think that i am scared of making changes because we don't want to lose people. If we had that mentality we wouldn't be here today.
I have no issue making changes, but this effects way more people than just EQMS. Pking is a huge thing here and it changes how the game will feel over all.

Truth is,
PvP on all servers is dying, PvP on UO itself has been struggling hard since the peak of uoforever, with that said, we still have more pvp than any other server out there and have for years now, so we must be doing something right.

Also we've hands down worked on pvp more than any other system in the last 1.5years and still it's a struggle. It's not like we haven't made changes and tried in MANY ways to make pvp attractive. Militias is yet again just ANOTHER way of us putting in tons of work to yet again try to attract pvpers. Truth is pvpers are never satisfied, i know this cause i was the same way. In my opinion we've done a good job keeping people some what satisfied though in pvp.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I once banned a 40 person guild when we were dying our around our launch time for cheating.
Do not think that i am scared of making changes because we don't want to lose people. If we had that mentality we wouldn't be here today.
I have no issue making changes, but this effects way more people than just EQMS. Pking is a huge thing here and it changes how the game will feel over all.

Truth is,
PvP on all servers is dying, PvP on UO itself has been struggling hard since the peak of uoforever, with that said, we still have more pvp than any other server out there and have for years now, so we must be doing something right.

Also we've hands down worked on pvp more than any other system in the last 1.5years and still it's a struggle. It's not like we haven't made changes and tried in MANY ways to make pvp attractive. Militias is yet again just ANOTHER way of us putting in tons of work to yet again try to attract pvpers. Truth is pvpers are never satisfied, i know this cause i was the same way. In my opinion we've done a good job keeping people some what satisfied though in pvp.

Face it, UO is dying... Has been for twenty years ;)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
UO still remains relevant for 2 reasons:

1. nostalgia
2. no other sandbox MMO really does it as well as UO does

Please dont let a few crybabies ruin #2

1.Nostalgia plays a part of it, yes, but remember, we are all getting older.
2. Finally I can agree with you, yet, we all need to watch how we play and this includes you, I think you know what I mean by this.

All games have their fair share of babies, I think most of today's gaming community has adapted this mentality from UO, however, like point number 2, those cry babies will only cry for so long until they run out of tears and look for tissues elsewhere. I mean, I know you are a collector of tears, just be careful you don't over-farm them. :).

Garillo

Master
Oh it was 4 now? It was 6 yesterday.
Yeah I felt like calling him on that it was definitely at least 6, if there was any form of team work they could of easily been taken down.

But there was about 4-5 other un-coordinated PvMers there to the end vs 6 co-ordinated Reds (This is not including EQMS Pvmers, who were on the other side of the double champ spawn.)

The Pvmers actually got smart, popped OAKS and had the spawn behind them to protect them from Reds.

All bars showing, except mine.

998orC7.png

Jasper wrekt

Neophyte

Truth is,

Shane I get this, but you know the numbers of the shard. For whatever reason you keep them private.

They're going down. You know DAMN well if EQMS as a whole left this server the collateral lose of people from the server would be huge.

There is no denying that.

I am trying out the new server as well as MANY people from this server and the general concensus is. Smaller based pvp fights are much more attractive.

TheGooch

Master
You dont get it.
The guilds doing champ-spawns wish to do just that, they wouldnt mind a occasional red or a few more once in a while.
They dont want the champ to be taken over in 5 minutes when the boss is up. Sure, they can learn to fight bach vs 5 or 6 reds at some point, but we all know it wont end there, EQMS will bring more and more, it wont stop.....
So in the end u have players wanting to pvm being forced to pvp by an enemy who will just login even more reds to come out on top..

And you can stop that Trammel BS right there, UOF aint has a big enough playerbase for one side to herass the other side continuesly..
On OSI, if one faction was at some point way bigger then others, some guilds waved there friends goodbye and joined another faction to have more action, see where im going with this ?
I do get it. I offered a solution to pvmers railing on reds coming in at the last minute. Either learn to defend yourselves or lose what you worked for. An occasional red every now and then is fairy tale thinking. If they stop the first wave of 5-6 reds, what's to stop them from halting the next and so on? See where I'm going with that? The playerbase is big enough as it is. ONE guild is fucking shit up atm. @GluttonySDS already named all the other guilds that could team up and stop eqms in its tracks. And your last statement already happened on uof. Didn't @Lithium149 try that with Ebfs? If a blue can learn to pvm, they damn sure can learn to pvp. Maybe not to be the greatest but enough to defend themselves and their spawn.

girana

Grandmaster

the main reason for pvp dying is that hurdle for beginner is just to high.

most beginner just dont want to invest the time in learnig how to created the best scripts for explo pots so they just leave because they cant escape from all these scripted 25dmg explo pots flying around.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I am trying out the new server as well as MANY people from this server and the general concensus is. Smaller based pvp fights are much more attractive.

To whom? The people who have been in the duel pits for years and years and have mastered the timings down so that a newb will legit have a 0% chance of winning a fight?

Also -- what makes you think there wont be zergs on that shard? 247 is already there... you are stupid to think that EQMS is the only guild that enjoys grouping up and playing together.

jeffe

Master
Smaller based pvp fights are much more attractive.

Ding ding ding! Most of the people I played with could get over losing, but not constantly fighting outnumbered by 4-10..

This "dying" game's mechanics doesn't support eqms's style of play. Unless there are major mechanical changes or Glutt breaks up the zerg the game is going to be as STALE as it has been for the past year and a half.

Although, at this point, I don't think you will pull many people back from other servers. @Shane might as well change the name of UO:F to UO:EQMS, don the tags yourself, and bleed them for all they are worth.

On a personal note I'm not playing on any other UO shards. I guess some part of me hopes that my friends will come back and play UO:F, but that outcome looks bleak.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I If a blue can learn to pvm, they damn sure can learn to pvp. Maybe not to be the greatest but enough to defend themselves and their spawn.

This is the very reason EQMS has any success -- we take the newb bard, the newb beggar(archersnon), the newb blacksmith and teach them some very basics in PVP and show them how to thrive in a group pvp setting.

Our militia men may never be great in a 1v1 but I assure you, they will know how to cast an ebolt at you....

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Ding ding ding! Most of the people I played with could get over losing, but not constantly fighting outnumbered by 4-10..

This "dying" game's mechanics doesn't support eqms's style of play. Unless there are major mechanical changes or Glutt breaks up the zerg the game is going to be as STALE as it has been for the past year and a half.

Although, at this point, I don't think you will pull many people back from other servers. @Shane might as well change the name of UO:F to UO:EQMS, don the tags yourself, and bleed them for all they are worth.

On a personal note I'm not playing on any other UO shards. I guess some part of me hopes that my friends will come back and play UO:F, but that outcome looks bleak.

You are in TRIN -- you could have easily trained up the newbs in trin on the very basics of PVP, got them to do it, practiced, and they would have rivaled what EQMS is... instead you chose to only play with a select few in TRIN, shun the rest(coming directly from ex trin members) and then cry when you dont have the numbers for a 10v10.

As for the other server, it already has zergs and these zergs are all tamers -- did I mention there is no stat loss there either? The grass isnt always greener... in fact, its greenest wherever you water it.

jeffe

Master
cry when you dont have the numbers for a 10v10.

10v10s are not fun. I don't want to fight in groups that are larger than about 5. You're right I didn't want to recruit the "numbers" because that is not the game I am interested in playing. I don't want to manage group dynamics and politics. Just want to log-on and play.

As far as what we could've done though? You could have stopped recruiting. You could not insist on zerging. You could've have been more supportive of groups like EBFS if you really wanted to have another group to fight, rather than trash talking them into oblivion. You could've been on UOF when Sallos wasn't legal. You could have not let MALES be part of your group. You could have not allied with LOLz.

You don't care about the health of this server. You care about your group winning no matter the cost to everyone around you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
A real look at the numbers would reveal the absurdity of all this.

How many champ spawns go uncontested? Nearly all of them until its late at night. Even then EQMS might be doing our own champ spawns.

How many reds are running rampant? A tiny fraction of the population. What happened at the double champ spawn? It was a single party of reds at a SERVER WIDE event. One party of reds at a server wide event is overkill? LOL.

That's fine with me if blue tamer zergs want to cry foul in hopes of getting more content handed to them on a silver platter. You hear it in every suggestion thread. Pets should teleport. Pets shouldn't have stat loss. Reds shouldn't be allowed in champs. The list goes on.

Put the game in easy mode. Tamers being the end game class has made it so that relics and 120 taming scrolls are the only valuable items that players actually want to purchase. Give the blues everything they want and then watch the cry threads once they realize that the pixels they vigorously farm for become as useful as a 105 tinkering. One positive aspect of that would be that newer players might actually feel like they have a shot at catching up. However, I bet veterans would be rather pissed if they see their pixels diminish in value.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I do get it. I offered a solution to pvmers railing on reds coming in at the last minute. Either learn to defend yourselves or lose what you worked for. An occasional red every now and then is fairy tale thinking. If they stop the first wave of 5-6 reds, what's to stop them from halting the next and so on? See where I'm going with that? The playerbase is big enough as it is. ONE guild is fucking shit up atm. @GluttonySDS already named all the other guilds that could team up and stop eqms in its tracks. And your last statement already happened on uof. Didn't @Lithium149 try that with Ebfs? If a blue can learn to pvm, they damn sure can learn to pvp. Maybe not to be the greatest but enough to defend themselves and their spawn.

No u really dont get it.
It forces a certain population into contant pvp, u think it will stop at 6 reds ?? next time it be 12, then 18 etc, those players dont want to do that, if they liked doing that they would have joined factions and fought over cities instead of over ps..
This will make people leave UOF to do whatever.

I to have nostalgic feelings about playing factions and pvp, hell i loved it, it was all i played for on OSI...... But after a certain amount of months on this server ( and my first time uo since 03) i realized those fun big faction fights dont come back, its gone......
I dont like todays uo field pvp, its boring , with voip, shot caller, 123dump , running mostly running.

Alot of other players feel the same, and try for something else. Here comes EQMS and forces people to adapt to there playing style, as i said, the people doing champs can eventualy with coordination defend and kill the reds attacking, but it wont stop there coz next time there be more reds coz is starts a fire inside the little Narcissictic Gluttony....
Eventually the players who didnt chose to play in faction are now caught up in open field pvp at every champ they enter, and stop doing champs or even worse stop playing alltogether..

Dont give me the BS EQMS can only field like 6 reds atm, 2 weeks ago just when a large villa collapsed during EU daytime about 10 eqms reds came true a gate to clear the area, 3 weeks ago at a Large Tower with alot of vanq weapons it was maybe 20 EQMS reds during EU evening//afternoon....
Funny thing at that idoc when i was stealthing laying dead, litterly a sea of red players with some dead green/blue corpses,. And yet some EQMS players have the balls to say " Loot these noobs dry " " Kill blue healers around so these noobs cant res " etc....
Not gonna play the yes/no game just stating what i saw..

Maybe today with summer and the other thing, it could be that EQMS could only field 6 reds at a certain time, but it dont matter anymore ive noticed, alot of players are worn down dont care anymore and do there own thing........ Coz of months and months of battering, being ganked , trashtalked , reskilled , all by what at first seem like a horde of 15 year olds on speed , if i only knew better.....

I dont really blame Gluttony, i blame the players who joined EQMS to live the easy life, the people that after they got fed up with being killed over and over at champ spawns sold there soul and wanting to make a profit by joining the purple zerg , the players who sold out there previous friends and created a red now think they are pvpers, the so called pvpers who after releasing a ebolt in a large squad stand over players corpse and call us noobs...........

Players like that really have no idea, and i would be as red irl as being ingame off shame for being seen in one of those groups...

Guwap

Grandmaster
You care about your group winning no matter the cost to everyone around you.

Hypocrisy much?

I still remember the time LOLZ offered you even numbered fights and after Jake agreed you guys would not stat, YOU chose to stat. I felt bad for your guys bc they obviously wanted fights and so did we, but our noobs decided to blueball after they realized all you wanted was to "win" (keep us from playing) despite your word.

You're no better than the complaints you're making tbh. Pull your head out of your ass, Sag.

snuggy

Expert
Shane I get this, but you know the numbers of the shard. For whatever reason you keep them private.

They're going down. You know DAMN well if EQMS as a whole left this server the collateral lose of people from the server would be huge.

There is no denying that.

I have faith that the staff have thought about this a lot and with the new expansion may come things to allow smaller guilds to compete.
No u really dont get it.
It forces a certain population into contant pvp,
u think it will stop at 6 reds ?? next time it be 12, then 18 etc, those players dont want to do that, if they liked doing that they would have joined factions and fought over cities instead of over ps..
This will make people leave UOF to do whatever.

That is literally the entire point of a champion spawn and power scrolls. It forces you to PvP for the best rewards in-game.

EQMS isn't camping every single dungeon 24 hours a day, slaughtering everyone in their path. they raid champ spawns because they know dummies like you won't do shit to defend them.

go farm dragons, go farm balrons, go farm ogre lords, go farm titans. stop complaining because you can't get free power scrolls and relics

I'll paraphrase your entire post "I'm okay with 1 or 2 reds coming in so we can defeat them without doing anything, but if someone has to put in any amount of effort beyond "all kill" it is a real turn off and it forces people to quit because they actually have to work for something."

Status
Not open for further replies.