Blacksmith BOD Farming Help

So, I have been farming tailor bods for the last month or so and know I want to start farming smith bods. I am just not sure what level smithing i should have on each character. I currently have 1 character with 115 smithing (which i get bods with) and I have 2 other tailors getting tailoring bods (thier skill is 84.9).

So my question is, like with tailoring is there a lower level skill for blacksmithing I could put on these 2 characters to still get the higher end BODS without having to go all the way to gm? Is it worth it to be lower than GM Smithing?

Thank you.

eppy

Grandmaster
The smith bods are a bit odd as you have noticed.
At the very minimum I would say 70 so that you can get the shadow bods, 85 to get gold.

The way it works is that you are rolled a color for the bod, and if you aren't high enough skill, it keeps re-rolling until it gets one you can do. So if you are after a certain color it would sort of make sense to not go above that needed skill. However, your chance at exceptionals is made much lower as is the quantity on the bods. In practice, the odds on the high end bods are so damn terrible that it is a crapshoot. You have something like a 0.2% chance of getting anything valorite. 2/1000...... i have been collecting 3 bods a day for months without getting any reward worth the effort.

The rewards just arent that useful unfortunately, with the exception of the powerscrolls. :(

Kaching

Master
I had 1 GM Tailor, 3x 85.0 and currently have 1 GM smithy... to be honest, i'm about to roll another smithy char to GM .. I think the rewards for the higher ores are worth it... I mean even just bronze hammers are worth 80-200k and quite useful to just use yourself... luck out and get a gold+ hammer and you'll be set. yes it's not going to happen right away... but meh, i'm in for atleast 2 GM+ :)