Bounty hunters and heads

amonseti

Grandmaster
I could care less what the random developer you know. The lead developer I himself said perma skill loss was a mistake.

It's clear to everyone this system has major flaws, and as such at the very least should of be released in such a broken state. I agree we have to start somewhere but this is a atomic bomb to my rather large population nof the shard.

Just as I would be unwise to ignore you, you are understand that I agree that changes do need to take place but our legitimate concerns from the first thread from Shane where met with silence and this update was pushed forward on a lot of flawed logic as been land clear to everyone over and over.

Furthermore I don't just pk, just as many players do I happen to do most activities. The majority of people would label me a trammie in fact. And I am being honest by the majority. I am far more sainter then sinner as you foolishing point the finger as claim things like the majority of reds are griefers.

Such phrases are not even romately true. Everyone agrees that $ has been the worse guild for the shard since its making yet they happen to be majority blue.

Also about the game design stuff, I get emails from HiRez and ZediMax currently for feedback but in the past I have alpha tested and had direct access for communication in games like Darkfall and DAOC where I was Yellowbeard on Andred. So you honestly again just assume I have a lack of knowledge where I really don't. Do I sound ******** to you? I mean do you want compare ACT scores what the fuck will stop you from comically trying to talk down to me?

I stopped reading after first paragraph. First because what you stated in your first paragraph actually had noting to do with what you asked .. You did not ask if I agreed with perma stat loss or anything to that effect .. so I will from this point on not take you seriuosly if you continue to try and manupulate what Ive said or stated ..
The PK game as it is now is NOT in any way shape of form what the developers had in mind Period , it got out of control like it is here now, early on thus the trammel faucet was required , and ever since MMO's have taken knowledge of that and there has not ever been another mmo as open as it was in the first year of UO ..
Ive said it a million times already RED is NOT a FACTION ,, RED IS A PENALTY , for doing a crime , it is supposed to be a negative that you dont want .. but here people treat it like a side how many times have we heard RED vs BLUE ,, thats not what its supposed to be thats not factions .
The PK's are way the fuck out of control and the reason they are now so upset is because the tables are being turned , opening them up to being PK targets and they dont like it one bit because its not EASY kills ..
Liosten im not going to go thru this again you and the rest of you dam well know what im talking about and are simply trying to justify your free meal ticket in some very creative ways ill give you that ..
But seriously dont you for one second stand there and try to tell me what you think the Devs had in mind , Because your totally wrong so wrong .

GimpCent

Grandmaster
I stopped reading after first paragraph. First because what you stated in your first paragraph actually had noting to do with what you asked .. You did not ask if I agreed with perma stat loss or anything to that effect .. so I will from this point on not take you seriuosly if you continue to try and manupulate what Ive said or stated ..
The PK game as it is now is NOT in any way shape of form what the developers had in mind Period , it got out of control like it is here now, early on thus the trammel faucet was required , and ever since MMO's have taken knowledge of that and there has not ever been another mmo as open as it was in the first year of UO ..
Ive said it a million times already RED is NOT a FACTION ,, RED IS A PENALTY , for doing a crime , it is supposed to be a negative that you dont want .. but here people treat it like a side how many times have we heard RED vs BLUE ,, thats not what its supposed to be thats not factions .
The PK's are way the fuck out of control and the reason they are now so upset is because the tables are being turned , opening them up to being PK targets and they dont like it one bit because its not EASY kills ..
Liosten im not going to go thru this again you and the rest of you dam well know what im talking about and are simply trying to justify your free meal ticket in some very creative ways ill give you that ..
But seriously dont you for one second stand there and try to tell me what you think the Devs had in mind , Because your totally wrong so wrong .

Add spaces you potato eating peasant and maybe read what i wrote so you arent just rambling

Ill edit once you are done

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
When I started here I only got pked once the whole time making my first character. In fact I have only been pk once ever at all on this server now to think about it and it was from my own guild. I was untagged afk on Moonglow when I was killed.

I leveled up my skills in Shame mostly. There is no bolas on this server and you can make a recall macro its not that serious. You honestly dont need it any easier yet you claim there are red griefers...

What is the worst thing that a red did to you I mean honestly I think you are being rather dramatic.....

@Adam @Shane @Mercedies

@Pandone @Thrifty McBeg @Bobby132 @steve-o @ @Belge @Darkarna @Mercedies @Akillah @amonseti @Kael @Karl Sagan @Smokey McCallum @Guybrush Threepwood @Earendur @Lavos @TriXa @tankian @aIck - Oh sorry, I got confused since tagging is seemingly becoming a common occurrence lately. What has happened to you @GimpCent ? You have seriously changed a lot from uoforever, I can't actually remember you being so passionate, (borderline obsessed), I mean, yes UOForever is having a few slight issues with different updates and whatnot but I really think it is time just to be a little more patient and see if things are delivered. All these complaints, staff bashing and internal conflict is doing NOTHING for the overall reputation of this server, motivation for staff here, and I will say, UOForever has a LOT more content than uoforever ever had, so instead of acting like a child who has just had their candy stolen from them, perhaps just WAIT for a little while and be patient.

The time to get the pitchforks and torches out is IF things slide back into how they have been for a while now, then obviously, there is no crime in adding more criticism and pouring out frustrations. To repeat myself again, let's just back off, provide relevant, valid criticism without pressing the red button to thread destruction.. please?

Chuck

Novice
IMO anything to promote pvp over zerging is great. Making it so you can't recall with a head is kind of silly. Why should the battle start when the red dies? How about just trying not to die on your pk? If you die and you're head get's chopped you lost, and you shouldn't get a second chance to save it... Be pro-active and a little more scared of dying. I hope this addition to the system will promote balance to the server, which I think was the intention. Most of the reds I've come across are only good at dropping pre-cast flamestrike scrolls, and don't know what to do when an even match starts to fight back. I miss the days of 1vs1. There used to be pride in being able to pvp solo. Now it seems like most people are afraid to roll alone. God forbid you die, or better yet, have to fight for your life.

I do agree with Hydro that stealth should break the tracking thought. That is the point of a stealth character, flying under the radar. If you can't do that then a chunk of the gameplay is missing.

Kilike

Grandmaster
As it is now they have to get the killing blow to double the loss or shame anyways.

Nothing new here.

Sent from my SM-G900P

How the fuck am I suggesting that in my text .. dude read b4 you post your drivel .. what a fuck nut ..
34242b496d2a2c4697ddcf77a69b9925.jpg
because, in realms where there are trammel. you must choose to pvp and you are safe if you do not. which,... is what your suggesting..
you just said in your post that the pvp should go down in factions and thats choosing to pvp which is not what uo is all about. this is an open pvp game and it should remain that way. not to be changed to the " i wish to duel" system found in world of warcraft. - where you choose when to pvp
ps stop posting kanye

amonseti

Grandmaster
because, in realms where there are trammel. you must choose to pvp and you are safe if you do not. which,... is what your suggesting..
you just said in your post that the pvp should go down in factions and thats choosing to pvp which is not what uo is all about. this is an open pvp game and it should remain that way. not to be changed to the " i wish to duel" system found in world of warcraft. - where you choose when to pvp
ps stop posting kanye

Still nothing you just stated did I say or elude too...

Factions you have no clue how they work do you .. you pick a side "Faction" and war against opposing factions .. Being Red is not a side being blue is not a side ..

What I do think is that every single character should be forced to pick a faction / allegence (Similar to the best PvP game of all time SWG pre cu) .. thats where the problem is..
But then again PvP..is not the issue here is it , there is plenty of "Consensual PvP" outlets avalible ..
No the Reds easy ticket has been made harder with slightly harsher penaltys , that I still think are way to lineant .. Being RED is a punishment why dont you PK's fucking get that .

UO was designed to have a law system where you could choose to break the law , but in doing so you would face harsh penaltys ..
Well the penaltys here are so lax that a community of reds has developed here thinking they have rights and shit .. umm no thats not how it was supposed to be .. if you make the crime pay time ..

amonseti

Grandmaster
ps stop posting kanye
And ...
images

GimpCent

Grandmaster
It wasn't designed with harsh penalties... The lead game designer even in fact said putting them in was a mistake.

The penalties were actually quite lose at Ultima Online North American peak so I don't understand why you keep repeating that the game was designed like that. I played in beta up to trammel. The game was never about harsh penalties for anything, when that was added we saw massive drops in player population and interactions.

A lot of what you say is just nonsense

GimpCent

Grandmaster
no he did not .. nice try ..

Ralph Koster did too and it is in his game design book.

He also is helping with Crowfall happens to be a pvp based game... With risk vs reward with worlds that allow forced pvp being the most rewarding.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Still nothing you just stated did I say or elude too...

Factions you have no clue how they work do you .. you pick a side "Faction" and war against opposing factions .. Being Red is not a side being blue is not a side ..

What I do think is that every single character should be forced to pick a faction / allegence (Similar to the best PvP game of all time SWG pre cu) .. thats where the problem is..
But then again PvP..is not the issue here is it , there is plenty of "Consensual PvP" outlets avalible ..
No the Reds easy ticket has been made harder with slightly harsher penaltys , that I still think are way to lineant .. Being RED is a punishment why dont you PK's fucking get that .

UO was designed to have a law system where you could choose to break the law , but in doing so you would face harsh penaltys ..
Well the penaltys here are so lax that a community of reds has developed here thinking they have rights and shit .. umm no thats not how it was supposed to be .. if you make the crime pay time ..
Ahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahaha. SWG was shit. Shut the fuck up

Sent from my SM-G900P

Kilike

Grandmaster
It wasn't designed with harsh penalties... The lead game designer even in fact said putting them in was a mistake.

The penalties were actually quite lose at Ultima Online North American peak so I don't understand why you keep repeating that the game was designed like that. I played in beta up to trammel. The game was never about harsh penalties for anything, when that was added we saw massive drops in player population and interactions.

A lot of what you say is just nonsense
No. They weren't. At least do some fucking research. Perma stat was in and way the hell worse during its peak. They've only within the last couple of years got rid of perma stat.

Also note that UOs peak was AFTER tram. So your point is useless anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900P