Clarification purposes on the 3 accounts per IP rule.

Do you think "punishing" your child with UO mining was too extreme?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aobuk

Novice
Hello everyone!

I guess Ill start with a little introduction, I'm Aobuk and I'm fairly new to the server. I have however, been playing UO on and off since my parents used to "punish" me for my real life mistakes by "forcing" me to mine for them instead of playing outside with my friends when I was 6. This continued to occur until they realized that I was intentionally getting in trouble to mine, when they decided to get me my own account.

I am now 24 years old, and have a family of my own, which has produced a problem! I REALLY enjoy playing here on UOF, but this 3 account rule has me wary. As of a couple weeks ago, my little brother and his girlfriend live with me. They would like to play, and I THINK I may have convinced my wife to play too! (Shes more of a girly girl mostly interested in makeup and dresses, so this is a REALLY big step for her! Proof that my re-training has been effective.)

Here's my problem, I have two accounts already, and I need at least three more. I could give up one of my accounts, but my toons are currently holding a bunch of my extra stuff that I've found while I'm farming for a house to store everything So I cant delete them yet. Even if I did, I would still need at least one more. Next problem is that each account has only three character slots, So what happens when everyone makes the typical Non-Magic user, Magic user, and wildcard toon, Were stuck with that....

So basically in conclusion, I'm asking for permission to make extra accounts, but cant find a place to ask the question to an admin directly. Secondary question, does the IP apply to individual devices, or my router's IP?I read the rules, and would like to not be banned for having family Nostalgia time. Thank you for taking time outta your day to read this!!!

Aobuk

amonseti

Grandmaster
yeah we have heard all these excuses before ... this statment is a dime a dozen ..
3 Accounts thats it thats all .. and for good reason ..
If it were anymore id have accounts for both my dogs, my fish and the neigbor on the 5th floor of a 4 story complex.
id love to own my own town of house plots too ... or pk away with no worrys on stat loss because I have an Army of backups ..

and at least try to be more creative on the why i must have more then 3 accounts rule .. this is nearly carbon copy of all the other rants we have seen .

Sommerella

Master
yeah we have heard all these excuses before ... this statment is a dime a dozen ..
3 Accounts thats it thats all .. and for good reason ..
If it were anymore id have accounts for both my dogs, my fish and the neigbor on the 5th floor of a 4 story complex.
id love to own my own town of house plots too ... or pk away with no worrys on stat loss because I have an Army of backups ..

and at least try to be more creative on the why i must have more then 3 accounts rule .. this is nearly carbon copy of all the other rants we have seen .
Why you gotta come off like such a dick?

Lol. Jeez.

thestand

Grandmaster
Next problem is that each account has only three character slots, So what happens when everyone makes the typical Non-Magic user, Magic user, and wildcard toon, Were stuck with that....
You can buy character slots for 1 million gold. You can have up to 5 characters per account. Refer back to amonseti's post for the rest of your questions.

Mango

Grandmaster
Sadly, the admins have no way of knowing if someone has a large family with multiple people wanting to play, or if someone's making an excuse to get access to extra accounts for themselves. However, 3 accounts i feel is very generous, and a good limit. Any more than that, and i'd be nearing 20 BOD runners

Cack

Grandmaster
Hello everyone!

I guess Ill start with a little introduction, I'm Aobuk and I'm fairly new to the server. I have however, been playing UO on and off since my parents used to "punish" me for my real life mistakes by "forcing" me to mine for them instead of playing outside with my friends when I was 6. This continued to occur until they realized that I was intentionally getting in trouble to mine, when they decided to get me my own account.

I am now 24 years old, and have a family of my own, which has produced a problem! I REALLY enjoy playing here on UOF, but this 3 account rule has me wary. As of a couple weeks ago, my little brother and his girlfriend live with me. They would like to play, and I THINK I may have convinced my wife to play too! (Shes more of a girly girl mostly interested in makeup and dresses, so this is a REALLY big step for her! Proof that my re-training has been effective.)

Here's my problem, I have two accounts already, and I need at least three more. I could give up one of my accounts, but my toons are currently holding a bunch of my extra stuff that I've found while I'm farming for a house to store everything So I cant delete them yet. Even if I did, I would still need at least one more. Next problem is that each account has only three character slots, So what happens when everyone makes the typical Non-Magic user, Magic user, and wildcard toon, Were stuck with that....

So basically in conclusion, I'm asking for permission to make extra accounts, but cant find a place to ask the question to an admin directly. Secondary question, does the IP apply to individual devices, or my router's IP?I read the rules, and would like to not be banned for having family Nostalgia time. Thank you for taking time outta your day to read this!!!

Aobuk
I read this as "Hi im a nigerian prince who desperately needs to get my inheritence before my government is overthrown and I need your help....."
not sure why
buuuut if you really are what you say, can't you get another internet setup if it come s to that....not sure how that works with ip

amonseti

Grandmaster
Why you gotta come off like such a dick?

Lol. Jeez.
I suspect this is one of our vets , who has created a new forum account to post this (I could even prolly narrow it down to less then half a dozen whom this could be) ..

newb players dont make posts like this for there very first posting.. usually they would post something along the lines of "How can you tell a real player from an NPC" , "Why Cant I place a house", "Where can I get regents from" etc etc..

So why am I im such a "dick" about it .. well it piss's me off that people think we were all born yesterday and playing us for fools .. so yeah I have no patients for this ..

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
Maybe he is telling the truth?

Couldn't you just set up some way for you to have a set of completely different IP addresses? for the new accounts?

Aobuk

Novice
Well since I still have three others waiting to play, I'm going to go ahead and disregard a few of these amazingly paranoid and imaginative responses and wait to hear from someone whose not under the age of 10.

Amonseti:

Thanks for your input little guy, but next time, please let the big boys talk before you interrupt! Just so you know for your 5th grade spelling bee, there's two kinds of 'patients" The one you used, if used in a sentence properly, would be "The doctor left the room to check the 8 year old patients BURN". The word you were looking for was "Patience" As in "I have no patience for outspoken little douche-bags with a bad attitude towards others because his WoW account got disconnected" I know its REALLY confusing, but maybe one day when you stop getting pushed off the monkey-bars, you'll figure it out. c) =-) <--- Here's a cowboy sticker for your effort, Good job using a big boy word!
On another note, because its my first post doesn't mean anything. Even if I was COMPLETELY new to UO there's Google, I know that's something they introduce in middle school, but, lemme clue you in... Google is all knowing, and there's twenty fucking years of info out there regarding UO. Plus ya know it helps to not be mentally handicapped. Good on ya UOF admins, supportin the "special" players too so they feel included! So nice of you guys. <3 So you know Amonseti I don't like people like you, and as soon as I get 7X GM, your fucking KOS along with any people I see rolling with you. P.S. I have friends that directed me to the server, They're red players, and they will hunt you down for me =). I know having friends is also a difficult concept for you to grasp, but maybe one day someone wont immediate hate you as soon as you introduce yourself to them. P.S.S. Don't accuse people you don't know of shit, Its quite rude.

Cack:

I do work as a Systems Administrator, so yes, I am absolutely capable of making it appear as if I have different IP's, but there's this thing called Integrity, The Army made a pretty big deal out of it... It basically means doing the right thing no matter if someones paying attention or not. If I was interested in breaking the rules, do you think that I would have posted here declaring that I want more accounts?
P.S. You almost got put on the burn table too, but you were just giving me your opinion. So I wont crush your soul like I did Amonseti's before I took his mom out to dinner if ya know what I'm sayin. ^,~

Thestand:

I did not know you could buy the extra character slots, I was actually wondering if there was a way to get more. For the rest of your post, Kindly refer to Amonsei's portion of my post. Its the biggest paragraph here, Should I explain to you what a paragraph is, or are you slightly more educated? I can take you to school too if you'd like.

Any admin can check logs to check that my IP has two accounts attatched to it with no toons over the age of a two weeks old Im sure. This will ensure that I'm legitimately not a vet looking for "an army of backup PVPer's, as well as a town of home plots." Its their job to determine the legitimacy of my statement, not yours. I'm also sure that they DO have ways to determine this. If they don't, I have a suggestion. Skype video call. If they aren't willing to show their faces to an Admin (whom should probably show their face too as to not be creepy) Then it's obviously not worth it to them to have the accounts for their family.

To those who posted non-condescending intelligent statements, I legitimately appreciate the input. I understand the purpose behind the rule and agree with it to a point. That's the point that I'm at now to be exact.

Mango: Thank you for being the only civilized individual here who responded, I hope that one day we meet in game so that I can bow out of my respect for you.

Happy hunting! I know when i get my Alchy/Macer to 7X Gm I'll be doing some hunting of my own.

Aobuk

amonseti

Grandmaster
Well since I still have three others waiting to play, I'm going to go ahead and disregard a few of these amazingly paranoid and imaginative responses and wait to hear from someone whose not under the age of 10.

Amonseti:

Thanks for your input little guy, but next time, please let the big boys talk before you interrupt! Just so you know for your 5th grade spelling bee, there's two kinds of 'patients" The one you used, if used in a sentence properly, would be "The doctor left the room to check the 8 year old patients BURN". The word you were looking for was "Patience" As in "I have no patience for outspoken little douche-bags with a bad attitude towards others because his WoW account got disconnected" I know its REALLY confusing, but maybe one day when you stop getting pushed off the monkey-bars, you'll figure it out. c) =-) <--- Here's a cowboy sticker for your effort, Good job using a big boy word!
On another note, because its my first post doesn't mean anything. Even if I was COMPLETELY new to UO there's Google, I know that's something they introduce in middle school, but, lemme clue you in... Google is all knowing, and there's twenty fucking years of info out there regarding UO. Plus ya know it helps to not be mentally handicapped. Good on ya UOF admins, supportin the "special" players too so they feel included! So nice of you guys. <3 So you know Amonseti I don't like people like you, and as soon as I get 7X GM, your fucking KOS along with any people I see rolling with you. P.S. I have friends that directed me to the server, They're red players, and they will hunt you down for me =). I know having friends is also a difficult concept for you to grasp, but maybe one day someone wont immediate hate you as soon as you introduce yourself to them. P.S.S. Don't accuse people you don't know of shit, Its quite rude.

Cack:

I do work as a Systems Administrator, so yes, I am absolutely capable of making it appear as if I have different IP's, but there's this thing called Integrity, The Army made a pretty big deal out of it... It basically means doing the right thing no matter if someones paying attention or not. If I was interested in breaking the rules, do you think that I would have posted here declaring that I want more accounts?
P.S. You almost got put on the burn table too, but you were just giving me your opinion. So I wont crush your soul like I did Amonseti's before I took his mom out to dinner if ya know what I'm sayin. ^,~

Thestand:

I did not know you could buy the extra character slots, I was actually wondering if there was a way to get more. For the rest of your post, Kindly refer to Amonsei's portion of my post. Its the biggest paragraph here, Should I explain to you what a paragraph is, or are you slightly more educated? I can take you to school too if you'd like.

Any admin can check logs to check that my IP has two accounts attatched to it with no toons over the age of a two weeks old Im sure. This will ensure that I'm legitimately not a vet looking for "an army of backup PVPer's, as well as a town of home plots." Its their job to determine the legitimacy of my statement, not yours. I'm also sure that they DO have ways to determine this. If they don't, I have a suggestion. Skype video call. If they aren't willing to show their faces to an Admin (whom should probably show their face too as to not be creepy) Then it's obviously not worth it to them to have the accounts for their family.

To those who posted non-condescending intelligent statements, I legitimately appreciate the input. I understand the purpose behind the rule and agree with it to a point. That's the point that I'm at now to be exact.

Mango: Thank you for being the only civilized individual here who responded, I hope that one day we meet in game so that I can bow out of my respect for you.

Happy hunting! I know when i get my Alchy/Macer to 7X Gm I'll be doing some hunting of my own.

Aobuk
So your retort is to slam me for my spelling ... thats funny coming from a guy who does not know how to use paragraphs ...

amonseti

Grandmaster
Ok after lol'ing It dawned on me .. your obviously no new player, as apparently you know my game play .. no noob with any intellegence would threatin to mass pk a vet. if you were a noob for all you would know i could be the guy pk'ing your ass already.

Ither way I now have a freashly minted T'baggins macro set up just for you..

Edit made to repair grammer ... dont wanna upset the school teacher ..

Aobuk

Novice
I do like how you didn't deny anything I said, I feel like its confirmation... And also... So you know, your post still contains the incorrect use of patients. its P A T I E N C E I can re-explain to you using different sentences if you'd like? If I had shit to lose I would probably refrain from talking shit, but seeing as I have an exceptionally made bow and some craptastic armor atm, do you really think i care? In fact Im sitting at the bards table if you wanna come like hug it out or something... Ill probably stand there and let you hit me. You can prove how tough you are vs someone who don't have shit.

amonseti

Grandmaster
yeah ok what ever ... cant wait to see you gm macing, and alch ... love how thats gunna work out for you exspecially when you add poison to it ...

yup that will be funny ..

amonseti

Grandmaster
yeah ok what ever ... cant wait to see you gm macing, and alch ... love how thats gunna work out for you exspecially when you add poison to it ...

yup that will be funny ..
also for a newb player he sure knows his way around the forums .. lmao hes now trolling my profile ..

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
If he was a vet, he'd know the only way to even maybe get permission of that sort is to directly speak to Shane or Adam, not post on a forum where no one can do anything about it. So I'm fairly sure he isn't a vet.
I'm also fairly sure you won't get permission to have more than three accounts. But again, you will need to directly PM Shane or Adam for such a request and allow them to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.