gm music
gm tactics
gm anatomy
gm healing
gm healing
gm magery
20 med

If so how is it?
I'm guessing you meant archery not a second healing.

I would drop Magery and get hiding, then you don't need to worry about raising your skill cap.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Healing and anatomy let you keep on damaging while you heal and increase your damage. With the other build you will have to unequip the bow to heal. Also, mage archer requires you to have lower Dex making you do less dps.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Healing and anatomy let you keep on damaging while you heal and increase your damage. With the other build you will have to unequip the bow to heal. Also, mage archer requires you to have lower Dex making you do less dps.
This is true, I run more int than dex and that does cut my ss down quite a bit. But with disarm/rearm hotkeys, the time to re-equip after casting is negligible.

Tynder

Master
Has anyone ran this temp on here?

archer/bard

gm voke
gm music
gm tactics
gm anatomy
gm healing
gm archery
gm magery
20 med

If so how is it?
I run the exact template, just without scrolling up for the 20 med. 100 STR 60 INT 65 DEX. Throw a bless spell or pots, and it ends up being pretty stout in most situations.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I use a uoforever build that seems to work well. Let me know if you guys think I should change it up in any way.

100 archery
100 music
110 provo
100 resist
100 tactics
60 magery
70 healing
70 anatomy

90 str/100 dex/ 35 int

Works really well for PVM.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Stealth archer for me, champ beast for sure.
Gm

Archery
Magery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Hiding
Stealth

If you get in trouble you can hide dismount (ethy) regroup remount and start firing again. You also have cure spell bandages pots and gh in a pinch.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Stealth archer for me, champ beast for sure.
Gm

Archery
Magery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Hiding
Stealth

If you get in trouble you can hide dismount (ethy) regroup remount and start firing again. You also have cure spell bandages pots and gh in a pinch.
Stealth archer ftw

I love to tell people about my stealth archer with legendary mining taking first in many champs. :p

I am almost finished with a new build
Archery
Music
Provo
Hiding
80 tactics
80 anat
80 healing
80 stealth

Can't wait to see how it does.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I'm very happy with both of my bard templates.
115 provo
music
magery
archery
tacs
anat
resist

115 fishing
provo
music
archery
magery
tacs
anat

How is the first build Fattson? I have the first build but I don't have magery or resist. I have Healing and Hiding. I really do miss magery lol idk what to do. Also what do your stats look like on the first build

Ceazar

Expert
My current archer is running the following and it works awesome but i am thinking of dropping eval for healing. what do you guys think?

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Mage
Med
Resist
Eval Int (thinking of swapping eval for healing)

I rarely use offensive spells. I run 39 int so that i can cast bless and med up to cask 8 circle spells. Summoning a Demon for instance.

Native

Novice
My current archer is running the following and it works awesome but i am thinking of dropping eval for healing. what do you guys think?

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Mage
Med
Resist
Eval Int (thinking of swapping eval for healing)

I rarely use offensive spells. I run 39 int so that i can cast bless and med up to cask 8 circle spells. Summoning a Demon for instance.

I would drop Eval for healing, definitely. I love healing. I had eval on one of my chars, but I never really utilized it, so I ended up trading it out.

Fattson

Grandmaster
How is the first build Fattson? I have the first build but I don't have magery or resist. I have Healing and Hiding. I really do miss magery lol idk what to do. Also what do your stats look like on the first build
It's perfect for my playstyle. I'm a crafter and I don't really enjoy pvm, so this toons kills drags and centaurs for leather and that's about it. If i'm in occlo, i have to deal with titans, but casting reflect and using a repond bow makes all the difference. I can't imagine using another build. Healing is too slow and hiding slows you down.

Tydeus

Master
I'm in the process of making many of my chars into hybrids.

My bard will be:

90 STR
60 DEX
75 INT

100 Archery
70 Healing
90 Magery
50 Meditation
100 Musicianship
115 Provocation
90 Resisting Spells
100 Tactics

90 str only gives -5 hit points, and with magery, I'll often be casting strength on myself anyway.

I did lengthy tests with resist using flamestrike, ebolt, explosion, lightning, and fireball with chars that had 100, 90, and 80 resist. 100 resist wasn't much better than 90, but 80 resist was quite a downgrade from 90.

90 magery with 50 med provides 7th level spell reflection, powerful emergency greater heals and mini heals, stat blessings (strength/bless), cures (ran out of pots?), teleport, wall of stone, the ability to recall around much faster, paralyze, paralyze field (stop a mob from getting to you), poison field (block monsters that use dispel on your EV's), invisibility, the ability to use gate (overloaded?), blade spirits (more handy than some think depending on how many followers you have), EV's, Daemons, and up to 3x summoned creatures (5th level spell) to take aggro off of you while your provocation skill recharges. 50 med and 75 int may even be too much depending on how frequently you will be using spells, but I haven't tested it out yet. 75 int allows for 1 EV, 1 poison field, and enough mana left over for an emergency recall or greater heal. Going as low as 40 med may work well enough, and the extra 10 points can be used to get 80 healing. 75 int may be too much, and it can possibly be lowered to 60-65 with the rest going into dex; it all depends on your play style. To me, magery is something I do not want to be without. You're very unlikely to fail summoning an EV with 90 magery if you just use a scroll.

70-80 healing allows for reasonably good heals that do not fail that often. This alone will allow you to use much less mana on healing and will not require you to disarm to heal yourself. One trick is to keep applying bandages on yourself before the bandage timer applies them if you're not very low on health, so that when you really are low on health, you will already have a bandage that is being applied that may kick in fast. This will consume more bandages, but they're so cheap that it doesn't matter to me.

You simply do not need a full-blown mage on a bard (100 magery + 100 med).

100 anatomy would give you +20% bonus damage with your arrows and +20 hit points healed. That isn't much of a drawback to not have, especially with slayer bows. I prefer to wreck monsters using summons, arrows, and provo at the same time.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You never want to lean too heavily on magery with a dexer template because of the obvious reason...unequipping...but it sure is nice when you need it.

90 magery/30 med is pretty nice on a couple of my dexers. Because of the lower frequency of casting, 90 magery will suffice even though you take a hit on gheal effectiveness. And 30 med still leaves much to be desired, so it's certainly not too much because you're not gonna have a full mana pool all that often anyway because of armor.

I am used to 90 magery/70 med on my main Provo tamer so I am fine with 90/30 on a dexer.

Here's the deal regarding stats: apparently swing speed scales 1:1 with DEX value so there are no benchmarks to reach for. There was a misconception for the longest time that swing speed came in groups of 30. This is not true, as it turns out.

STR may be a similar story. There is an alleged 5% dmg bonus for having 100 STR. I have not tested this, but I run 100 STR for the carry weight anyway and take my extra INT out of my DEX. Something to take into consideration.

100/90/35 or 100/95/30 both work well. If you see yourself needing or wanting to gate you can always run with 40 INT, but that's gonna cripple your ability to cast for a while. I definitely advise 90 magery/30 med if you think you're gonna do that.

Scrolling: chances are if you are bumping your skill cap by 20 you are going to run 110 Provo or higher. Definitely advised. You can always dip into your tactics. The damage you lose from tactics will be worth the peace of mind of a lower Provo fail rate.

Last edited by a moderator: