bard/archer/mage template stats advice

Ras Tafari

Apprentice
Hello Folks!

I'm finishing my first char here which is music,provo,magery,medit,hiding, tactics archery... I'm missing last 10% of archery and that's it. Thinking to switch hiding for fishing later. But my question is what are best stats for this template? I'm currently on 90 str 45 Dex and 90 int.

Thanks for help

Gedron

Master
Here is my bard's build:

Music
Provo
Magery
Med
Archery
Tactics
Fishing

90/55/80

I'm probably going to be dropping fishing soon and may re-up Eval to be more effective in pvp because I still like to fight reds who think they can take me :mad:

Can't go wrong with lockpicking, either.

Neptune

Neophyte
Here is my bard's build:

Music
Provo
Magery
Med
Archery
Tactics
Fishing

90/55/80

I'm probably going to be dropping fishing soon and may re-up Eval to be more effective in pvp because I still like to fight reds who think they can take me :mad:

Replacing the hiding would be most beneficial. Lockpicking is a great idea. I think you can use almost any stats with that build. If you go with eval then you will definitly want to have higher INT than dex, but that is up to you.

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
Archery
Tactics
Mage
Med
Resist
Music
Provo

With out resist you are too easy to kill by mobs with high magery and pk mages.

asics

Grandmaster
archer 100
tact 100
anatomy 100 (to have best damage)

helaing 83 (you can ress ppl, and heal urself in the pvm,)
magery 77 (you can cast magic reflection , invasmani, an nox, arc cure, mark, gate travel) you dont need more..cause no much mana
meditaion 40 (you love have this ..not much mana..but always uselful)

provo 110 (u never fault , with 100 u will fail a lot with high end mob)
music 100

95 str 90 dex 40 int

with slayer bows you really kill everythng that moves..

and with a recall macro hotkeys you can easy escape by pks..

of course you can CUT anatomy\healing to have Hiding\Resist

but i usually run SOLO and Group and i really enjoy this template..

Enochian

Apprentice
Jazzy Jeff

100 Str 75 Int and 50 Dex

105 provo
100 magery
100 resist (I had gm hiding but dropped it- I much prefer having GM resist)
100 Archery
100 Music
100 Med
100 Tactics

I love the template. I played around with stats and skills but wont touch a thing now.

Krro

Neophyte
Jazzy Jeff

100 Str 75 Int and 50 Dex

105 provo
100 magery
100 resist (I had gm hiding but dropped it- I much prefer having GM resist)
100 Archery
100 Music
100 Med
100 Tactics

I love the template. I played around with stats and skills but wont touch a thing now.
How much damage do you lose by not having anatomy?

Enochian

Apprentice
How much damage do you lose by not having anatomy?

I think 10-20%. Not too noticable. I use archery to speed up provo kills and it does just fine without anat.

I avoid pvp unless its a lewt stealing newb at which point ill provoke something onto them.

illusion

Master
I have somewhat of a uoforever build. This guy is fun as hell, can be used a variety of ways.

80 Resist
60 Hiding
60 Med
100 Archery
100 Fishing
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery

100STR/40DEX/85INT

60 hiding allows me to hide most of the time, and has come in handy when running from reds thru Fire. The resist is necessary as well because balrons/daemons/dragons can combo you / installkill if you don't have it. Plus it's useful with running from reds. The med is obvious, and I really never run out of mana, so 60 is fine, just wear leather. I don't have tactics because a friend who has a similar build, but with tactics doesn't do a considerable amount of extra damage than me. With a GM bow I still hit for 20 or so max damage, he hits for around 25...

This character is great for team hunting as the archery and provo are obvious, but he has magery to help with heals, gate, summon EV, etc. But with fishing it's nice to escape on the sea and do some MIBs during high traffic times in the dungeons. And he can take out the sea monsters fantastic with the archery, provo and magery combo...

Dugar

Neophyte
I don't have tactics because a friend who has a similar build, but with tactics doesn't do a considerable amount of extra damage than me. With a GM bow I still hit for 20 or so max damage, he hits for around 25...

Tactics traditionally adds 150% damage. For comparison, anatomy only adds 20%.

I tested damage with a gm bow between two characters with 0 ac, 100 str, and 100 anatomy. One had gm tactics and the other had 0. Gm tactics did between 13-43 damage, and 0 tactics did 6-21. It's possible I didn't wait long enough for the min damage with tactics or the max without, but it's safe to say you're doing way less damage with your bow than your friend.

Jonathan

Apprentice
Here is my bard's build:

Music
Provo
Magery
Med
Archery
Tactics
Fishing

90/55/80

Just curious what the fishing was for?

Young Star

Grandmaster
I went with
Archery
Tact
Music
Provo 115
Anat 80
Healing 85
Med 60
Magery 75

90str
80 dex
55 int

I still mainly play as a provo archer but I may try going the full mage route, dropping Anat and healing. I am curious how you work a Champ spawn with that template. I usually don't do much casting when pvming other then emergency healing and cures. Pvp wise I use it for syncing and finish with a bow or a power or vanq heavy with high accuracy.

Lazenby

Adept
Kinda gonna be a gimp build if you are archer without anatomy. Imo, you should either go archer/mage, archer/bard, or bard/mage...making a uoforever of all 3 is just not great for UOF.

About the OP question. It seems with no anat, no resist, and way low dex and no eval, that you are going to be made of glass in your barbed leather, and you will have no offensive output. With hide, you can't if you wanted to shoot your greatly reduced damage arrows, so it seems a confused build. No resist, again what are you going to farm that doesn't have casters and doesn't have PKs? 95% of the stuff that drops skill scrolls are high end casters. Id suggest you try to focus char more...either be a pure bard/mage with eval, resist, med, and either (hide, fish, wrestle, or spirit speak) + music & provoke...or just for for the pure archer/bard with heal, archery, anat, tact, music, provoke, as much resist as you feel comfortable with, and the rest in magery. You can go with 90 healing, 85 resist, and still end up with 45 magery for recalls and utility if you really want. This build works fine for pvm or champs, just not great for pvp...but then, its a bard build. Keep in mind, provoke does greatly reduced damage and at many of the events and champs people will just run up and kill stuff you provoke, so the archery is your primary tool. And with 90 or 95+ dex, and dex potion, and gm tact, archery, and anat, you can do insane damage with a slayer bow. Also, you can provoke, heal/cure, and pop potions all with minimal or no delay. You even have 40 mana and some utility spells from lvl 1-4 and keep in mind on UOF you can use scrolls with almost no skill. Hope that gave some insight. Good luck with your barding.

BEN!

Grandmaster
you get a ton more damage going with 100 dex and 100 anatomy and just giving up on magery all together (you can get around with recall scrolls in rune books / learn to multiclient for gates/fishing/EVs)

but i guess it depends on what your doing... if you stick to champ spawns and don't like to pvp/have a group i would drop archery and go provo/music/magery/med/stealth/hide then eval or wrestle or resist. EV first few levels, provoke later levels and then stealth for when huge guilds raid you so you can follow the boss and get your prize

BEN!

Grandmaster
I went with
Archery
Tact
Music
Provo 115
Anat 80
Healing 85
Med 60
Magery 75

90str
80 dex
55 int

I still mainly play as a provo archer but I may try going the full mage route, dropping Anat and healing. I am curious how you work a Champ spawn with that template. I usually don't do much casting when pvming other then emergency healing and cures. Pvp wise I use it for syncing and finish with a bow or a power or vanq heavy with high accuracy.

you should not be pvping on that character, HUGE disadvantages

keep a pvp character logged in and recall him in if you need to fight

Young Star

Grandmaster
you should not be pvping on that character, HUGE disadvantages

keep a pvp character logged in and recall him in if you need to fight
Yeah. I only use him if in a group at the moment. It is a work in progress and still tinkering.