Cartography and remove trap

lollo

Grandmaster
Alright, now just about anyone can do t-maps. The fact that you only need like 70 cartography to be able to decode any map is stupid.
And it's even more stupid that someone with 0 remove trap can remove all traps with telekinesis.

This will get a lot of hate but whatever:

Require 90 carto 90 rt and 95 lp for level 5 maps

Require gm gm gm for level 6

This way only people with truly specialized builds can do top tier maps.

Also add a 50% chance at a random ss or a 5% chance at a rare item on lvl 6

Discuss

lollo

Grandmaster
Nobody gives 2 shits about t hunting or is everyone a cheap lazy bastard that doesn't want to spend time macroing/skill points on their t hunter?

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
How does this make anything better or more fun? Making them impossible to solo will just make people bring alts.

Like read your own follow up - so the idea is that every hunter should spend a couple nights macroing while they sleep? What fun!

I'm actually sort of starting to miss the crazy Halloween spawns :)

lollo

Grandmaster
How does this make anything better or more fun? Making them impossible to solo will just make people bring alts.

Like read your own follow up - so the idea is that every hunter should spend a couple nights macroing while they sleep? What fun!

I'm actually sort of starting to miss the crazy Halloween spawns :)

yeah and every tamer has to spend a couple weeks taming, why does this seem to strange to you?

T-hunting is VERY profitable, people should be taking the time to GM 3 skills to do lvl 6 maps. Right now everyone can create a char with 90 lp (takes what, 4 hours?, 70 carto (30 minutes), 80 hiding (2 hours and zero resources), 60 magery (start with 50 and cast lvl4 spells for 10 minutes) and do t-maps up to lvl 5?

Remove trap is almost totally unused, i'm fine with telekinesis removing traps up to lvl 4, but a t hunter should be required to have that skill for top tier maps.

PC Loadletter

Journeyman
It is not that profitable and requires a fair bit of attention and skill. Look at the other thread on fishing vs mapping. Maps have been falling in price lately because paragons and Halloween spirits make them harder/take longer for the same reward. I would love to see you run level 5s with that char.

What does your proposal add? Does it make the game more fun? No. Is it needed as a check on the economy? Judging from falling map prices, I'd say people aren't falling over themselves to run them. Would it be nice if all skills were useful? Maybe?

lollo

Grandmaster
The thing is with multi account anyone who already has a bard or tamer can start going lvl 5 maps in the Matter of 6-7 hours. Of course you cannot do high level maps with 60 magery as your only offensive/defensive Skill, but as a "mule" t hunter just to decode, dig and open it's good enough