Bank @ Crafters Area

Thryn

Adept

This could turn the area into AFK Crafter Central just like people macroing magery at the bank. Restock just enough resource to make an item, craft it, bank it/smelt it. There should also be a little risk for people wanting to take advantage of the bonuses the area provides. Yes, that involves transporting resources there. I use the crafter area frequently and have never had problems because just like doing anything else in UO, I'm careful.

eppy

Grandmaster
-1 Also. Just how easy do you want this to be? You can already recall in and out and back at will. If you want that kind of security use your house or add the recalling to your macro.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
No bank means more thieves, meaning there are less people there, ruining the idea of a place where you can go to meet crafters and ask them to make something for you in game.

And btw, I have a thief myself.

+1

Messremb

Grandmaster
Its not about security. its about how annoying it is to have to make 5 suits of armor recall to a bank drop them off and go back. keeping vendors stocked sucks. And before you say, "well craft in your house" realize that in order to have any chance of making money you have to use the crafting area, because if you don't, you cant keep your prices competitive. Crafting is already pretty much useless for making money. lets throw crafters a bone.

Also, The crafting area is a cesspool of griefers. most crafters have little to no defensive skills. Any thief worth mentioning knows they can steal from crafters without any fear because they cant do jack about it. Lastly using flawed game mechanics people can kill and loot packhorses in town making them not a viable option.

Honestly if I didn't have a beetle I would never use the crafting area.

MirImage

Apprentice
Isn't the idea of having the "Crafting Area" for people to get their stuff repaired? Having a bank access will create more afkers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
The idea is to have a place on the shard where you can find crafters to make/repair your gear. Making it a more comfortable environment can only increase the benefits. Plus it's illegal to be AFK crafting there so a bit more control should deal with the problems it could create.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Isn't the idea of having the "Crafting Area" for people to get their stuff repaired? Having a bank access will create more afkers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I disagree,

the non-AFK crafters never linger their cause they don't want their shit stolen, or they are having to run back to the bank to unload and get more supplies. If they had a bank there I wouldn't have an issue shooting the breeze and helping people out there. maybe even a place to hang out. Right now, as a crafter, I view it as that annoying place I have to go. adding a bank could make it, that place where crafters mingle. which was the point in the first place.

Its not like we are asking to remove stealing there. there will still be stuff for thieves to get.

Reemer

Master
Its not about security. its about how annoying it is to have to make 5 suits of armor recall to a bank drop them off and go back. keeping vendors stocked sucks. And before you say, "well craft in your house" realize that in order to have any chance of making money you have to use the crafting area, because if you don't, you cant keep your prices competitive. Crafting is already pretty much useless for making money. lets throw crafters a bone.

Also, The crafting area is a cesspool of griefers. most crafters have little to no defensive skills. Any thief worth mentioning knows they can steal from crafters without any fear because they cant do jack about it. Lastly using flawed game mechanics people can kill and loot packhorses in town making them not a viable option.

What is this packhorse mechanic?

Messremb

Grandmaster
Open a gate. 2 guys drop Exp on the pack horse then leave through the gate, third guy grabs the bag and hits the gate. seen it happen. I lost 4 almost finished DC armor suits to it.

Harken110

Expert

Wait, what's so special about using the crafter's area for vendor stock? Increases the chance for HQ?

StarBaby

Grandmaster
HELL NO!

DOWN with OSI mechanics! OHH wait, can I have bank in my house as well? Maybe an auto paragon spawner on the top floor?

Deep sea fishing from my balcony onto the grass with unlimited tile use!!!

what a great gold sink idea. :)

Metalhead-

Master
Just when I thought I was wrong about you two being trammies you go and totally renew my faith in said fact.

=D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Thing is the crafters guild has only one purpose : grouping crafters in one spot, IG, creating interactions... This idea would make it work more. And if thieves can steal at banks, they can steal there. Especially since you know people are going to take resources off their banks and put them in their packs. There will still be som meaty steal there. Maybe even more (with more people).