Craftable Slayer Spellbooks

Uofreakkk

Adept
I'd like to see craftable slayer spell books. Even if they aren't blessed and have a rare chance to craft it would make farming on a mage more fun.

AssHat

Grandmaster
like castles and removing spawn from them (devalues house), i assume with the super slayer spell books and the amount of asshurt people that already own slayer books.... this wont EVER happen. good try though!!

you can always: quit your job and play the week long events in hopes of beating out such great UOF people....

OR

donate over 20,000$ and get yourself a super slayer spell book

Fattson

Grandmaster
like castles and removing spawn from them (devalues house), i assume with the super slayer spell books and the amount of asshurt people that already own slayer books.... this wont EVER happen. good try though!!

you can always: quit your job and play the week long events in hopes of beating out such great UOF people....

OR

LAWL

Uofreakkk

Adept
We'll the difference is the few people that have slayer spell books are blessed. The one you craft wouldn't be blessed nor could they be blessed with a deed. So the Blessed Slayer Spellbooks now would see be worth a lot.

Fattson

Grandmaster
We'll the difference is the few people that have slayer spell books are blessed. The one you craft wouldn't be blessed nor could they be blessed with a deed. So the Blessed Slayer Spellbooks now would see be worth a lot.
Nah dude. They'd take a massive hit. At least 50% drop. Probably 75.

bane

Master

OR

Craftable slayer spellbooks should make it in so that we are all on an even playing field and this server isn't just pay to win. Some limitations that could make craftable slayer spellbooks inferior to the pay to win ones though:
  • Standard Spell Book colors -- Trammy tax not included with craftable slayer books
  • Not blessable -- If you die they drop on your body or are destroyed.
  • Limited Charges -- Would need to balanced with rarity but after charges are exhausted it would be just a normal spellbook. Would suggest that it be 500 or more if it is a 1 in a 100 craft attempt at slayer (super slayer will be much more rare)
TLDR: If they make them normal color and not able to be blessed that would probably be enough. If they make them have limited charges, not be blessed and be normal colors then that would definitely be enough to make the pay to win spell books hold their value (blessed, super slayer, and look cool as hell).

@Shane @Adam @eppy

Uofreakkk

Adept
Craftable slayer spellbooks should make it in so that we are all on an even playing field and this server isn't just pay to win. Some limitations that could make craftable slayer spellbooks inferior to the pay to win ones though:
  • Standard Spell Book colors -- Trammy tax not included with craftable slayer books
  • Limited Charges -- Would need to balanced with rarity but after charges are exhausted it would be just a normal spellbook. Would suggest that it be 500 or more if it is a 1 in a 100 craft attempt at slayer (super slayer will be much more rare)
TLDR: If they make them normal color and not able to be blessed that would probably be enough. If they make them have limited charges, not be blessed and be normal colors then that would definitely be enough to make the pay to win spell books hold their value (blessed, super slayer, and look cool as hell).

@Shane @Adam @eppy

@Shane @Adam @eppy

100% agree

Lexington

Grandmaster

@Shane @Adam @eppy

This isn't directed directly at you bane.

Pay to win..................

Every time I see this it boils my blood. I own this book that you're all talking about. F*@# there's hardly a day that goes by that I don't have a PM from one of you looking to buy it. Unfortunately that's probably my fault I guess.

I'm writing this because I feel there needs to be some clarification on what you guys keep referring to as PAY TO WIN! Yes, there are a few weapons on the UOF server that have been given out as special rewards. Unfortunately there seems to be this illusion among a few of you that the players who donated and received these special items, did so for the sole propose to WIN. Let me educate you.... none of the players in question donated with the expectation that they are going to WIN. They donated because they believe in the server and enjoy simply playing.

In reality... how often do you see one of these players competing with you at an event / champ spawn for top marks? These players aren't out toping the leader boards at any of the events... hell, I have a whopping 75,000 points in the current event. So when you talk about not being able to play on a level playing field, and you insinuate this because you feel you have to compete with a certain "pay to win" player, you're really talking out your ass. I say this because the players with to so called "pay to win" items don't have the slightest interest in the competition. This is most likely why the staff allowed it... I assume they felt confident theses players wouldn't abuse and or damage the integrity of their server.

Last edited by a moderator:

AssHat

Grandmaster
to bad a super slayer spell book made it into bobby's hands and now he does top most champ events with that book! ad people have seen it, it sucks @Lexington that you got tossed in that same boat, maybe shane needed to unlable the special slayer books and let people just have something rare without being a flashy and shiney and show it off...

AssHat

Grandmaster
all it takes is someone like me to take my 6 open characters and make 6 scribs to turn out unblessed,charges spell books, it will be just like slayer weapons and bows, TONS and TONS on the server. so you either flood the market and make slayer books useless or dont add and make the current one rares... the options for this debate are slim and the players will be on the losing end i feel...

bane

Master
This isn't directed directly at you bane.

Pay to win..................

Every time I see this it boils my blood. I own this book that you're all talking about. F*@# there's hardly a day that goes by that I don't have a PM from one of you looking to buy it. Unfortunately that's probably my fault I guess.

I'm writing this because I feel there needs to be some clarification on what you guys keep referring to as PAY TO WIN! Yes, there are a few weapons on the UOF server that have been given out as special rewards. Unfortunately there seems to be this illusion among a few of you that the players who donated and received these special items, did so for the sole propose to WIN. Let me educate you.... none of the players in question donated with the expectation that they are going to WIN. They donated because they believe in the server and enjoy simply playing.

In reality... how often do you see one of these players competing with you at an event / champ spawn for top marks? These players aren't out toping the leader boards at any of the events... hell, I have a whopping 75,000 points in the current event. So when you talk about not being able to play on a level playing field, and you insinuate this because you feel you have to compete with a certain "pay to win" player, you're really talking out your ass. I say this because the players with to so called "pay to win" items don't have the slightest interest in the competition. This is most likely why the staff allowed it... I assume they felt confident theses players wouldn't abuse and or damage the integrity of their server.

Lexington I honestly didn't mean to offend anyone here on the shard. I donate regularly since I believe that you get what you pay for and I want this server to succeed financially. So let me clarify what I mean by Pay to Win. Having a super slayer spellbook that works against every monster type as a reward for donating money that is not possible to attain in any other way is Pay to Win. Now if they add in craftable slayer spellbooks, even if they are inferior to the donation spellbooks, would levels things out.

I believe in donation items being largely convenience based. I get super busy at work sometimes so I will donate and turn those donation coins into gold instead of farming. I do that because I don't want to spend the limited play time I have farming. It is convenience but not a necessity. If I had the time I could farm the gold to get donation items or fund my play style. It only starts being Pay to Win if I can donate money for something that is no way accessible to someone without donating (regardless of time spent). I feel that these sorts of items are detrimental to the server.

But, we have a chance to fix some of the inbalance. Lets add in craftable slayer spellbooks but make them in some ways inferior to the donation and event slayer books (not able to be blessed, limited use, and look plain as hell). This way everyone wins. The masses get a new PvM play style available to them and the donation/event slayer books will most likely retain their value because they are superior to the crafted slayer books (blessed, cool looking, uniquely named). This will make the donation/event slayer books largely items of convenience.

Lexington

Grandmaster
to bad a super slayer spell book made it into bobby's hands and now he does top most champ events with that book! ad people have seen it, it sucks @Lexington that you got tossed in that same boat, maybe shane needed to unlable the special slayer books and let people just have something rare without being a flashy and shiney and show it off...

From what I heard bobby moved on to a different game....

bane

Master
all it takes is someone like me to take my 6 open characters and make 6 scribs to turn out unblessed,charges spell books, it will be just like slayer weapons and bows, TONS and TONS on the server. so you either flood the market and make slayer books useless or dont add and make the current one rares... the options for this debate are slim and the players will be on the losing end i feel...
I don't see why this is necessarily a bad thing. A fully leveled meta mage with a slayer spell book is on an equal footing with a fully leveled berserker dexxer with slayer weapon. Sounds like balance as long as the meta mages weapon (slayer spell book) isn't blessed and is somewhat limited use.

Think of this way. Why is the original Gold or Vesper BOD cloth worth so much? Because it is rare. Consumable slayer spellbooks shouldn't devalue the rare slayer spellbooks since if implemented properly they would be inferior in every way except for damage. They won't have unique look, they wouldn't be blessed, and they would be consumed at some point. Sounds like this is pretty balanced when compared to slayer weapons.

AssHat

Grandmaster
I don't see why this is necessarily a bad thing. A fully leveled meta mage with a slayer spell book is on an equal footing with a fully leveled berserker dexxer with slayer weapon. Sounds like balance as long as the meta mages weapon (slayer spell book) isn't blessed and is somewhat limited use.

Think of this way. Why is the original Gold or Vesper BOD cloth worth so much? Because it is rare. Consumable slayer spellbooks shouldn't devalue the rare slayer spellbooks since if implemented properly they would be inferior in every way except for damage. They won't have unique look, they wouldn't be blessed, and they would be consumed at some point. Sounds like this is pretty balanced when compared to slayer weapons.

i am not the one who cares lol this debate has been brought up so many times i figure why not offer what i know and why it pretty much wont happen per shane... reason i wont make a mage is because there is no slayers for them, when i can make a dexxer or a tamer and do way more damage output!

AssHat

Grandmaster
@bane very few things on UOF will ever become rare, took me almost a year to watch and learn this, this is not a rare collectors shard by any means, sadly that was one of the last things i wanted t do was collect some UO history, but not on here :'(