Changing the price of bindings of devotion.

cups

Grandmaster
Bindings of devotion. What a handy item. They are an item you feed you your meta pets that will increase their length of "wild" loyalty from 8 hours to 24 hours. It costs 10k dono, a bit steep, but the value is well worth it. Unfortunately, I don't think most people recognize the value of 24 hours of security so the item is often times overlooked and not purchased. Sadly, the results for this hurt.

I won't go on my usual anti-pet stealing rant that I normally go on. A maxed level 7 meta with all the relics is gosh countless hours and valued at 20m gold.. typically a user will spend more than that on their pet of they start from the beginning. It's a lot to lose with one mistake.. one bad day, or one day where it slips your mind.. you forget to stable and you go to bed and wake up and go to work the next day... by the time you get home from work its 18-20 hours later since you last played. In my experience most people that lose these level 7 metas lose them because they didn't realize they had been taken. They had pet balls with charges.. they could have rescued their pet.. but for a simple slip of the mind or a simple distraction they forget to stable and their pet is taken. And they lose it. A HUGE loss. Now I know the typical response is, "but this is UO..." sure, it is UO, but at it's conception nobody could lose a 25m 500+ hour pet because of one simple mistake. You can't lose talismans, right?

So my suggestion is this: we cut the price of bindings of devotion in half. instead of 10k dono we charge 5k dono. I think that more dono will be spent overall on bindings of devotion if the price is 5k versus 10k. I would guess at 5k more than twice as many people would put that protection on their pets. I really think its something that should be considered because I love this game, I love what UOF has done with this game, but 20 years later the community is fighting an uphill battle. we need to preserve population and nothing will kill a person's desire to play if they get home from work one day and realize they lost their pet they've spent millions on and building for the past nine months. Lets increase the availability on pet security. Cut the price in half.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Is bindings a 1 time purchase? Once you have it you always get 24 hours?? If so I think it's probably more that people just don't understand or know the item exists.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Is bindings a 1 time purchase? Once you have it you always get 24 hours?? If so I think it's probably more that people just don't understand or know the item exists.
It is bound to the pet. That pet will always have 24 hours of loyalty no matter who the owner is. If it is a meta you can see if it has the bindings applied to it when there is an infinity symbol in the top left corner of the meta stone gump.

unknown.png

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
so it's a one time buy? to be honest - the price doesn't bother me - I think it's probably more about knowledge...

Young Star

Grandmaster
so it's a one time buy? to be honest - the price doesn't bother me - I think it's probably more about knowledge...
Yes. One chain for one pet. I bought three for my three meta pets. Dragon, steed, and spider. 1.6m insurance policy for a 20-50m pet.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Bindings of devotion. What a handy item. They are an item you feed you your meta pets that will increase their length of "wild" loyalty from 8 hours to 24 hours. It costs 10k dono, a bit steep, but the value is well worth it. Unfortunately, I don't think most people recognize the value of 24 hours of security so the item is often times overlooked and not purchased. Sadly, the results for this hurt.

I won't go on my usual anti-pet stealing rant that I normally go on. A maxed level 7 meta with all the relics is gosh countless hours and valued at 20m gold.. typically a user will spend more than that on their pet of they start from the beginning. It's a lot to lose with one mistake.. one bad day, or one day where it slips your mind.. you forget to stable and you go to bed and wake up and go to work the next day... by the time you get home from work its 18-20 hours later since you last played. In my experience most people that lose these level 7 metas lose them because they didn't realize they had been taken. They had pet balls with charges.. they could have rescued their pet.. but for a simple slip of the mind or a simple distraction they forget to stable and their pet is taken. And they lose it. A HUGE loss. Now I know the typical response is, "but this is UO..." sure, it is UO, but at it's conception nobody could lose a 25m 500+ hour pet because of one simple mistake. You can't lose talismans, right?

So my suggestion is this: we cut the price of bindings of devotion in half. instead of 10k dono we charge 5k dono. I think that more dono will be spent overall on bindings of devotion if the price is 5k versus 10k. I would guess at 5k more than twice as many people would put that protection on their pets. I really think its something that should be considered because I love this game, I love what UOF has done with this game, but 20 years later the community is fighting an uphill battle. we need to preserve population and nothing will kill a person's desire to play if they get home from work one day and realize they lost their pet they've spent millions on and building for the past nine months. Lets increase the availability on pet security. Cut the price in half.

Honestly... if you fuck up (power outage etc.) and forget your pet for 8 hours chances are you'll not remember or be back inside the 24 to save it.

I've never purchased this item, to me it has no added value. @Shane Now... if the item auto stabled my pet because it sat idle for to long... I'd have one of these for every pet I own.

kolbycrouch

Master
Don't feel bad. I wasted 10+ mil on a META talisman char that I hate using.

And it wasn't one bad day that ruined it for me, it's my inability to trade it.