AOE changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Not to mention it would let unorganized blues easily fight groups of reds -- I saw many blues trying to fight us at brit bridge last night. They were trying to use quakes and swarms but either ended up hurting their own team with the quake or doing piddly damage with how nerfed the chain/ms spells are.

The only people really opposed to this idea have been the CoM kids who cry about any possible change that could bring viable change to PVP and help newer players have some success in large group fights.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
the reason you want it is because youve been having trouble ebolt railing noobs in CoM so you need a new method to overpower people 15v4.

no reason to fix something that isnt broken. this was never an issue until the legendary EQMS brought it up.

i wonder why

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Are you against making PVP diverse? Are you against giving blues a way to defend themselves at champ spawns or brit bridge? Are you against making all spells viable? Are you against making more than just scribe the most dominant template in factions? Are you against bringing new players into PVP?

Comon Hampton, you're a better PVPer than that... its sad to see you guys(who are good enough to use and fight against anything) cry about any little change that may benefit the shard as a whole instead of the "leet" dueler.

If this was some OP thing, then I'd understand your crying, but its not -- theres many many strategies effective against it(just like there are against explode ebs, or fs/eb rails). Limiting tactics by keeping spells broken in the game is not a good look(see how EVs now have a place in PVP).

Saturn

Grandmaster
I believe that making changes would create more ways for people to play the game. More people joining factions to help fight in guarding bases and ability to help everyone in spawn areas
We now have storm idols for that. No need to make changes to AOE spells so large zerg groups can run around with precast chains and wipe out small crews with 1 spell that goes right thru reflect.

Lets be honest you guys want this change because your having a hard time with your FS rail tactic beating other crews 10-20v4-7

Saturn

Grandmaster
Are you against making PVP diverse? Are you against giving blues a way to defend themselves at champ spawns or brit bridge? Are you against making all spells viable? Are you against making more than just scribe the most dominant template in factions? Are you against bringing new players into PVP?

Comon Hampton, you're a better PVPer than that... its sad to see you guys(who are good enough to use and fight against anything) cry about any little change that may benefit the shard as a whole instead of the "leet" dueler.

If this was some OP thing, then I'd understand your crying, but its not -- theres many many strategies effective against it(just like there are against explode ebs, or fs/eb rails). Limiting tactics by keeping spells broken in the game is not a good look(see how EVs now have a place in PVP).
Stop trying to make it sound like AOE dmg increases will make pvp "diverse"
No one is against that, at all.
What people dont want to see is 20man zerg groups running around being able to lay out huge aoe dmg spells that go thru reflect.

Your not trying to benefit the shard in any way, just trying to get a change made to benefit your lack of skill in the field.

The only change that should be made to AOE is if a blue casts it, it doesnt hit other blues

agauo

Master
So it seems like only EQMS members are wanting this change (while saying it's for the good of the shard). Stop talking for the smaller groups/random blues/etc.

You want this change because you are getting beat 6v15 due to some people are able to survive your mass ebolt rails by playing scribes and actually being able to heal. By increasing MS damage you are limiting it to very little counterplay while having the ability to kill 3-4 people at once instead of just one guy. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that it would greatly benefit your group the most and there's a reason your group is the only one pushing for this.

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad for an organized good group. We could find ways around it and still beat you outnumbered 3 to 1. The people this would really hurt is the unorganized noobs.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It would make PVP diverse...its how it was on uoforever for a long time and you saw some groups using AoE spells, some groups using explode/eb dumps, some groups using a combo of AoE spells and pets/dexers etc...

No one is talking about making AoE do more damage or whatever you keep rambling/crying about, simply suggesting that quakes and swarms/chain lightenings dont hurt your own guild/party/color like every other AoE spell does here(EVs, para fields, poison fields, blades, mass curse, etc).

We now have storm idols for that. No need to make changes to AOE spells so large zerg groups can run around with precast chains and wipe out small crews with 1 spell that goes right thru reflect.

Lets be honest you guys want this change because your having a hard time with your FS rail tactic beating other crews 10-20v4-7
How does this help anyone outside of factioners?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
No one is calling for an increase in MS or chain damage... just making those spells fall in line with the rest of the shards AoE(they dont hurt your own team like EVs, blades, para fields, poison fields, mass curse etc...).

Not sure why you think this would only benefit us... people would be able to drop a quake on attacking reds at a champ spawn and have their pets finish the job. People at the brit bridge would be able to uses quakes and swarms vs groups of reds.

Stop limiting field PVP to just one style....this is 2015, not 1998. Why are you scared? AoE isnt op, its just a different style of PVP and is no more or less effective/OP than anything we have now.

agauo

Master
I would rather all AOE spells affect everyone rather than the other way around. Are you seriously worried about targeting your own people with MS? Well... I guess looking at your guild I can see the cause for concern, but I think the best path is to teach people properly how to target/field/etc. instead of changing the game mechanics. Speaking of which I will consider keeping my 2 mill lessons going for another week just for this. See signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The only way chain lightening and meteor swarms are effective now is when theyre synched with a quake -- which is not usable when they hurt your own team. No one is proposing a damage increase, simply want to allow people to use these spells without hurting their own team(which is how it was on UOR and uoforever for the longest time). Theres plenty of counters to it and if the synch is sloppy, its healed with ease. Its just changing all AoE spells to work the same(like the fields, mass curse, EVs, blades etc work now).

You guys are good -- good enough where you should not be so afraid of a change that helps bring more diversity to PVP. Like I said, last night, there was plenty of PVP at brit bridge, would have been nice to see everyone fighting being able to use all the spells in the game instead of just eb rails.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
CgsS6PH.png

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Try it out for a week or two... if it sucks or is imbalanced(it wont be, it never was), it can be modified or changed back.

We should be promoting diversity in PVP; it would be more fun than seeing every one run a scribe and off screening as soon as their reflect is finally popped.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'm for all of those things as well(remember, our crew played on uoforever where all of this existed)... to me, the more diversity in PVP, the less stale a 17 year old game becomes, the more fun it is for new and old players alike.

agauo

Master
If you really think blues are going to group together, cast meteor swarm, and somehow magically sync together the damage on your group of 20 people I think you need a reality check. Your point of being able to EQ people at champ spawns... Who honestly wants that?

You aren't fooling anyone. We all know these spells will only benefit you and make faction base guarding so much worse. I for one can't wait to try and raid your base with someone EQing in the middle over and over.

3efe07a29b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.