Archery and poisoning

Should archery use poisoning?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd love to throw out the idea on what I think, would make archery more used in PvP. As it stands archery is hardly ever used alone as a weapon skill in a PvP template over others, but I feel there could be a way and that's through poisoning.

With the poisoning skill and archery, it adds the chance to dip your arrows in poison. In order for this to happen, you must poison an oil cloth giving it a durability like a poison sword, etc. Each shot removes a durability from the cloth, and ruins durability of the bow. Unless using a sealed bow, from beeswax, only made from bow fletching. In a sense it would have a little less of a chance to poison than say fencing or swords because it has range, but I feel that it would make archery on par to the other weapon skills.

What's your guys opinion on this idea? It was implemented on Angel Island, and I feel it was a great implement and decision that was added.

a magical man

Grandmaster
I played a nox archer on my first shard, they were absolutely fun! You used a poison potion on a piece of cloth, that cloth turned into a poisoned rag with poison charges. The charge was expended upon firing an arrow!

Kilike

Grandmaster
I'd love to throw out the idea on what I think, would make archery more used in PvP. As it stands archery is hardly ever used alone as a weapon skill in a PvP template over others, but I feel there could be a way and that's through poisoning.

With the poisoning skill and archery, it adds the chance to dip your arrows in poison. In order for this to happen, you must poison an oil cloth giving it a durability like a poison sword, etc. Each shot removes a durability from the cloth, and ruins durability of the bow. Unless using a sealed bow, from beeswax, only made from bow fletching. In a sense it would have a little less of a chance to poison than say fencing or swords because it has range, but I feel that it would make archery on par to the other weapon skills.

What's your guys opinion on this idea? It was implemented on Angel Island, and I feel it was a great implement and decision that was added.
Honestly with how useless GM poisoning is here, I don't see this change helping archery. I rarely struggle or see others struggle to just chug A(one) cure and be done with it. Only time it helps is vs dexxers and that's if their bandaid cures over a heal.

Idea wise though... Without stealing ideas from AoS I don't see it being better. Even then it was a gimmick build in pvp.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Honestly with how useless GM poisoning is here, I don't see this change helping archery. I rarely struggle or see others struggle to just chug A(one) cure and be done with it. Only time it helps is vs dexxers and that's if their bandaid cures over a heal.

Idea wise though... Without stealing ideas from AoS I don't see it being better. Even then it was a gimmick build in pvp.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Poisoning is not a useless skill at gm. You have a better chance at hitting poison off a weapon then someone without poisoning.

Also the only way this would be nice if there was a time in between you can use a poison arrow, or maybe a weaker poison I feel that archer is a pretty good skill as is. Opinion

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
As much fun as I think this would be to be the one playing the archer (I'm actually making an archer for pvp right now), it would be OP. The thing about fencers and dexers having to poison is they have to be standing right next to you to hit you and poison you, which means you can juke them - make them think you're going one way and then go the other way. You can't do this against archers, which gives them a bit of an advantage over normal dexers already (granted, they have other disadvantages - no special moves for instance). As much fun as it would be to be the one playing the archer, I'd be pissed as fuck if I was fighting an archer and about to click gheal on myself and then get poisoned with an arrow from a screen away.

As much fun as I think this would be to be the one playing the archer (I'm actually making an archer for pvp right now), it would be OP. The thing about fencers and dexers having to poison is they have to be standing right next to you to hit you and poison you, which means you can juke them - make them think you're going one way and then go the other way. You can't do this against archers, which gives them a bit of an advantage over normal dexers already (granted, they have other disadvantages - no special moves for instance). As much fun as it would be to be the one playing the archer, I'd be pissed as fuck if I was fighting an archer and about to click gheal on myself and then get poisoned with an arrow from a screen away.

I agree why I said it's pretty good as is. Got hit for 65 from a power heavy x bow the other day

Streets

Grandmaster

How many negative hits does archery have to take because it's a ranged attack? It already has:

*Lower hit rate
*Needs a resource (arrows)
*Has no 1 handed weapon type
*Has no fast weapon speed
*Can not be used in combination with pots
*No special moves
*Can't poision on the weapon/attacks
*Can be line of sighted
*Severely diminished by armor
*Only 3 weapons for the whole skill
*Have to stand still to shoot
You are flagged before you fire the arrow as apposed to magery where you are not flagged until the spell lands (hit or resisted)
*takes 300 skill points (archery, anatomy, tactics) to do what 100 skill points in alchemy can do and more.
*like magery if you want to use a pot in pvp and not get raped with no ky, you will probably need wrestling. Unfortunately this is another 100 skill points and archers don't gain the same benificial of not having to swap weapons or spell books to drink a pot. Juggling sucks
Wanna make it fair? Make it any weapon skill can use pots while welding a weapon with 100 wrestling instead of people having it for free or hell 100 wrestling and 100 alchemy
*not being able to drink pots does not mean just purple pots. Heals cures and stat pots are all an advantage every combat skill has over archery

I am sure I am missing some here but there is a shit ton of disadvantages to be able to attack a few tiles more than melee. Add in stuns pots and spells and now you have a huge advantage over archery.

But i know "working as intended" smh

K A Z

Grandmaster
13 years later and people still think that archery should have a place in UOR pvp (which it actually has)

SMH

K A Z

Grandmaster
13 years later people still don't mature so I will sink to your level...

Buy a bullet and rent a gun

isn't it funny that there are only a few asking for archery buffs, while all the others do just fine ? and is it a coincidence that those asking for changes have no clue about pvp ?

Streets

Grandmaster
@K A Z

Look I don't really give a fuck at this point it's a game and you are truly not worth my time I posted a few statements is all. I won't reply here odds are my time on uof is over anyway the community is far to toxic for its size it obviously drags me down too so you and the other circle jerking trolls can have this shard.

K A Z

Grandmaster
@K A Z

Look I don't really give a fuck at this point it's a game and you are truly not worth my time I posted a few statements is all. I won't reply here odds are my time on uof is over anyway the community is far to toxic for its size it obviously drags me down too so you and the other circle jerking trolls can have this shard.

it's funny how these days one is regarded a "circle jerking trolls" for telling somebody that he has no clue what he is talking about.

Kael

Master
All weapon skills should have strengths and weaknesses in pvm and pvp

I love my archers for pvm...just wish they were a bit more useful in pvp

Kael

Master

Couldn't the dexer just purple pot you from a far to interrupt your gh?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Couldn't the dexer just purple pot you from a far to interrupt your gh?

Interrupt yes, but archery can do that now as it is. I'm talking about getting the cursor from a successful cast and then getting poisoned, thus making the heal you just casted useless and you now have to cancel it to drink a cure pot or cast cure.

Even with queue target I believe there is a tiny window where this can happen, not 100% sure on that though.

Fattson

Grandmaster
@K A Z

I try not to say negative things but wow, what a fucking *****.