Create Checks Larger Than 1Mil

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Say you have a 10 million bank check.

You can cash 7,440,000 in gold (124 items)

Than have the bank put the difference in gold - in a check form.

This was done on gamers like this and never posed a problem.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Say you have a 10 million bank check.

You can cash 7,440,000 in gold (124 items)

Than have the bank put the difference in gold - in a check form.

This was done on gamers like this and never posed a problem.

What's the point though? How does this type of change benefit the community? I certainly understand that it can be done, but does it really need to be done? I guess the argument would be that it doesn't hurt anything, but it certainly doesn't really help anything either.

IMO there are better things for staff to put their energy into.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
What's the point though? How does this type of change benefit the community? I certainly understand that it can be done, but does it really need to be done? I guess the argument would be that it doesn't hurt anything, but it certainly doesn't really help anything either.

People buy and sell items in excess of 5 million gold fairly often and could surely make good use of this idea , if it were implemented. Thus, you saying this idea does not help anything is incorrect.

I also highly doubt that this would take much energy for staff to code.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsa

Grandmaster

It helps large ticket purchases. Instead of dropping 20 x 1m checks into a trade window and them layering on top of one another, you can just drop 1 20m check.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
It helps large ticket purchases. Instead of dropping 20 x 1m checks into a trade window and them layering on top of one another, you can just drop 1 20m check.

Its instances like this where a player could try to scam.... which is why I always thought that being allowed to create checks over 1mil would prove very useful when buying/selling items worth millions.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Its instances like this where a player could try to scam.... which is why I always thought that being allowed to create checks over 1mil would prove very useful when buying/selling items worth millions.

Scam prevention is a B.S. reason and you know it.

There are tons of things that could be made "easier" with some simple coding, but that doesn't mean that they should be.

I think this is an accommodation for the top 1-2% of the server, which doesn't make it good or bad, it just makes it unnecessary.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
There are tons of things that could be made "easier" with some simple coding, but that doesn't mean that they should be.

I think this is an accommodation for the top 1-2% of the server, which doesn't make it good or bad, it just makes it unnecessary.

Then what does it matter if they do it? It's not like if they did it you would have a different playstyle or some shit. Even if it's "unnecessary" it's not a big deal if they did it, so why not just let them do it?

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Then what does it matter if they do it? It's not like if they did it you would have a different playstyle or some shit. Even if it's "unnecessary" it's not a big deal if they did it, so why not just let them do it?

IMO I think staff should be working on suggestions that benefit a larger number of players, rather than a select few.

I don't think I have the ability to influence decision one way or another, but if I did, I'd suggest spending time on more important things that have a value to a greater number of people.

Bromista

Grandmaster
How does one get more than one mil in their bankbox to begin with?

Serious.

Oh hey actually serious response:

Checks usually aren't the problem it's dono coins. On numerous occasions I have done deals with more dono coins than a player can possibly hold, even after their weight was reduced. Staff will complete large trades for players to overcome the limitations of item/weight and trade windows.

It's not rocket science.

The odds of a single trade window requiring more checks than a player can "see" are a big fat 0 unless you are trading a big ticket house or a meta. Houses require staff. Metas do not. You can transfer them at the bank which means you can bag your checks without fear of them being stolen.

Big ticket house deals probably only happen a handful of times a year...maybe a dozen...but by the same token it does seem an easy fix to make larger checks more convenient for us to get our hands on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Violence

Grandmaster
Sold my 30x30 the other day. Was near impossible to count all the 1m checks in the trade box and kinda had to say fuck it when there was no more room in the trade box and just trust that the buyer was legit. And some players sell items of even greater value than that.

There is no reason to not have this in game.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Well I will literally go half way on this idea.. making 10mil checks could prove problematic as I outlined earlier, and could cause issues that would require additional new code to implement , and I agree the necessity just does not warrant the time to code, test etc there are much much more pressing needs . however I see no reason for not being able to make checks for 5mil there should be no "NEW" coding required for this other than an edit to the max var for a gold pile .

TLDR: Version
I Vote NO ! to 10mil checks
I Vote YES! to 5mil checks

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well I will literally go half way on this idea.. making 10mil checks could prove problematic as I outlined earlier, and could cause issues that would require additional new code to implement , and I agree the necessity just does not warrant the time to code, test etc there are much much more pressing needs . however I see no reason for not being able to make checks for 5mil there should be no "NEW" coding required for this other than an edit to the max var for a gold pile .

TLDR: Version
I Vote NO ! to 10mil checks
I Vote YES! to 5mil checks
Makes sense. 5 would cover all bases and not break the bank.

5m checks. Fuck it.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Sold an island for 50ish mil, trust me this is a quality of life change. Inflation will continue to happen and even the average player will appreciate this soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk