Champions

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Thank you @Kilike for not making me have to repeat myself over and over. I agree with you 100%.

@Dig'em I definitely understand your perspective. You've spent an hour(s) working this annoying champ spawn. It's fourth level, some people are dying, hard spawn everywhere. Next thing you know the champ is up, but no where to be found so you frantically run around looking for it, but by the time you find it, the gold shower is already over. Or worse yet, it gets lured too far out of range for you to still get a powerscroll.

Let me paint a picture for you of champs everywhere else but UOF:

4th level, champ is about to pop. You're clearing spawn around the alter and all of a sudden 7 reds come in. They kill you and your entire guild. Champ pops, they kill it and get every single scroll (powerscroll chance based off champ damage only). OR They dont even kill all of your guild, but enough to seize control of the champ and move it where they can set up a defense for it and do all the damage to again get all the scrolls. This can be done with a very small team against a much larger force if tactics and skill are higher.

On this server there is no skill or tactics required for champ spawns. It's just chance and whoever pvms the hardest. Absolutely not the intention of champ spawns or they wouldnt have put them in fel and titled the change adding them in saying "New features to improve pvp experience"
I have only ever played this server so I don't understand the way people did it beforehand, I like the way It's set up here where the people doing the champ actually get the best chance, and I think it's great people can enter at the end and take it if you can't defend yourselves, I just wish it had to be done in the actual zone the champ is done in, if the rest of the shard is against this I understand.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I have only ever played this server so I don't understand the way people did it beforehand, I like the way It's set up here where the people doing the champ actually get the best chance, and I think it's great people can enter at the end and take it if you can't defend yourselves, I just wish it had to be done in the actual zone the champ is done in, if the rest of the shard is against this I understand.
But if you're working the spawn, and spawn the boss, why wouldn't you take it to a choke point?

I know Lore couldn't grasp that concept. Not sure if Werkt have since or not. Honestly though I don't see why you wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Dig'em

Grandmaster
But if you're working the spawn, and spawn the boss, why wouldn't you take it to a choke point?

I know Lore couldn't grasp that concept. Not sure if Werkt have since or not. Honestly though I don't see why you wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900P
There are many other factors involved, other blue guilds, champs changing target, people dying to spawn, mostly the best option seems to be killing the champion in the area you have cleared while doing the spawn

Kilike

Grandmaster
There are many other factors involved, other blue guilds, champs changing target, people dying to spawn, mostly the best option seems to be killing the champion in the area you have cleared while doing the spawn
It might seem that way, but that's only because you've only ever seen people do spawns the wrong way.

Let's look at coon as an example. A group doing it right will start meeting up at the alter at early/midway through the last phase. Sending just enough out to keep it flowing. Once coon pops, as a group you can lure him somewhere safe, (To many places to list) and kill him there once fields are up. Or what's typically done for Coon is with one red skull left you have people designated to be fielders. These people will keep energy fields on the two bridges the entire duration. Your exit path being either the starroom as a group, or having 1 person scout it and another leave with the loot. Allowing your group to either hold off invaders or prep for the next coon. (Which can't be done here, because for some stupid reason, they have cooldown timers) Can also have someone stealth loot out etc. Different variables on getting loot out.

On every server I've ever played except here, that's how it's done. Loot is generally rolled on, loot council or if it drops to your pack you can keep it. Again that varies from guild to guild. Another big problem is shortly after champ spawns were put into the game, recalling in and out of dungeons was removed. Yet we kept that too. Which only makes defending that much harder here and should encourage people to pull it to a proper choke point even more.

To sum it up. Spawns here are shit and missing huge mechanics that made them the goto pvp spots when they were introduced till well all the pvpers quit the game. (Apparently osi fel is a ghost town these days).
Sent from my SM-G900P

It might seem that way, but that's only because you've only ever seen people do spawns the wrong way.

Let's look at coon as an example. A group doing it right will start meeting up at the alter at early/midway through the last phase. Sending just enough out to keep it flowing. Once coon pops, as a group you can lure him somewhere safe, (To many places to list) and kill him there once fields are up. Or what's typically done for Coon is with one red skull left you have people designated to be fielders. These people will keep energy fields on the two bridges the entire duration. Your exit path being either the starroom as a group, or having 1 person scout it and another leave with the loot. Allowing your group to either hold off invaders or prep for the next coon. (Which can't be done here, because for some stupid reason, they have cooldown timers) Can also have someone stealth loot out etc. Different variables on getting loot out.

On every server I've ever played except here, that's how it's done. Loot is generally rolled on, loot council or if it drops to your pack you can keep it. Again that varies from guild to guild. Another big problem is shortly after champ spawns were put into the game, recalling in and out of dungeons was removed. Yet we kept that too. Which only makes defending that much harder here and should encourage people to pull it to a proper choke point even more.

To sum it up. Spawns here are shit and missing huge mechanics that made them the goto pvp spots when they were introduced till well all the pvpers quit the game. (Apparently osi fel is a ghost town these days).
Sent from my SM-G900P
exactly

So let me get this straight. It's trammy to ask that a prepared scripted zerg stays in the area where the boss normally spawns that took them only 4 minutes to take over... Against a group of pvmers... Because your scared that you might die or lose what took you very little effort to do... sounds good.

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's a bad argument to tell blues to lure the champ to a choke point to defend it. I mean that's an option in a flawed system but it's not an actual solution to the inconsistency of champ spawn mechanics.

It's about as effective as telling douchebags to time their raids on rubber-banding champs better. It's a wonderful suggestion for the current state of things but the current state of things clearly needs adjusted in one way or the other.

@Shane not going to chime in on this? You personally made changes to make certain bosses rubber-band back to the altar. Not all champs behave this way. What exactly was the plan here?

If you want them to be inconsistent and be left alone could we at least get confirmation so this thread can die?

So let me get this straight. It's trammy to ask that a prepared scripted zerg stays in the area where the boss normally spawns that took them only 4 minutes to take over... Against a group of pvmers... Because your scared that you might die or lose what took you very little effort to do... sounds good.
Little effort? I promise it takes way more effort to steal a champ than to do one. Dont confuse effort with time.

As for the champs not rubberbanding, 18 years it has been done this way.

Champs are end game. You should expect to be raided and to have to fight. They have already changed them on here so you can recall in and out of champ areas, and the champ score make them way trammy and too easy for newer players to successfully participate with no skill required. If you think thats a good thing than fair enough. I however do not. Every other server champs are a pvp thing.Only here is it so cream puff which makes constant cries for making them easier not surprising just perhaps uneducated or misguided.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I don't donate enough, but I still get responses from GM's.. All about showing a little leg man, maybe swoon a little and flicking your hair to your left.. Fluttering your eyes helps also...

However, showing to much .. back-side, just makes you perverted.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Whose saying it's trammy? It's not trammy, it's stupid and lazy on your part. Honestly I'm sick of hearing people argue that they shouldn't have to defend their spawns. You're losing your spawn in 4mins because your leaders are trash, or your group fails to listen.
It's a bad argument to tell blues to lure the champ to a choke point to defend it. I mean that's an option in a flawed system but it's not an actual solution to the inconsistency of champ spawn mechanics.

It's about as effective as telling douchebags to time their raids on rubber-banding champs better. It's a wonderful suggestion for the current state of things but the current state of things clearly needs adjusted in one way or the other.

@Shane not going to chime in on this? You personally made changes to make certain bosses rubber-band back to the altar. Not all champs behave this way. What exactly was the plan here?

If you want them to be inconsistent and be left alone could we at least get confirmation so this thread can die?
It's a bad argument to tell blues they should start doing spawns properly? You're not another one of those only played this server people are you? You've obviously never done spawns seriously anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Whose saying it's trammy? It's not trammy, it's stupid and lazy on your part. Honestly I'm sick of hearing people argue that they shouldn't have to defend their spawns. You're losing your spawn in 4mins because your leaders are trash, or your group fails to listen.

It's a bad argument to tell blues they should start doing spawns properly? You're not another one of those only played this server people are you? You've obviously never done spawns seriously anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I never said that. Of course you should have to defend your champ. What's the risk of you did not have to worry about reds. That was never the argument in the first place.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I did spawns on OSI (Chesapeake) about 12 years ago.

Luring was not an issue. Successful raids happened. PKs had balls and didn't cry.

Times were much different. Much, much different.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
The line between pvp and pvm is what the real issue is. We co exist on this server. Some enjoy pvp some dabble in it some want nothing of it .