Do you want to see this in UOF?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Attempting to use skills as much as possible to create new things...
Using the Staining sytem for metal armor using the basic colors and maybe some special. Either making these stains or having them part of new BoD rewards that would actually be useful.

There's a lot in this game that can be used on a basic level going into more advanced. As it stands Legendary Crafting isn't the greatest at all. Time to switch up something.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Or if nothing else ... these colors could be used with my new metals suggestion int THIS thread

Yes I agree .. And a great reason to resserect this thread .. @Shane @Adam
I have been asking for new "Rare" ore types since the "Dawn" .. and plenty of them this is my exsample
Based on your minning skill passed 100 there would be 4 new rarity tiers of ores that have a chance to be minned up during the regular minning process..
Tiers are as follows:
Tier 4 chance, requires 105 minning skill (5% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 3 chance, requires 110 minning skill (3% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 2 chance, requires 115 minning skill (2% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Tier 1 chance, requires 120 minning skill (1% chance to be pulled instead of base ore)
Each Ore type mined has a rare ore type in one of these tiers that have a chance to be obtained
as follows

an "Iron node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = Aluminum
T3 = Nickle
T2 = Steel
T1 = Brass

an "Dull Copper node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Lead"
T3 = "Tin"
T2 = "Zinc"
T1 = "Carbon"

an "Shadow node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Wrought Iron"
T3 = "Wrought Steel"
T2 = "Wrought Brass"
T1 = "Black Gold" (*no not oil silly)

an "Copper node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Molybdenum"
T3 = "Nikolite"
T2 = "Chromium"
T1 = "Ancient Copper"

an "Bronze node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Ardite"
T3 = "Dull Titanium"
T2 = "Titanium"
T1 = "Admantium"

an "Gold node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Pyrite"
T3 = "Pure Silver"
T2 = "Pure Gold"
T1 = "Pure Platinum"

an "Agapite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Blood Iron"
T3 = "Cinnabar"
T2 = "Tungsten"
T1 = "Phoenix gold"

an "Verite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Dull Gold"
T3 = "Vanadium"
T2 = "Mercury" *
T1 = "Uranium"

an "Valorite node" Has a chance to Produce:
T4 = "Cobalt"
T3 = "Frost Iron"
T2 = "Deistic Gold"
T1 = "Electrum"

Of course each Ore type would have have a unique hue. Tier 1 being the most sought after IE "Electrum could be a falloon'ish colored blue, which would produce metal armor of that color".

Blacksmithing with these rare ors would also require the proper skill. ie T1 ore's require 105 Blacksmithy to T4 requiring 120 smithing min to work with it . And the same gos for any other skills that use ore / ingots .

Smelting the ore however would not change the tier would follow its base ore type for smelting Success. IE smelting Electrum would be the same as smelting Valorite.

anyhow just me thought on this ..

** Additionally: would also love to see a way to obtain thos large gems we see here and there ("prodominetally in orc fort")

Kilike

Grandmaster
After looking into this more. I love love this idea, and have expanded on it a tad, and will bring it up shortly. +1

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
The content is there. Either use it the way they have it or customize it.
I agree @Shane @Adam could modify this a lil to get a some dono usage ..
Make this new system exsactly as in the link.. but instead of using "Wine" from a vendor use "Base liquid" purchased from the dono vendor in stacks of 10 for a paltry 50 Dono each..

This would help with stuff as the one thing about the dono vendors is that the devs seem to like to go for the long bomb touch down with expensive dono items .. The guy who invented Angry Birds did not become filthy rich selling angry birds for 60$ to limited people ... no he sold millions for a buck a pop.. (guy sells 1000 @ 60 = $60,000.00 vs 1000000 @ 1 = $1,000,000)

Kilike

Grandmaster
Make this new system exsactly as in the link.. but instead of using "Wine" from a vendor use "Base liquid" purchased from the dono vendor in stacks of 10 for a paltry 50 Dono each..

This would help with stuff as the one thing about the dono vendors is that the devs seem to like to go for the long bomb touch down with expensive dono items .. The guy who invented Angry Birds did not become filthy rich selling angry birds for 60$ to limited people ... no he sold millions for a buck a pop.. (guy sells 1000 @ 60 = $60,000.00 vs 1000000 @ 1 = $1,000,000)

I actually like this idea a great deal.

May have to rethink my tweak I made in: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/mega-suggestion-thread.62023/

K A Z

Grandmaster

good idea but that'd be considered pay2win and UO communities usually collapse at that point.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yea I definitely love the idea! The content is already written into UO somewhere. So it should be easily implemented.
But I don't think it should be Dono based. Should be solely in game crafting.
But yes yes yes and yes on this idea. Would love all the different shades of color in the link Blaine provided.

Kilike

Grandmaster
good idea but that'd be considered pay2win and UO communities usually collapse at that point.
Cosmetic items do not = pay2win. Now if this gave you an advantage over someone then sure, but it doesn't. Really I don't see how this could be considered pay2win and meta stones being required for relics, which increase their output drastically is never mentioned? Though with all dono items, you can trade gold for dono. So The issues aren't that big imo.

TL;DR This is not a pay2win feature at all

Kilike

Grandmaster
Indeed they do.. and some people are more inclined to do many small donos, then few large ones..
People just feel they are getting more bang for there buck, when they get more items for less then spending large and getting few ..

League of Legends makes assloads of money doing just that.
Tons of Dono items I want, but I can't see dropping $175 for a butler as an example. That's a farm gold, buy dono with gold item. IMO

Kilike

Grandmaster
We don't nor should we have to feel the need to bribe the Devs with Dono purchases with every idea. Especially good ones like this.
I agree and in my suggestion thread I mentioned another way to include the feature without dono. Though If it were that cheap I'd be ok with it.
Link is a few comments up.