Weland

Grandmaster
This may have already been brought up, but it is true that magic is the main form of pvp. If we incorporated the ability to make Avatar Slaying weapons that do added dmg to Avatars (Players) it could rejuvenate the melee aspect of pvp. It being a slayer means it wont be in mass production but steady enough to get a steady transition back into a balance mage/melee pvp.

I know melee isn't out of the game as I am going to work a dexxer/mage for pvp so I'm not saying it can't be done under the current setup but this could broaden the spectrum some and make it more appealing.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
maces/axes already hit for 40-60 combiend with a alcy thats upt 80 dmg on the high end. 1v1 melee is pretty good in group fight u leave yaself open to stuns and will prob be the first target to get dumped on.

i think any type of pvp slayer would be crazy OP for warhamer and LJ weps

Weland

Grandmaster
Yea but it's really just maces and axes and if they took this seriously and made the change they would have to scale accordingly. The main reason I bring this up and I could be wrong is you have 3 base melee options: Lumberjack, mace/alch or scribe, and poisoning fence/sword. So you are again stuck with some form of support. You can't just roll pure melee and expect to do much in pvp.

Like I said in the original post, I know it's doable but I think this would broaden the spectrum. The admins would have to tweak dmg here and there to keep the few current powerhouse builds from being OP and the other options/weapons scale up to par.

Not trying to take away from mages either and I've read that in a battle of attrition the melee should win 1v1 but then the mage just recalls out and runs away.

Weland

Grandmaster
The admins could also tweak the percentages so the big bad weapons have a lower chance of going Avatar slaying and the less in your face weapons have a higher chance.