Closed

matsuki

Apprentice
Are you talking a delay from when you click on something? As in double click a chest - delay - then it opens? If so, that is server side. If you are talking about the mouse movement itself, that is on your end.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Try options, reduce display frame rate.

You have to do it every time you launch the client for some reason. The setting doesn't stick.

Hope that helps.

All my actions are delayed. I have logged into old OSI on a free trial to see if the problem followed and it did not. My mouse works fine on everything but when going into UOF my movements are delayed. I now keep losing connection as well.

I have reduce display frame rate checked.

Bromista

Grandmaster
All my actions are delayed. I have logged into old OSI on a free trial to see if the problem followed and it did not. My mouse works fine on everything but when going into UOF my movements are delayed. I now keep losing connection as well.

I have reduce display frame rate checked.
You want it unchecked.

Did you recently upgrade your machine, mouse, or display?

I know that when I used an older laser mouse on a new PC and display with much higher resolution than I last played on, I had lots of problems with my old mouse (it was a nice Logitech for its time but it was 5-6yrs old) skipping in UO but not in anything else.

Blowing on the laser helped temporarily, don't ask me why LOL. But it always fell right back into its skipping ways.

I got a Logitech G700, amazing mouse, super high DPI settings. Amazing software came with it. Solved all my problems.

You want it unchecked.

Did you recently upgrade your machine, mouse, or display?

I know that when I used an older laser mouse on a new PC and display with much higher resolution than I last played on, I had lots of problems with my old mouse (it was a nice Logitech for its time but it was 5-6yrs old) skipping in UO but not in anything else.

Blowing on the laser helped temporarily, don't ask me why LOL. But it always fell right back into its skipping ways.

I got a Logitech G700, amazing mouse, super high DPI settings. Amazing software came with it. Solved all my problems.

I was having issues, and got a new mouse and that fixed a most of the issues. Though I can log on the Old OSI and there is no problems, it is specific to this shard. I am thinking it might be the route my ip takes to the shard in DC. Which means I am fucked.

CVegas

Grandmaster
Watch the the buttons above and below the wheel (if you have them). Many of them adjust cursor speed and could maybe affect the other.

I don't have any of those on my mouse. I can get on old OSI UO and not have an issue. I not sure if there is some problem between me and the new server location. It is just not the mouse everything seems to be delayed, just easy to explain what it is by describing how my mouse acts. But thank you for the input, you never know what the small fix could be.

If you are trying to be religious and trying to make a statement do it correctly. God is capitalized and you for got the ' in God's work showing possession.

If you had the issue I was having, I am sure your post would not be as reserved as mine is. I actually created a new thread in the client and server issues section. http://uoforum.com/threads/delayed-reponse-to-actions-in-uo.51834/#post-337446
read that if you still fill like trolling be my guest. I forgot I had this one up, and meant to close it anyways since I was directed from a GM to post on that section of the forums.