Buy taming SS now or wait?

Here's what I did make a macro that peaches nearest grey then 4-5 taming attempts with proper waiting time between. Also bring a young dragon or something with you to kill the tames unless someone wants the retames. Much faster. Just let the macro roll. Kill a mob or 2 or mine a vein etc let the macro run keep an eye on if u tame or something else happens flip over kill move to next tame. No afk involved.

Ps the cool down on taming is around 10 secs so to let the macro run a full round puts u at almost a min in between. Plenty of time to do other crap.

Henrik

Master
Thanks... is it possible to set the macro to do x number of attemps before moving to next creature?

I got a Young dragon last night to help me out with the Frost trolls and shit on dagger, but it got killed by a couple of trolls quite fast. I didn't know it was so weak :/ Well will tame two this time (I rename/release after each tame so I don't need the slots).

Yeah, one other thing... Is it any point in taming brown/black/polar bears, walruses and timber wolves (that are not retames) at 82, or is it just a waste of time? Seem to gain most of retamed grizzies and harts, bulls and white wolves as for now.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Nah skip all those and stick to harts/bulls.

What you really oughta do though is pick up peacemaking If you don't have it already (super easy to afk macro overnight) and tame hell cats, lava lizards, hell hounds, and imps in dungeons for the dungeon bonus.

Hounds and imps will take you from low 90s to GM in no time.

Henrik

Master
Nah skip all those and stick to harts/bulls.

What you really oughta do though is pick up peacemaking If you don't have it already (super easy to afk macro overnight) and tame hell cats, lava lizards, hell hounds, and imps in dungeons for the dungeon bonus.

Hounds and imps will take you from low 90s to GM in no time.

Yeah, I will probably come to the point when I dungeon tame... actually tried it out a few times the last days (I have GM peace), especially in delucia pass and hell cats but I found it not being very efficient because of the running around, nearly being killed by stuff and shit. But, I am probably just not doing it right...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah, I will probably come to the point when I dungeon tame... actually tried it out a few times the last days (I have GM peace), especially in delucia pass and hell cats but I found it not being very efficient because of the running around, nearly being killed by stuff and shit. But, I am probably just not doing it right...
Yeah, Del passage is amazing for taming. Just gotta get in there a little while til you figure out all the nooks and crannies to block LoS so you aren't waiting for peacemaking cooldowns to initiate tame attempts.

It's super annoying to be peacing multiple targets while atempting tames. Better off to lure and invis yourself to try to pull aggro one at a time than to sit there and fight it and eat fire breath over and over.

The small cats are spaced out just right to make it easy. Lizards too, for that matter.

You are at the perfect skill level for maximum gains off first tame small cats. Get started.

Do it now!!

I did horses till 75 then great harts and bulls to gm, Do you have the 4 spots for great harts and all the bull pens marked? I just recall to each spot, If you need the spots message me and I will make you a book. I never sat foot in a dungeon to gain taming and it was pretty steady.

Henrik

Master
FINALLY gmed taming and didn't use any skill scrolls at all! It took me 20 days with different amount of hours (some 1, some 5). I tried dungeon taming but didn't find it efficient so did 99.9% of the taming in the woods, bull stables and dagger island. :)

Agentodd

Journeyman
FINALLY gmed taming and didn't use any skill scrolls at all! It took me 20 days with different amount of hours (some 1, some 5). I tried dungeon taming but didn't find it efficient so did 99.9% of the taming in the woods, bull stables and dagger island. :)

Hey nice.... now you betta save for the 105 scroll :p