Classic House Colors

Tydeus

Master
For houses made of stone, I'm suggesting the ability to create or buy different colors of houses like small towers, towers, keeps, and castles. You can mine granite instead of ore and so the colors will vary through dull copper to valorite color. It will either come up as an option to be able to make an existing castle deed into a colored one by having a certain amount of granite (which would now be stack-able) or purchased from the house dealer NPCs at a range of different prices. For example, the prices could be +1 mil for each higher level of granite, and since a normal castle deed costs about 2 mil, a dull copper castle will cost 3 mil, with each higher level color costing an additional 1 mil. (A valorite castle would cost 9 mil.) I already know there are two custom colored castles out there, but the ore/granite colors are different than those, so those castles will still be unique.

For houses made of wood (such as log cabins), I'm suggesting the same but the colors will range from the different wood types -- oak through frostwood.

We'll start to see more classic houses being used in different colors, thus making both custom plots and classic houses to be desirable.

If this is considered, the gold sink method of getting the different colors would work, but if you added the ability for players to make the classic deeds different colors via large amounts of colored granite and colored wood, it will add in more of a market for colored wood and granite. The problem with the player run resource method is that houses like this will be either common if you don't have to work hard enough for the amount of granite or wood needed, or they will become very rare if you have to actually gather 7 mil worth of granite resources to make a castle deed into a valorite castle deed. But, I agree that something like a valorite castle should be rare, and I think that they would be rare if you had to pay 9 mil for a valorite colored castle deed.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I always thought it would be cool for players that like designing houses to be able to sell them like a classic house design deed. Making it partly player revenue and gold sink.

AssHat

Grandmaster
i reread this today, after i tried to think of 1 bad thing, other than hued houses galore! but this could be another great end game for some people or just a great thing to start doing! make each ore elemental in game also drop colored stone to help for the 1 mil stones possibly needed hehe!!!still a great idea i would love all classic houses again!!! +10 from me!