BODs and server down..

Was getting a bod right before the server went down. It pops up, I lose connection before clicking ok. My first colored large non-weapon bod in weeks and yeah, I didnt get it. Im not one to complain about the server going down, but this is like the third time this has happened to me in a couple months. Anyway that we can get it so that the timer doesnt reset before you click ok?

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
It sucks, but it happens. Would be exploitable if you could shut the client down when you got BODs you didn't want.

I understand that I guess. I just collect 12 to 16 shitty bods every day, and it seems like everytime I get a decent one, something fucks up. I'm ready to give up on BODs all together at this point.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Want a box of Kleenex? Welcome to inevitability, a bit like a thief who has just stolen something of value and gets guard wacked. Happens all the time but you don't see them blabbing like the world has just ended.

*wink*

Want a box of Kleenex? Welcome to inevitability, a bit like a thief who has just stolen something of value and gets guard wacked. Happens all the time but you don't see them blabbing like the world has just ended.

*wink*
No. Its nothing like a theif that has stolen something and got guardwhacked. Getting caught is part of the risk you take as a theif. Its the designed game mechanic. The server going down before you can finish the task you were doing is not part of the designed game mechanics... clueless much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
That is called inevitability, it happens and will always happens. It is not about being clueless, it is about explaining that things happen which obviously can not be controlled *sometimes*. Blabbing about it will not change the fact that you lost something, in fact you are creating bad press for the server in doing this, you have an issue? take it up with the relevant authorities without making the issue any worse than it was. Your self centered attitude shines bright little star...

That is called inevitability, it happens and will always happens. It is not about being clueless, it is about explaining that things happen which obviously can not be controlled *sometimes*. Blabbing about it will not change the fact that you lost something, in fact you are creating bad press for the server in doing this, you have an issue? take it up with the relevant authorities without making the issue any worse than it was. Your self centered attitude shines bright little star...
I thought about sending Shane a pm, but then I remembered he gets a million of them in a day and would probably not respond back. As far as bad press goes, does a fuck up not deserve bad press? I should just push it off to the side like I have a few times before? Take one for the team again? How many times do I need to take one for the team before I say something? Please enlighten me oh supreme being of the interweb

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I thought about sending Shane a pm, but then I remembered he gets a million of them in a day and would probably not respond back. As far as bad press goes, does a fuck up not deserve bad press? I should just push it off to the side like I have a few times before? Take one for the team again? How many times do I need to take one for the team before I say something? Please enlighten me oh supreme being of the interweb

Bad press will only lead to a decline in new people who happen across the server from some other source. I know from experience that actually sending a private message will get answered and Shane is shit hot when it comes to resolving something. It is not about being a supreme being as you rightfully referred to me as.. um.. wrongfully referred I mean, it is just about making sure that the server keeps healthy so we do not run around in a ghost town with just the NPC's to chat with. If you have a gripe and speak to staff about it and it resolved in a manner that seriously displeases you, then you have the right to make it public. As an unwise man once said, "Don't fuck it up for everyone else".

Bromista

Grandmaster
Bad Darkana!

Keep your chin up, you'll get good BOD's SOMEDAY.

That day may just take a few months to get here...lol. It's such a crapshoot but the few good BODs you get will make it all worthwhile. I've made several mils from BS BOD's alone. Granted, it has taken about a year to do so. But the juice will eventually be worth the squeeze.

Just had a guy hit me up yesterday for 250k-500k (depending on if he buys my Verite Hammer smalls for 125k/ea) worth of BOD's, mostly for deeds that yield +10 ASH's and a 115 BS PS. Those aren't even the good ones. The gold and the interest is out there.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Bad Darkana!

Keep your chin up, you'll get good BOD's SOMEDAY.

That day may just take a few months to get here...lol. It's such a crapshoot but the few good BODs you get will make it all worthwhile. I've made several mils from BS BOD's alone. Granted, it has taken about a year to do so. But the juice will eventually be worth the squeeze.

Just had a guy hit me up yesterday for 250k-500k (depending on if he buys my Verite Hammer smalls for 125k/ea) worth of BOD's, mostly for deeds that yield +10 ASH's and a 115 BS PS. Those aren't even the good ones. The gold and the interest is out there.

Can I have a free Peace-making power scroll +120 for free please..:(

Thx Bromista, and I know the BOD game is worth it in the end. I have done BODs in my early UO life. Tbh I sold a valorite chain lbod when I first got here (lucky as) for about 250k (reward was 60 +ASH.) But since then I got a gold (i think) small that I lost due to server down. A copper plate lbod I lost due to revert, and this morn a shadow ring lbod due to server down. I dunno if I have just been extremely unlucky with server down or what, but its really starting to drive me crazy.

And take it easy on Darkarna. He/She had some beef with me in another thread about him/her being rude to another (new) player. Which ironically, doesnt help the server either...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I see why it has gotten you down.

I got three NICE colored weapon LBODs before they prevented those from happening. Had they been fillable deeds I would have done very well on them. I pouted a little...lol.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Yeah I see why it has gotten you down.

I got three NICE colored weapon LBODs before they prevented those from happening. Had they been fillable deeds I would have done very well on them. I pouted a little...lol.
oh man, i still have the Verite Exceptional Weapon LBOD. Makes me giggle. To the original post - i feel your pain. ALso - get on the Active Smith Trading List!!! sounds like we can help you out!!

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/active-smith-traders-compiled-list.36707/

I will be putting one up in due time Jedi. I have colored smalls that I keep an eye on for selling. Sold two today actually. But I only have one large colored BOD right now and its only for a +10 ASH, not worth really searching for to me. Today was just a bad day for me, Ill get over it.