Character freezing/hitting wall

_mag

Neophyte
The last couple of days I have started experiencing something strange when moving around on my characters. Every once in awhile my character will seemingly hit a wall and stop for a second. Its not like any lag I've ever experienced in UO, and at first I thought i was just bumping into hidden players. I don't know if it has anything to do with the recent anti speedhack measures, but it only just started Sunday as far as I can tell. I don't ping great, but my latency isn't terrible and I don't lose any packets, so I feel like it might be something server side.

A brief ping of the server yielded these results, all while running around and experience this stop and go type event.

Ping statistics for 192.65.242.98:
Packets: Sent = 46, Received = 46, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 127ms, Maximum = 253ms, Average = 156ms

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ive had the same troubles, as well. I was wondering if all the freezing is because the server itself is cold because it's winter time. Maybe a little water is dripping on it because of a leaky roof causing some kind of ripple effect?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I had noticed it before, but not in a long, long while. Since yesterday's events, though, I've seen it a lot more.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've had it occasionally to and I ping an average of 15ms.

It feels like server lag. It could definately be caused by the recent update on dec 22 as they extended the save time, which not only saves but performs cleanup acts on the shard. The devs may need to adjust the save time again to find that optimal setting.

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
I get that "hitting wall" lagspike all the time these days and in conjunction with my average ping 280+ makes the game really annoying at times.. I understand that the server is in texas and i am from europe but ive played in other US hosted shards before and i had much better ping. I think that the best/most populated uo shard should have a better server. Also am pretty sure that more than half of shard pop are non-americans so these ppl should be considered too.

The Dude

Neophyte
Yep same here im from Australia so my lags pretty bad but this 'rubber banding' has been happening to me severly lately and it only has been happening around about a week tops.
I was thinking the same thing that it was server side lag as ive also played alot of different UO servers n havnt experienced anything of its kind,
I agree aswell because i get much better pings on other US servers too but unfortunately this ones seems to be getting worse for international players and it will drive them away which scaring off up to 50%+ of ur players base isnt good n i dont want it to happen cause i like this shard :(