Crazy_Legs scammed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CN_Chan

Neophyte
I was asking on IRC to buy a meta egg or pet from people. Crazy_Legs said he will sell his lvl 2 meta for 1.5 mil. Met at Brit Bank. Saw his meta pet opened trade gave money saw that it was a serpent and clicked the check box. His char logged off and so did he on IRC. I got a tamed snake and he got my gold. I am hoping the GMs can at least get me my money back. Please be careful and do not make the mistake I did.
crazy_leg_zpsb8lh3fhj.jpg

CN%20snake_zpssrrlakxd.jpg

Salsa

Grandmaster
I believe any scams done via IRC are bannable.

Or at least they were at one point, and if they aren't im consider it open season...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Not sure GMs will help since it's very difficult to verify that you aren't just working with the scammer to get free gold.

Anyways try not to think of it as a loss, think of it as an opprotunity to show how hard it is to break your spirit. You'll be back to 1.5 mill in no time.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I believe any scams done via IRC are bannable.

Or at least they were at one point, and if they aren't im consider it open season...

I can't believe I just liked one of your posts, damn I must be getting older! But yes, any scams VIA IRC should definitely be bannable, it really is poor practice and requires medical attention.....

CN_Chan

Neophyte
I appreciate the info, im not looking to get the guy banned. To be honest, I just want my money back so I can actually get a meta pet.

Bromista

Grandmaster
In situations like this I don't think it's customary for the item to be returned, could be mistaken. If GM's got involved they would probably just punish the guy and that's that on their end. However what often happens in situations like this is people will see what happened and chip in and/or provide a replacement.

That would be a much more likely scenario for something to come from nothing, aka the people who step up and give the person who was "scammed" their stuff and in doing so become the ones that were scammed.

If staff just returned the gold, if some dudes were trying to pull a fast one, whatever...nothing would be generated but also nothing lost.

I would like to see the gold returned in situations like this for that reason. Jail yes, banning maybe, returned scammed items 100%.

CN_Chan

Neophyte
In situations like this I don't think it's customary for the item to be returned, could be mistaken. If GM's got involved they would probably just punish the guy and that's that on their end. However what often happens in situations like this is people will see what happened and chip in and/or provide a replacement.

That would be a much more likely scenario for something to come from nothing, aka the people who step up and give the person who was "scammed" their stuff and in doing so become the ones that were scammed.

If staff just returned the gold, if some dudes were trying to pull a fast one, whatever...nothing would be generated but also nothing lost.

I would like to see the gold returned in situations like this for that reason. Jail yes, banning maybe, returned scammed items 100%.

I understand what you are saying. I would like to just get the gold back and forget about this incident and move on. What ever happens to the person is up to the GMs but I wont sit here and demand that he be banned or something like that. He was able to utilize a system and catch me when I was in need for a meta pet.

CN_Chan

Neophyte
Not sure GMs will help since it's very difficult to verify that you aren't just working with the scammer to get free gold.

Anyways try not to think of it as a loss, think of it as an opprotunity to show how hard it is to break your spirit. You'll be back to 1.5 mill in no time.
Hopefully GMs can view the data and see that I am not scamming them. I can see how that could be a different point of view.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
That really sucks man. In the future too, remember, a Level 2 Meta is a Giant Serpent, not a regular snake.

Snake 1
Serpent 2
Lizard 3
Swampy 4
Young 5
Drag 6
Ancient 7

...I hope the gms can do something for you on this though man. I too thought scamming was illegal and bannable too.

CN_Chan

Neophyte
That really sucks man. In the future too, remember, a Level 2 Meta is a Giant Serpent, not a regular snake.

Snake 1
Serpent 2
Lizard 3
Swampy 4
Young 5
Drag 6
Ancient 7

...I hope the gms can do something for you on this though man. I too thought scamming was illegal and bannable too.

When we were making the trade, I saw the lvl 2 serpent. He opened the trade and I saw the serpent icon in the trade window. After the trade I was walking with a snake, but im sure I just didnt see it because Brit is so packed. I am really hoping to get enough support to get my money back. Like I said before, im not asking to go on a witch hunt for Crazy_Legs, just want my gold back and move on.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
When we were making the trade, I saw the lvl 2 serpent. He opened the trade and I saw the serpent icon in the trade window. After the trade I was walking with a snake, but im sure I just didnt see it because Brit is so packed. I am really hoping to get enough support to get my money back. Like I said before, im not asking to go on a witch hunt for Crazy_Legs, just want my gold back and move on.
Sadly this isnt the first ive heard of this happening. It does make the server look bad if a scammer goes unpunished. You have the irc timeframe and gms can check boxes and account ips so hopefully as I say they will do something about it. Damn scammers anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.