Clean Up Sosaria/Britannia

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
This is based on an idea that i am referring back to that was implemented on my old shard.

I believe that there is a direct impact on how many items and mobiles that are in game and the amount of time that "world saves" take to complete.

There is no doubt about it - UOF has grown a lot over the last few years and so have the amount of mobiles + items that people now have (combined).

The idea is based on turning in old items (into a special chest, trash barrell etc) for example - and in return the player receives tokens for example.

Depending on the item and how long that its been in-game for would determine how many tokens a player would get for turning it in.

After this "event" would finish - a player can redeem items/prizes from a list...by using the tokens that they have.

Thoughts?

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I like the idea, I really do, and I think it should be implemented but doesn't rewarding this with items kind of defeat the purpose? I know there needs to be an incentive to do it, just not sure items are the best way.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Nahhh it does not defeat the purpose. Check it -

Say for example - you turn in 10 weapons.. And you get a mix of tokens ranging from 50-100 tokens for each weapon (depending how long each weapon has been in game for)..and combined you receive 600 tokens for turning in all of these.

Now say for example.. "Prizes" start at 1000 tokens on the low end...and go up to 300,000 tokens for high end prizes..

- a player would have to turn in way more items to get prizes from the list in
exchange for prize(s) in return.

IMOP this kind of event would greatly benefit the server...and could be fun for players to participate in.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Ah I see now. Then yeah I am all for this. I think that's a good balance with the token amounts too.

Definitely +1

This is based on an idea that i am referring back to that was implemented on my old shard.

I believe that there is a direct impact on how many items and mobiles that are in game and the amount of time that "world saves" take to complete.

There is no doubt about it - UOF has grown a lot over the last few years and so have the amount of mobiles + items that people now have (combined).

The idea is based on turning in old items (into a special chest, trash barrell etc) for example - and in return the player receives tokens for example.

Depending on the item and how long that its been in-game for would determine how many tokens a player would get for turning it in.

After this "event" would finish - a player can redeem items/prizes from a list...by using the tokens that they have.

Thoughts?
They did this on gamers.. its how I got my sweet uoforever armor there. OSI did it first too.

Its called CUB (Clean up Britannia).

Pretty sure it was done here too with trash tokens.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
If an event like this was done once every 2-3 years, it could possibly reduce lag and world save times !

Unless i missed 60 seconds..i dont think its been done on UOF before..but i could be wrong :D

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Cutting people down to one logged-on account at a time would help world save time as well.

I don't see that flying to well with at least half of the shard though. =\

halygon

Grandmaster
@GoD PaRtiCal is right. This was done before on UOF and we had trash tokens given out as "currency" to buy rewards from a menu on the Trash Man. This was like two years ago though.

halygon

Grandmaster
Oopss i just found a thread daring back to early 2014 - in regard to trash tokens..i stand corrected !
It doesn't make it a bad idea though. I think though that the staff would prefer to do something a bit different. Like the battle well or some other mechanic that you drop items into to drive more gameplay.

It doesn't make it a bad idea though. I think though that the staff would prefer to do something a bit different. Like the battle well or some other mechanic that you drop items into to drive more gameplay.

The battle well idea and things similar are great, but that stuff is only incentivising to the people that participate in ctf and other stuff. I am not sure if you guys have a way to see a list of every unique participant ever, but that would be a good start to see how effective it is.

I think the trash token thing would garner more participation.

i have read before that there was a zombie event deal that used a different land, was this a massive participation thing? could you make a battle well type thing that requires massive item dumping to activate this event? or if it is not feasible to run automatically, have a system that tracks the item dumping and when it reaches a goal, you guys make an announcement that there will be huge event thing in a week from goal met?

just throwing poo balls around here

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
You might make a 'battle-well' for team death matches too, or even one for invasions?

The battle-well is a slick idea.

Speaking of battle-wells, put up a caution gump on them in case a player accidentally clicks on a rare or something.
Happened to someone a while back; I felt kinda bad for them xD

halygon

Grandmaster
The battle well idea and things similar are great, but that stuff is only incentivising to the people that participate in ctf and other stuff. I am not sure if you guys have a way to see a list of every unique participant ever, but that would be a good start to see how effective it is.

I think the trash token thing would garner more participation.

i have read before that there was a zombie event deal that used a different land, was this a massive participation thing? could you make a battle well type thing that requires massive item dumping to activate this event? or if it is not feasible to run automatically, have a system that tracks the item dumping and when it reaches a goal, you guys make an announcement that there will be huge event thing in a week from goal met?

just throwing poo balls around here
Oh you never got to see the zombie event? Whoa, I think it has been too long since we last ran it. Pretty sure its something that has to be managed by GMs so it cannot be an automatic event.

The point about the event well is that it uses the dumping of items to get something to happen.

Oh you never got to see the zombie event? Whoa, I think it has been too long since we last ran it. Pretty sure its something that has to be managed by GMs so it cannot be an automatic event.

The point about the event well is that it uses the dumping of items to get something to happen.

I get the well and all, my only thing was how effective is it when it comes to item dump quantity/number of unique participants, im sure you guys have a tracker on that thing or at the very least if you dont now, you could with a line or two of code.

Remus

Apprentice
@GoD PaRtiCal is right. This was done before on UOF and we had trash tokens given out as "currency" to buy rewards from a menu on the Trash Man. This was like two years ago though.

But the rewards of this was very poor, i think you need a few very hige end good items that make ppl turn in , items like bod cloths crapy dono items they cant sell all thos items that is way to much of the server, its a good way to keep the server going

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I only keep vanq weapons and sell everything else to NPC. Battle well is nice but for ppl who don't do CTF, I don't see the incentive for them to drop things in the well...

Pls mib chest, statues drop, etc :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk