Creating Relative Location Macros in Steam for CTF - Need Help!

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Edit: JK I figured it out. Targettileoffset (x y z) for anyone who might be wondering.

Double fucking edit: I got north and south to work with (x y z) = (0 -1 0) and (0 1 0), respectively, but trying to do east and west as (1 0 0) and (-1 0 0) keeps placing the wall directly on top of me... frustrating... any help?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to Steam. I've used Razor for so long, but I've finally seen the light and how much better Steam is than Razor. I've been able to figure out how to recreate pretty much all my settings/hot keys/macros in Steam, except for my wall of stone target macros that I use for CTF.

If you don't know how these macros work, you can view the link in my signature titled "learning to wall" to understand what I'm talking about. But, basically the macro simply targets a location relative to your current position.

So for instance if I cast Wall of Stone, while the the targeting cursor is still up, I should be able to press a button to drop the spell on the ground in certain tiles relative to where I'm standing, specifically 1 tile directly north, south, east, or west of my position.

I feel like this has to be possible somehow with how versatile Steam is, but I tried recreating it the way I would with razor, and targeting something on the ground just does not show up when recording a macro in Steam.

Can any Steam gurus help me with this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lion King

Apprentice
Not clear wether you need help or not, but I put something togheter. Make sure you're running in a somewhat straight line when hitting the macro key though, or you might end up casting the wall to block yourself

Code:
cast 'wall of stone'
waitfortarget 2500
if direction == 0
  targettileoffset 0 -1 0
elseif direction == 1
  targettileoffset 1 -1 0
elseif direction == 2
  targettileoffset 1 0 0
elseif direction == 3
  targettileoffset 1 1 0
elseif direction == 4
  targettileoffset 0 1 0
elseif direction == 5
  targettileoffset -1 1 0
elseif direction == 6
  targettileoffset -1 0 0
elseif direction == 7
  targettileoffset -1 -1 0
endif

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Not clear wether you need help or not, but I put something togheter. Make sure you're running in a somewhat straight line when hitting the macro key though, or you might end up casting the wall to block yourself

Code:
cast 'wall of stone'
waitfortarget 2500
if direction == 0
  targettileoffset 0 -1 0
elseif direction == 1
  targettileoffset 1 -1 0
elseif direction == 2
  targettileoffset 1 0 0
elseif direction == 3
  targettileoffset 1 1 0
elseif direction == 4
  targettileoffset 0 1 0
elseif direction == 5
  targettileoffset -1 1 0
elseif direction == 6
  targettileoffset -1 0 0
elseif direction == 7
  targettileoffset -1 -1 0
endif

This is not exactly what I was looking for, but it did solve my problem. I found out that putting the x y z coordinates in parenthesis was my problem. I was doing it like "targettileoffset (1 0 0)", and for some reason it works fine like that for North and South, but East and West wouldn't work. I removed the parenthesis so it's just "targettileoffset 1 0 0" and it works perfectly now. Thanks a bunch for your help!