Champ builds

Kith kannen

Master
I know everyone here tends to be tight lipped about most information regarding making money etc on the shard...but if anyone would care to share what they built for champs that seems to work I would be most appreciative...I've fooled around with a few builds but I can't find one yet the can even get me on the first page.

Bromista

Grandmaster
For the health of the shard, personally I enjoy giving advice and helping others make money to establish themselves.

Your best bet: dexxers. Not archers, dexers. Staff broke down "point" distribution at champs and it goes basically as follows:

Tamers/bards get 75% dmg "points" for their pets and provos. Summons also net 75%.

Archers get 90%.

Mages get 100% points for casting spells (I think?)

Dexers (macing, swords, fencing) get TWO HUNDRED PERCENT.

That's why you see flube (Biggy Bigs) show up 3/4 the way through a champ and pull a scroll EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Give it a whirl sometime with a slayer equipped dexer.

Personally my favorite toy lately has been my archer tamer. He doesn't have vet (vet is reserved for my provo tamer) so I have the extra 100 skill points freed up for anatomy for maximum damage output.

Kith kannen

Master
For the health of the shard, personally I enjoy giving advice and helping others make money to establish themselves.

Your best bet: dexxers. Not archers, dexers. Staff broke down "point" distribution at champs and it goes basically as follows:

Tamers/bards get 75% dmg "points" for their pets and provos. Summons also net 75%.

Archers get 90%.

Mages get 100% points for casting spells (I think?)

Dexers (macing, swords, fencing) get TWO HUNDRED PERCENT.

That's why you see flube (Biggy Bigs) show up 3/4 the way through a champ and pull a scroll EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Give it a whirl sometime with a slayer equipped dexer.

Personally my favorite toy lately has been my archer tamer. He doesn't have vet (vet is reserved for my provo tamer) so I have the extra 100 skill points freed up for anatomy for maximum damage output.
thanks for this...I haven't had much luck with my Mage I can see why now :) maybe I'll break out my Mage/tamer and give it a shot and see if I can get a little higher on the list . probably be a little cheaper going through bandages than casting evs etc.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Dexers all the way,

my dexer build for champs is.

100 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
80 magery
80 Resist
80 hiding
80 stealth

this requires you to 120 a skill before making it, I recommend peacemaking, Hiding and stealth come in handy if the champ gets raided, just stealth back in and stay close enough to get your PS, it also helps with getting out of a spawn after.

Dexers all the way,

100 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
80 magery
80 Resist
80 hiding
80 stealth

this requires you to 120 a skill before making it, I recommend peacemaking, Hiding and stealth come in handy if the champ gets raided, just stealth back in and stay close enough to get your PS, it also helps with getting out of a spawn after.
Just curious, by why magery over say LJ? I am building a LJ who has pretty much the same template besides magery, but Im having a hard time figuring out where I want to go with it. Was originally going to be my red, but my new guild doesn't allow reds.

Kith kannen

Master
Dexers all the way,

100 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
80 magery
80 Resist
80 hiding
80 stealth

Thanks Mess I really really wish dexxers weren't the way to go I honestly don't like the play style but if my Tamer won't cut it I guess I might have to bite the bullet and build another character...or I guess I could put my Mage in factions and duke it out every champ ;).

Messremb

Grandmaster
Just curious, by why magery over say LJ? I am building a LJ who has pretty much the same template besides magery, but Im having a hard time figuring out where I want to go with it. Was originally going to be my red, but my new guild doesn't allow reds.

There is just no skill that comes close to being as useful as magery. the main reasons are,
Invis spell, if you have to run in to MOBs you are unlikely to get a hide off but precast invis and your golden.
Cure spell, when fighting MOBs that deadly and leathal poison there is no time to wait for Band-Aids.
Heal and greater heal, need I say more?
Incog, for coon (I use Scrolls)
teleport, if you get trapped

all that for 80 skill points.

Amplify

Expert
There is just no skill that comes close to being as useful as magery. the main reasons are,
Invis spell, if you have to run in to MOBs you are unlikely to get a hide off but precast invis and your golden.
Cure spell, when fighting MOBs that deadly and leathal poison there is no time to wait for Band-Aids.
Heal and greater heal, need I say more?
Incog, for coon (I use Scrolls)
teleport, if you get trapped

all that for 80 skill points.

What kind of armor are you running around with in a build like that?

Can you really cure leathel poison with 80 magery? I fail quite a bit at gm magery still. Also besides incog and invis I dont see anything that cant be done with pots. The LJ bonus is worth it for the massive damage to me. Maybe Ill just drop the hide/stealth and go full on tank mage since the stealth only seems to be for getting away

Messremb

Grandmaster
Can you really cure leathel poison with 80 magery? I fail quite a bit at gm magery still. Also besides incog and invis I dont see anything that cant be done with pots. The LJ bonus is worth it for the massive damage to me. Maybe Ill just drop the hide/stealth and go full on tank mage since the stealth only seems to be for getting away

Yes I can cure lethal, and as far as I know g cure pots have like 10% chance to cure lethal.

You will ruin out of cure and heal pots faster than you are thinking. I go through half a keg of each at most spawns. while using Magery. as a dexer getting back in the fight quickly is more important than a small damage boost.

If I get in even one hit in the time it takes you to heal up I well have nullified your extra damage.

I tried a LJ at first but found I did more damage with one handed weapons.

Also I run a full invuln suit and slayer weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for the info. I've always ran a provo mage at champs. In fact, I rarely ever ran dexers at all, so it's all kind of new to me. I know, sad for a 15 year old game.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
TBH - I like my provo Tamer at Champs. I usually walk away with a scroll when i'm there. I'd say about 75% of the champs i've attended i've gotten a scroll.

The risk i run is i'm on foot, means i am easy pickens for thieves. i've lost 2 good scrolls to thieves.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Yea I believe a Provo/archer/mage is one of the best builds for Champs. I've managed to get two PS the last two runs. Make sure you have either 100/60/65 or 100/30/95 in order to cast EV's All day long while shooting away with a slayer. You have both the dexxer build and tanking mage power of summons llike Eneergy Vortex or Deamons. Damage does not seem to really factor in whether or not you get a PS, I walked into spawns and fired a few shots at the boss and got a PS lol.

iceman2kx

Novice
Archer/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Provo/Music/Hiding OR Magery. I prefer hiding because I can go afk for a sec or bail out and stay on the down low if shit goes down hill. This skill is priceless IMO.. but magery is an acceptable substitute as well. Just make sure you set your stats right so you can summon daemon.

You can use this template for champ spawns or solo farming. You sit back and do loads of damage and hardly take any. With melee dexxer.. bleh too complicated for farming. Just prepare to be a walking keg if you use a melee dexxer for champ spawns.