Attacked inside my house?

Alrich

Neophyte
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but today I was attached in my own house multiple times.

From outside of my house someone can apparently cast spells into my house and do damage to me, eventually killing me.

Is this intentional?

This person is now camping my house so that I can't get res-ed and retrieve my stuff.

Faytality

Staff member
are you standing close to your walls? is the corner piece missing in the upper left corner? do you have open windows? is your door a slotted gate? These make it possible for other to attack you inside your house. People can be pricks in this game. prevention is key.

Alrich

Neophyte
My house is one of the cheapest pre-built ones you can buy. So I don't think it has any open spots or windows or anything. I was attacked both when standing directly in the center and when pressed up against a wall.

Grisbone

Expert
I think you need to be stood on the very centre tile of your small house to be safe from earthquake/meteor swarm griefing.

halygon

Grandmaster
My house is one of the cheapest pre-built ones you can buy. So I don't think it has any open spots or windows or anything. I was attacked both when standing directly in the center and when pressed up against a wall.
It may help us if you provide more details on how you were attacked. Was it a direct damage spell such as Energy Bolt or area of affect spells like earthquake? Did they shoot fireballs at you (meteor swarm) or lightning (chain lightning)?

In the smallest classic style house, the footprint is 7x7. You must be three tiles away from each wall, which means in your house, only the exact center tile is completely safe from death. Even then, earthquake can hit you (8 tile radius), but cannot kill you as it damages in percentages.

Alrich

Neophyte
This may be a *duh* question, but you don't have your door open do you?
Yeah, door was shut. :p

I thought I was standing in the center of my house, but I may have been off one or more tiles.

The person attacking me was shooting a fireball at me, I'll guess meteor swarm.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Before this I hadn't taken griefing so seriously. I figured no one would be an ass to a new player for no reason.

Turns out I'm naiive.