'check availability' of names at character creation

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
It would be great if this could be added somehow. I know a few times so far the name I want has been taken, so I pick another one and then get tired of it quickly so just let the week go by to delete the char before I put time into him. We have limited character slots and must wait 7 days to delete so I think this would be helpful.

Or at least, once you're in the game and it's prompting you to enter a new name (cause yours was taken) have a separate gump that says "This name is available, confirm?" or something instead of just sealing the deal with no looking back.

Yagyu

Adept
What they should do is add a thing where after a year inactive or whatever number, the person will lose right to a name. It is no fun to not get the name you wanted because someone created that name once. For example, if I didnt play for a year, and someone took my name...I would log in and see a prompt to rename like when you start a new character.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
For what it's worth I do know for sure that when you delete a character, that name becomes available again

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
It would be great if this could be added somehow. I know a few times so far the name I want has been taken, so I pick another one and then get tired of it quickly so just let the week go by to delete the char before I put time into him. We have limited character slots and must wait 7 days to delete so I think this would be helpful.

Or at least, once you're in the game and it's prompting you to enter a new name (cause yours was taken) have a separate gump that says "This name is available, confirm?" or something instead of just sealing the deal with no looking back.
So you get to rename and you want a confirm of the name that you just chose so that you can do what exactly? Decide nevermind and put a different name in? Pick the name you want before hitting okay maybe... Or you really want then to spend time programming a gump for something so trivial?

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388