Concerning Murderer Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaiden

Neophyte
Hello all,
I am a relatively new player on this shard. I have been here for around a week or so and I can say, by far, that this is the best server I've played since OSI. I have been on a lot, and none of them are quite like this one. With that being said, I will say that one area that I find this server is a bit off on, is the lack of penalization for being a murderer. It seems to me that one of the biggest issues on shard is the fact that there is really no incentive against being a murderer, as the counts are so easily removed and the penalties are relatively short. I was wondering what the thought process was involving this decision, as it seems counter-productive to have this many active murderers at any given time due to the low penalties and high reward for this playstyle.

Not sure if everyone shares my thoughts, but I thought I'd place them here.

Thanks,
Z

This question comes up often lately. Yes, low penalties and lots of bards etc with full bags guarantee a nice inflow of reds. My anti pk char will be the only roaming the dungeons. Cash i earn outside. Dont bother anymore with gank squads oder sneaky backstabbing kills.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
In comparison to most other non OSI shards, there are relatively few murderers. It actually sucks to be a PK here as the only thing you get out of it is a few loot items and the freedom to do whatever you want. The downside however is that of someone stats you, your character is outta commission for anywhere from 4hrs to 48(?) hrs.

The stat loss not only affects your actual stats but also your skills. It makes that character unplayable.

You really don't want more penalties on them or else there will be no murderers... Which essentially makes a trammel shard.

Kalos

Apprentice
On my red, the best I get is some reags and the occasional 5k gold pile. When I die ( which happens often given how quickly the gank-zerg horn is blown here ) I lose a vanq weapon ( at least 10k ) and usually an insulting message with a 50k offer for my head.

If a bard dies he loses 40 each reag and a tambourine. Just regear and get back at it. Even the most inefficient pvm character is far more profitable than a PK.

limlight

Grandmaster
On my red, the best I get is some reags and the occasional 5k gold pile. When I die ( which happens often given how quickly the gank-zerg horn is blown here ) I lose a vanq weapon ( at least 10k ) and usually an insulting message with a 50k offer for my head.

If a bard dies he loses 40 each reag and a tambourine. Just regear and get back at it. Even the most inefficient pvm character is far more profitable than a PK.

This is why i mainly kill miners when im bored. Its the only profitable kill

Greed

Master

Well said.

Malik_Gynax

Neophyte
I think the people who make these threads are either extremely unlucky, just had a frustrating death, or exclusively hunt Shame 5.

I can hunt for hours with my tamer in other great spots in dungeons at any time of the day without even SEEING a red. Reds managing to kill me before I hit my recall hotkey are even more rare.

So, really, there is no incentive to BE a red. The statloss system only serves to make sure that if you see a red, he's most likely got buddies who will show up at any time. So instead of meeting solo reds, you meet red gank squads exclusively.

In fact, that might be why it looks to people like "there are so many reds and no reason not to be red." Because when you actually do see reds, they're in large gangs since the risk is so high. You can't really go out and look for some fun PvP when the cost of losing is not playing for 2 days, so you may as well play 100% to win.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Hmmm I'm brand new on the shard, don't play a PK (ever), and can't be troubled to do a basic forum search to see how often the topic of statloss comes up, let alone read a couple paragraphs to gain even a cursory understanding of the statloss system.

Better head over to general discussion and let everyone know that I have some important input.

Sorry dude but its pretty balanced as is. And this has been covered over and over.

Kith kannen

Master
as a guy who was "anti" during the dreadlord no staloss days the last thing I want to see is more penalties for reds...i did not come to this server to experience anything close to trammel and any harsher penalties will tip the scales way too far in that direction..im(newbie)o.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Don't be rude, motherfuckers :D It's a question that gets brought up every day. Try to come up with ideas on how to change it to most people's happiness instead. Obviously, since we all love this anarchistic system where crime is hardly policed by anything, we are antisocial kind, but for fuck's sake, don't act like dickheads to new players.

With all respect,

Dellan, Master of Art of fucking with people (ingame, at least)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Don't be rude, motherfuckers :D It's a question that gets brought up every day. Try to come up with ideas on how to change it to most people's happiness instead. Obviously, since we all love this anarchistic system where crime is hardly policed by anything, we are antisocial kind, but for fuck's sake, don't act like dickheads to new players.

With all respect,

Dellan, Master of Art of fucking with people (ingame, at least)

Sorry, changing the rules to suit 'most people's happiness' is fucking ********. UO is supposed to be hard and dangerous. If you can't appreciate that then leave. It's better to teach new people how to survive so they can enjoy the danger element in dungeons instead of cry about it.

Most people here like it, enough to make it the most populated and alive UO server in a long time.

So yeah, when the guys very first forum post is a thinly veiled cry for reds to be further penalized...sorry I'm not going to be sympathetic.

@Zaiden reds are already penalized. Most pkers are forced to have multiple pks because of the 48 hour statloss. This is a big penalty in itself.

Do yourself a favor and search for PK survival guide. It is very easy to get away if you are prepared and aware. If you aren't then you will die and lose your loot.

Kraden

Grandmaster
Sorry, changing the rules to suit 'most people's happiness' is fucking ********. UO is supposed to be hard and dangerous. If you can't appreciate that then leave. It's better to teach new people how to survive so they can enjoy the danger element in dungeons instead of cry about it.

Most people here like it, enough to make it the most populated and alive UO server in a long time.

So yeah, when the guys very first forum post is a thinly veiled cry for reds to be further penalized...sorry I'm not going to be sympathetic.

@Zaiden reds are already penalized. Most pkers are forced to have multiple pks because of the 48 hour statloss. This is a big penalty in itself.

Do yourself a favor and search for PK survival guide. It is very easy to get away if you are prepared and aware. If you aren't then you will die and lose your loot.

BOOM!!!

Dellan

Grandmaster
I meant "changing the rules to suit most people's happines" as to suit MOST people, both reds and blues ;) UO must be hard and dangerous. And I appreciate that, and won't leave for shit. All I meant with my post is - don't be rude to newbies. Most people here are acting like major douches, which can scare away potential long time players. We're already rough on them ingame, forums are forums, we don't have to be dicks here too.

Kraden

Grandmaster
I meant "changing the rules to suit most people's happines" as to suit MOST people, both reds and blues ;) UO must be hard and dangerous. And I appreciate that, and won't leave for shit. All I meant with my post is - don't be rude to newbies. Most people here are acting like major douches, which can scare away potential long time players. We're already rough on them ingame, forums are forums, we don't have to be dicks here too.

Some people do have to be........***Parental Advisory Warning***

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32iCWzpDpKs

Status
Not open for further replies.