Automating Taming?

Brona

Neophyte
How automated am I allowed to make this? If I write a script that requires me to manually walk between things and press a key, but automates the tame/rename/release, is that too automatic or am I still within the rules here?

halygon

Grandmaster
How automated am I allowed to make this? If I write a script that requires me to manually walk between things and press a key, but automates the tame/rename/release, is that too automatic or am I still within the rules here?
Automating the taming part - Good.
Automating the walking - Not Good.

darthdeus

Journeyman
From what I've gathered it should be ok to automate the walking, as long as you're not afk.

I've used a macro that auto-follows the currently tamed mob, which almost everyone seems to be using as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
From what I've gathered it should be ok to automate the walking, as long as you're not afk.

I've used a macro that auto-follows the currently tamed mob, which almost everyone seems to be using as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose as long as it isn't walking you to the next taming target and is only following the current taming target you should be good to go.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
but would doing that following bring you in range of another target which you can then target to tame and follow? bc then i think thats no go

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
but would doing that following bring you in range of another target which you can then target to tame and follow? bc then i think thats no go
If you are manually moving to the next taming target, I believe that is a legal move. Just cannot have it auto target next tame, move you within range, start taming, follow it around, and then rinse and repeat.

Big thing here being some sort of action from the player needs to occur. The manually moving from completed tame to next target should be enough player interaction, from what I've gathered.

Young Star

Grandmaster
The popular taming macro in the steam scripts forum will only target tamales within a tile or two. Yes sometimes as you are auto following the current target you will be in range of another when you finally tame the first. You still have to walk up to 90% of the targets though. If that part needs to be removed it would not be a big deal. The most useful part is auto targeting, taming till success, rename, and release. Plus adding to an ignore list so even if it is renamed again it won't try to target the animal

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
The popular taming macro in the steam scripts forum will only target tamales within a tile or two. Yes sometimes as you are auto following the current target you will be in range of another when you finally tame the first. You still have to walk up to 90% of the targets though. If that part needs to be removed it would not be a big deal. The most useful part is auto targeting, taming till success, rename, and release. Plus adding to an ignore list so even if it is renamed again it won't try to target the animal
I want a tamed tamale now.

Sent from my Lenovo B8080-F using Tapatalk