ctf resist

Cack

Grandmaster
So not sure if there is some super secret way to do this that i dont know about, hence making this thread stupid but....
How can people cast through my magic reflect.
i noticed today when most of the ctf was dexxers.
i got hit by a dexxer and healed, had full magic reflect on...then all i know next is im in my base hit by all kinds of expl/ebolts etc.then i got to put magic reflect back on and it said "this spell is already in effect"
So what the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
What are you talking about "cast through my resist" and "Had full resist on"

Your post makes no sense and nobody knows what you are talking about, lol. Please use the UO terms properly so we can help you. "Resist" generally refers to the Resisting Spells skill, which isn't something you can "have on" or "cast through".

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Ok it's a little better but still doesn't make sense in some parts.

"How can people cast through my magic reflect."

Your magic reflect doesn't affect other peoples casting abilities unless their spell is reflected back onto them while they are trying to cast another spell. Is this what you are talking about? It could be that the reflected spell didn't interrupt the casting timer or maybe they were using the Protection spell.

"i got hit by a dexxer and healed, had full magic reflect on"

Ok magic reflection doesn't affect melee damage at all... in any way.. so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

"then all i know next is im in my base hit by all kinds of expl/ebolts etc.then i got to put magic reflect back on and it said "this spell is already in effect"

If you were playing a scribe you can reflect up to 16 "circles" of damage, i.e. a 6th circle spell will do 6 "circles" of damage. So it is possible to take an explo eb combo and still have part of your reflect remaining.

If you took more than 2 6th circle spells on a scribe mage and it told you the spell is already in effect, then it's a bug. OR perhaps you were holding down your Magic Reflect spell key and thus the "That spell is already in effect" message was flooding your screen and some of those messages didn't show up until after your reflect had already been taken off.

Cack

Grandmaster
getting hit by a dexxer was just explaining the entire situation the situation. didnt say it had anything to do with reflect.
to the spamming reflect and getting the message...i was spamming miniheal/cure

simplified version:

had full magic reflect on
was hit with magic
died/went back to base
thinking my magic reflect had been taken off i tried magic reflection spell again.
it told me it was already in effect.

so if it was still in effect how did they cast through my magic reflect to kill me?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Right. Got it.

So here's what happens. Say you don't have insciption and so without inscription you can reflect 8 circles of damage.

So let's say you get hit with an energy bolt. That's 6 circles of damage. 8 - 6 = 2. You have now have two circles of damage that you can reflect, so basically you can reflect a harm, but anything more will break through what's left of your reflect and hit you, because you can't reflect only 2 circles of a 6th circle spell. I mean, how would that work, right? You would only reflect part of the damage of the ebolt? No, it just causes the entire spell to break through the reflect and hit you for full damage.

Thus, your magic reflect says it's still in effect, but someone ebolts you and it goes through, causing this situation and your confusion.

Cack

Grandmaster
Right. Got it.

So here's what happens. Say you don't have insciption and so without inscription you can reflect 8 circles of damage.

So let's say you get hit with an energy bolt. That's 6 circles of damage. 8 - 6 = 2. You have now have two circles of damage that you can reflect, so basically you can reflect a harm, but anything more will break through what's left of your reflect and hit you, because you can't reflect only 2 circles of a 6th circle spell. I mean, how would that work, right? You would only reflect part of the damage of the ebolt? No, it just causes the entire spell to break through the reflect and hit you for full damage.

Thus, your magic reflect says it's still in effect, but someone ebolts you and it goes through, causing this situation and your confusion.
REally..that does makes sense. wow im a total noob.
so yea they were able to dump on me cuz i had only 2 circles left or even 5 with exp and ebolt
Thanks Arch.