Changing it up

Weland

Grandmaster
So @AssHat and I were talking one day about changing things up with our tamers. I decided to try something this weekend and I have to admit I'm finding it rather fun and challenging for me. I'm used to just preping provo and opening a day door and having my pets destroy whatever was in the room while they were fighting each other.

Now I rush into a room I have to get my pets to acquire aggro by either casting invis on myself or moving around and getting my pets to get the aggro then I pound them with arrows. A lot more interactive for me which makes it more entertaining and less of a snore fest when grinding out gold.

That being said with my current skill configuration I'm looking to you the community for honest and if possible trollless theory crafting. I can only have Archery and +1 skill either Tactics/Anatomy. I have no desire to pvp with this guy so I run when I see red. I have other toons for pvp. That being said which do you think would be the better support for archery and why.

Here are my current thoughts on the two:

Tactics = more hits and more dmg
Anatomy= from understanding less fizzles when I get hit (running from reds) and more dmg when an arrow connects

Or should I do a 60/40 or 50/50 split and why.

Thank you for your input and my main 5 skills for reference are:

Taming, Lore, Magery, Med and vet.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
my tamer is archer/tactics with a good slayer bow i still get some decent archer dmg esp usefull for harry tents

Last edited by a moderator:

AssHat

Grandmaster
115tame
115 lore
100 magery
90 vet
100 tact
100 arch
80 med
20 anat

720 total

was thinking something like this.... not sure if i woul even want 20 anat? its just a start to think about a super high damage tamer pvm character instead of peace/provo/disco...

can you vet thru archery?

AssHat

Grandmaster
rezing a pet? i would only keep that high because im sure the health that it heals is for more... i could be wrong..

Weland

Grandmaster
Well correct me if I'm wrong but GM vet means your GHeals heal for a hell of alot more from magery.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Well correct me if I'm wrong but GM vet means your GHeals heal for a hell of alot more from magery.

even if this was true, the point of archery is to put massive damage output to make healing useless, where almost 100% of the time, your pet(s) and you with archery should be able to take down almost any mob besides a few paragons with almost no healing done...

this is my hope when taking off a high end skill like provo/peace/disco

Fattson

Grandmaster
What's the purpose of the 115 tame and lore. What are you guys farming with? If just a reg drag and ww, then go 105/105

AssHat

Grandmaster
What's the purpose of the 115 tame and lore. What are you guys farming with? If just a reg drag and ww, then go 105/105

2 metas stage 6/6

** not making a new character, also not dropping taming, going to drop provo/music on my current tamer

Strom

Novice
115 tame
115 lore
60 magery
110 vet
100 tact
100 arch
100 anat

you dont need magery. your pets are probably bonded and your not for the pvp

Last edited by a moderator:

AssHat

Grandmaster
115 tame
115 lore
60 magery
110 vet
100 tact
100 arch
100 anat

you dont need magery. your pets are probably bonded and your not for the pvp

this is similar to my other template i thought about, but first you cant have 110 vet only 100.

can you vet thru archery? like while standing still firing can you still vet? with no interruption?

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
115 Taming/Lore
90 Vet
100 Magery
100 Archery (roll with Slayer bows)
100 Tacs
100 Meditation

You could get away without having Anatomy I believe.

AssHat

Grandmaster
115 Taming/Lore
90 Vet
100 Magery
100 Archery (roll with Slayer bows)
100 Tacs
100 Meditation

You could get away without having Anatomy I believe.
pretty much what i was thinking, just wanna find out if anatomy plays that large of a part and is not needed