Change to tracking (read fully please)

A Fish

Neophyte
Tracking as it is right now is not properly balanced for finding characters that are hidden, I propose a change to tracking that would bring use to another skill detect hidden and balance tracking properly.

I was recently killed in a dungeon stealthing around, which is not an issue. The issue is someone with minimal skill in tracking has the ability to find me while hidden and continue to follow me as I stealth around. Someone with stealth has to dedicate 200 skill points and not be mounted, which is not balanced inline with the skill points required to track.

I propose that tracking by itself can only find the last spot you were able to be seen (no change to tracking right now for hiders and invers). To continue tracking a player stealthing you would need skill in detect hidden. The amount of skill in your detect hidden would determine how well you track that person. Then goal is that someone with GM tracking and GM detect hidden would be able to track a GM stealthed / GM hiding character they way they can right now.

If anyone posts a reply to this thread please provide input of why this would not be a valid change. Not providing any reasoning behind your response is not constructive and is a waste of everyone's time.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Tracking just got a major overhaul.

It is not so common for players with 0 tracking to be able to successfully track you anymore.

Having tracking skill now gives a huge advantage over not having tracking.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Detect hidden should have a passive aspect. At gm you should be able to see hidden characters. :)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
1) it's not possible to have 0 tracking because of stat2skill bonuses
2) latest testing numbers have indicated that tracking % chance of success is directly related to level of tracking skill
3) you now need GM tracking and GM detect to neutralize GM hiding and GM stealth (realistically speaking)
4) -1 Wrexx