*Constantly* getting marked as a Criminal while taming?

Kiraush

I'm trying to figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong, but I would say easily close to 90% of the time that I tame something I'm immediately marked as a Criminal afterwards.

I just rolled with it for a while, but while trying to tame Scorps to level my taming a bit higher/faster I'm getting killed by other players every 30 seconds because the "good" guys are seeing me as a bad guy.

Would like to die instead every minute to just the "bad" players while trying to tame at least, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Edit:
Not using a Macro
Using UOSteam hotkeys
Not alt-tabbing before, during, or after taming

Last edited:

Wildboar

Master
go into options on the right side of your char picture, open it, go to third button on right side open, check query before performing criminal act------you will find out why you are going gray, next time, probably a key hotkeyed to last action

Kiraush

go into options on the right side of your char picture, open it, go to third button on right side open, check query before performing criminal act------you will find out why you are going gray, next time, probably a key hotkeyed to last action

It's already checked >_<

Young Star

Grandmaster
you get attacked by the scorpion and you auto attack back. Then you successfully tame the scorpion and it turns blue but you keep punching. you need to toggle warmode when you start taming. You can also start your own one man guild so that you are green. attacking green pets is not a criminal act.