bard template - archer/mage/provo suggestion

I was planning on turning my mage 5x provo/music bard into an archer and keep magery for heals/utility/summons

100 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 magery
100 meditation
100 resist or drop to get anatomy or hiding

i was planning on leaving resist and see how it does first. damage will be a bit lower but still better than just using energy bolt as it was before lol

90s/70d/65i

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
im use
tactic
archery
anat
healing
music
provo
50\50 magery resist(mb 100 magery or 100 peacemaking)

i think its most damage pvm template except tamer)

stat

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking something like that with anat/healing. but i wanted to keep magery to ev'demon and gate for gate dragging massive loot

Kraden

Grandmaster
I was planning on turning my mage 5x provo/music bard into an archer and keep magery for heals/utility/summons

100 provo
100 music
100 archery
100 tactics
100 magery
100 meditation
100 resist or drop to get anatomy or hiding

i was planning on leaving resist and see how it does first. damage will be a bit lower but still better than just using energy bolt as it was before lol

90s/70d/65i

Ive always personally thought screw resist. Especially for provo. Take theextra damage. If you are always proviing you should never take damage.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I've been using this beast for pvm to balance out both Magery and archery. I enjoy randomly recalling to certain towns quickly because it is my current main character. As for my play style, well it is always revolved around Magery first.

Mage
Med
Music
Provo
Archery
Tactics
Hiding/resist/anatomy

Either one of those in 7th slot. Hiding is awesome for survival only. Resist is eh..once you get good enough to provo well there isn't much a need for it. It also depends since you can use MR, plus you wont be doing a lot of fighting or pvp (recall,recall,recall). Anatomy will boost your archery but just tactics alone is enough to plow around 100+ damage with slayer bows while using pots.

The major part of the build revolves around your stats. A lot of players would prefer damage from bows vs Magery and summons but I like to do both since I play with a group consistently. I like to heal other members on the fly and having enough mana is key for this build:

90 str - Your a bard. Why need a lot of hp besides the amount you can carry.

55 dex- Just enough swing speed for your bow, along with pots you can get 71 for a decent two minutes.

80 int- By far the best amount of mana to cast buffs/gates/recall/summons+ and not have to wait for eternity to go back up. Even with 100 med, the amount of int determines how fast it will go up.

Other alternative is to drop int to 40, put the rest into dex and get rid of meditation for healing but this is how I like my build. The uoforever provo archer mage can solo or play in groups well. Fishing/T-hunting/champ spawns, you name it! Very versatile for all the pvm scenarios.

Drake741

Novice
Why not:

GM Music
GM Provo
GM Magery
GM Med
GM Eval Int
GM Anatomy
GM Archery

Then you get the dmg boost from anatomy, and with GM Eval/Anat you have GM Wrestling for casting, and GM Archery to even out damage on Provo targets.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Why not:

GM Music
GM Provo
GM Magery
GM Med
GM Eval Int
GM Anatomy
GM Archery

Then you get the dmg boost from anatomy, and with GM Eval/Anat you have GM Wrestling for casting, and GM Archery to even out damage on Provo targets.

Nice build, its actually what I started off with first. The Gm Eval/Anat won't matter much because you won't be in range to get hit all the time. Archery will take care of that. The additional damage helps a lot with tactics but if you lower your str/dex to even out Int. for more mana than it defeats the purpose of having 100 str/tactics build. It is really hard to balance this guy out because you sometimes want to do more damage with a bow. Other times you want to heal/buff with magery in some circumstances. The biggest benefit with Hiding is that if you die, and you will die a lot without resist, you can run to your body to hide while picking everything back up.
But I figure well, what would be your stats as far as this build goes?
90/90/40?
100/80/40?
Just by having 2 primary mage skills maxed at 100 you wouldn't be using much with only 40 int. Even at only 40, your 100 meditation skill won't be fast enough to go up during a fight for healing. Having around 80 is a really good way to about this build but then you gimp your other str/dex stats to the point where anatomy/tactics combo won't do much.
Anything less than 80 on magery is not going to help much in a pinch, you will pull off a few heals/cure and when you run out? Pots

Drake741

Novice
Nice build, its actually what I started off with first. The Gm Eval/Anat won't matter much because you won't be in range to get hit all the time. Archery will take care of that. The additional damage helps a lot with tactics but if you lower your str/dex to even out Int. for more mana than it defeats the purpose of having 100 str/tactics build. It is really hard to balance this guy out because you sometimes want to do more damage with a bow. Other times you want to heal/buff with magery in some circumstances. The biggest benefit with Hiding is that if you die, and you will die a lot without resist, you can run to your body to hide while picking everything back up.
But I figure well, what would be your stats as far as this build goes?
90/90/40?
100/80/40
Just by having 2 primary mage skills maxed at 100 you wouldn't be using much with only 40 int. Even at only 40, your 100 meditation skill won't be fast enough to go up during a fight for healing. Having around 80 is a really good way to about this build but then you gimp your other str/dex stats to the point where anatomy/tactics combo won't do much.
Anything less than 80 on magery is not going to help much in a pinch, you will pull off a few heals/cure and when you run out? Pots

I was thinking 100 STR, 80 INT, 45 DEX. The archery is supplemental damage to me, not primary damage. I think of Primary being the two things beating on each other. Right now, I do Daemons and Balrons with a BardMage/T-Hunter build, and use ebolts to even the health bars out. Tedious, expensive, and slow, yes, but it works. I was thinking dropping LP and Cart for Archery and either Tactics or Anatomy just to move things along without using mana or precious casting time.

PKs are of no concern (recall macro) and PvP is for another character entirely. This is to specialize. I like the utiliity of being a mage first, a bard second, and an archer third, as opposed to other priorities. I have not yet done this build, but I am about to make moves and wanted some input.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I like it! It's a fair point. I prefer beating down the mobs fast enough to move onto the next, making efficient gold just jumping to every lich lord spawn lol. I like to play magery more than dexxers as well.

halygon

Grandmaster
90 str - Your a bard. Why need a lot of hp besides the amount you can carry.

55 dex- Just enough swing speed for your bow, along with pots you can get 71 for a decent two minutes.

80 int- By far the best amount of mana to cast buffs/gates/recall/summons+ and not have to wait for eternity to go back up. Even with 100 med, the amount of int determines how fast it will go up.
As mentioned in another thread, swing speed works on multiples of 30. This means that 55dex is no better than 30. If you are doing the archery thing, push it up to 60 for best speed and most int.

Alternatively, you can shove it down to 40 and just rely upon an agility potion, but keep in mind that a clumsy spell on you can easily keep you from hitting that 60 dex swing speed.

Drake741

Novice
So I decided I am going 95 STR, 90 INT, 40 DEX, and Tactics with that build because tactics is slower to build up than Anatomy if I want to switch.

Now to get lots and lots of arrows... Any tips? I was thinking farming centaurs, rat archers, and Skara Brae Rangers. Those are all things, right?

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Lets see, go grab a bunch of slayer bows. See what mobs you like to farm such as liches,dragons,elementals,humanoid titans,lizardmen,ogres,etc. Find a library to mark your route and recall away to farm billion$$$$ lol maybe not so much but it's easy with a provo.

I went with 100/60/65

i figured I'll go
mage
medi
provo
music
archery
tactics
resist (already have it at 100)

90s/70d/65i

greater agility gets 90 dex for faster swing speed and enough mana for 8th circle spells like summon daemon

asics

Grandmaster
i run (as wrote on the wiki)

95 str-90dex-40 mana

110provo
100 music

100 tact
100 anatomy
100 archyer

80 magery
80 heal
40 medit

really strong and fun template for pvm and spawn, of course you can remove healing and put resist , but get magery(witrhittle medit too) is really a "reply" vs a lot of things!

check the wiki guys..

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Reviving this thread...because I need advice. I have the following:

100/100/25

100provo (will make it 110 later)
100 music
100 tact
100 anatomy
100 archer
100 hide
100 Healing

I use recall scrolls to move about.

What do you guys think?

thestand

Grandmaster
Reviving this thread...because I need advice. I have the following:

100/100/25

100provo (will make it 110 later)
100 music
100 tact
100 anatomy
100 archer
100 hide
100 Healing

I use recall scrolls to move about.

What do you guys think?
I'd drop hiding/healing and pick up reisit/60 magery, 40 med. 100 str, 70 dex, 55 int. Carry gate/invis/reveal/paralyze scrolls in your bag.

asics

Grandmaster
i prefer have magery if you really want hiding, magery > healng.. or wha about my templates too?

you can see it..some post before.. but on mine , i m looking to drop healing to get hiding so probably

95 str
50 dex
80 int

100 tactics
100 archery

100 magery
100 medit

110 provo
100 music

100 hiding

the work is:

you can hide, you have to heal you with pots or magic so needed highter medit, you can use magery to make vortex and while vortex attack you can and use archery to make extra damage.

if you like a more dexxer way

95 str
90 dex
40 mana

100 tactics
100 archery
100 anatomy

80 healing
80 magery
40 medit
110 provo \100 music

i like them both..i always usied the second..now i will try the first one

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Te thing about having magery is that healing is good off screen....magery is useless at GM (from my point of view) if i only use it for summons and heals.

Do you guys REALLY think magery > Healing?

Hiding is proving to be REALLY helpful against reds and monsters alike.

Snickle

Grandmaster
im use
tactic
archery
anat
healing
music
provo
50\50 magery resist(mb 100 magery or 100 peacemaking)

i think its most damage pvm template except tamer)

stat

You can drop anatomy to 80 without Losing much at all. Raise resist to 70. I actually have healing at 90 too so my resist are 80