Automatic pet rez at the stables

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Pets could be automatically rez'd as soon as they walk through the doors at the stables!
This would be for newer players who are too new to have a trained vet, but yet young enough to have a bonded pet!

Messremb

Grandmaster
I like the idea, but how about...

Pet rezing deeds made by Players with vet using a band aid on a blank scroll, can only be used while near a Stable.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
that makes it harder for newer players who don't have the deeds or know they exist
but i agree something should be done

Babethoven

Grandmaster
deeds/tamer cakes is a better idea

1. it'll make use of cooking

and we also need herding to be a greifing skills here as well ^^

halygon

Grandmaster
+1 for the idea of pet res at stable, you could even have it cost money to res based on the level/type of pet
Yeah, have it cost money. We can have special NPCs that would do this... Call them... Um.. Rangers.. Oh wait, that was done somewhere else already.

I'm starting to see a trend across every shard I've been on. Does every shard need to snipe what other shards are doing? I guess it's only "progress".. Kinda like the tv thing-- at one time TVs didn't all look the same....

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yeah, have it cost money. We can have special NPCs that would do this... Call them... Um.. Rangers.. Oh wait, that was done somewhere else already.

I'm starting to see a trend across every shard I've been on. Does every shard need to snipe what other shards are doing? I guess it's only "progress".. Kinda like the tv thing-- at one time TVs didn't all look the same....

Thats some hefty naysaying, but really, lets just stick to the OP. Everything else in the thread sofar somehow tries to dodge the true purpose, which is merely to help new players. Not stress them for cash, or make them hunt for deeds or in babe's case, fruit, and no, nobody is suggesting adding npc rangers like trammel ok, just two floor tiles that automatically rez pets on the inside of each stable doors.

Not trammel, not even hard.

FAMARA

Grandmaster

it wasnt like this in the old uo rules, so they shouldnt change anything for the better . LOL

well i only play on this shard so i wouldnt know and maybe you should stick to one shard then you wouldnt ha e tgese problems lmao

wreckognize

Grandmaster
101515-shop-smart-shop-smart-gif-Imgu-s9Du.gif

Jeff

Apprentice
One bandage too much to rez a pet? LMFAO That is some super cry baby bullshit.

>>>>>>>>>TRAMMEL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
just adapt, theres no reason you cant have have someone else rez your shitty pet
but you probably just want this for yourself, for the love of trammel
pretty unreasonable, senseless suggestion

TBH if you want players to actually enjoy the experience to the maximum potential then that really requires them to earn what they have.
For example, if I gave a new guildmate a house, he would never enjoy that house as much as if he earned it himself.

Wouldn't be getting my hopes up on this one rofl

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's not a good idea but not because the mechanics would be off-base. There are already NPCs that resurrect and serve the purpose that existing skills do...they're called healers.

I don't want to see automatic pet resses because having pets is a privelege and that privelege needs to be prepared for with certain skill development or the reliance on/expectation of others.

Besides, vet and lore are suuuuuper easy to raise so someone who needs a res for anything besides a horse/wolf/beetle gets no sympathy from me. And even in those cases you need to plan for failure or suffer the consequences.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
The problem, I find, is that newer players are unaware of what skill combination is needed to rez the pets themselves. It's a hefty learning curve. They are somehow able to end up with bonded horses and such, and then the mount dies and follows them around lol, wasting so much of their time as they ask people who can't help them for help at wbb.

The suggestion is to make animal trainer buildings have an automatic pet rez ability.
I'd also like to add, that these tiles can be coded to not function IF the pet has been in combat recently, to avoid abuse.
This is a purely cosmetic fix that aims to help make the game more user friendly, which in turn helps increase the population.

halygon

Grandmaster
Damn @Jeff & @Bromista - little harsh on a mostly good idea?

Truth is, a ranger type NPC would actually be more useful to faction characters than mostly anyone else. Newbies would definately benefit (assuming there isn't a cost that they couldn't pay).

Currently when my bonded mount dies on my faction character, I just release it because as it stands, it's easier to shop for a new mount than find someone to res mine.

Bryce

Adept
If anything were addressed in the matter, it would lean towards the deed idea. We'd opt towards player interaction over anything else.
Generally, if a player knows how the bonding process works, they likely have a rune to WBB. Which they can thus ask for a res. The idea behind UO is community. You have your assholes, and you have your nice guys. Whatever. Everyone plays a role. But asking questions leads to development. And like I said, in this case, if they know how to bond the pet, they probably know how to type 'pet res please' and upon doing so, can follow it up with 'how did you res my pet?".

Gotta look at the grander picture. Promoting that people ask questions leads to conversation. Which can potentially lead to that guy landing himself in a guild with people that can help him learn at a faster rate. Inter-player interaction is a fundamental to UO. Start off nice and inquisitive, learn the mechanics, then choose the path of douchebag, faction, pvm endgame, whatever. We value every possible role a player can play.

Not a bad suggestion by any means, just offering our side of it. By all means constructively counter it, we're more than happy to hear of any suggestions our base make.

PhoenixRock

Neophyte
Would you consider adding some sort of message a NPC Vet says when a dead bonded pet walks within a certain range of them saying something like "Please find a player with the Veterinary skill to resurrect your pet"?

This would provide the needed information to new players that go to the NPC Vet building looking to have their pet resurrected.

halygon

Grandmaster
If anything were addressed in the matter, it would lean towards the deed idea. We'd opt towards player interaction over anything else.
Generally, if a player knows how the bonding process works, they likely have a rune to WBB. Which they can thus ask for a res. The idea behind UO is community. You have your assholes, and you have your nice guys. Whatever. Everyone plays a role. But asking questions leads to development. And like I said, in this case, if they know how to bond the pet, they probably know how to type 'pet res please' and upon doing so, can follow it up with 'how did you res my pet?".

Gotta look at the grander picture. Promoting that people ask questions leads to conversation. Which can potentially lead to that guy landing himself in a guild with people that can help him learn at a faster rate. Inter-player interaction is a fundamental to UO. Start off nice and inquisitive, learn the mechanics, then choose the path of douchebag, faction, pvm endgame, whatever. We value every possible role a player can play.

Not a bad suggestion by any means, just offering our side of it. By all means constructively counter it, we're more than happy to hear of any suggestions our base make.

Good reply, that's great for regular players. For factioners though, even on shards (like uoforever) where there were always tons of faction characters, it was ridiculously hard to find anyone to resurrect your pet. Most folks in factions are either pvpers (95%) or faction crafters (5%). Very very few tamer pvpers have vetrinary and since this shard pretty much frowns upon tamer pvpers, there are even less here in factions (if any at all). Pretty much, if you are in factions, you have to have an ethy or just buy a new mount everytime yours gets killed. Those are pretty bad options if you ask me.