Death Beetle Stats

Lopsang

Master
Thanks for the update Famara. I'm glad it can poison certain non-poisonable mobs. With that in mind, did the balron seem to die quicker since it was curing most likely non stop?

Also, have your tried it on Ancient. Shadow Wyrms? Or shadow balrons?

Beetle was able to poison an ancient wyrm. WW and Beetle made pretty quick work of it.

Was not able to poison an ancient shadow wyrm however. Edit: Tried again and was able to poison them. Not sure if it was changed or what.

Cant poison Ancient liche either

Last edited by a moderator:

Strife

Master
So Beetles got a slight armor buff and slight damage reduction. Anyone able to confirm either? or show via pic? Tanks.

Lopsang

Master
So Beetles got a slight armor buff and slight damage reduction. Anyone able to confirm either? or show via pic? Tanks.

I checked before they reverted, my beetle still had the exact same armor. Either it was bugged or the change only affects newly spawned beetles.

Riversilk

Master
I checked before they reverted, my beetle still had the exact same armor. Either it was bugged or the change only affects newly spawned beetles.

if it's like OSI then the changes only affect new tamed pets...

I still wonder why they couldn't just add Rune beetles as standard mobs, instead of creating this new "death beetle" which is a buffed rune (without bleed attack).
I think maybe they wanted to create a high level alternative to dragons, only tamable by legendary tamers, but imho adding other high level pets would have been better (cu sidhe? greater dragons?).

Tsavo

Master
if it's like OSI then the changes only affect new tamed pets...

I still wonder why they couldn't just add Rune beetles as standard mobs, instead of creating this new "death beetle" which is a buffed rune (without bleed attack).
I think maybe they wanted to create a high level alternative to dragons, only tamable by legendary tamers, but imho adding other high level pets would have been better (cu sidhe? greater dragons?).

This is not OSI, if they wanted to make a 120/120 Chicken then they could. Why on earth would you want it to be the same as OSI version?

Riversilk

Master
This is not OSI, if they wanted to make a 120/120 Chicken then they could. Why on earth would you want it to be the same as OSI version?

First of all, UOF aim is to remember a second age UO, which is in fact OSI of ~2000? don't remember but anyway they tend to make things like they were on official shards.
Now, i know these are new pets that didn't exist in second age, but if you make them like osi it will attract more people than custom pets.
Plus you already have some sources of information on UOGuide, while the wiki for uof is dead empty...

I'm not against server customization, but i think uof should take the good parts of osi and customize the bad ones, so it's an improvement over osi.
I don't see the point in customizing this pet (or fire steed, which is white mare here, by the way) since it's not really an improvement, just a change.

halygon

Grandmaster
Plus you already have some sources of information on UOGuide, while the wiki for uof is dead empty...

First, this is UO:F not UO:OSI. It is what Shane(and crew) envisions UO should be like today as opposed to the Trammy mess that OSI and EA made of the game. Instead of just copying OSI, they decided to take their own route with high level pets. Greater dragons ruined taming on OSI btw.

Maybe if more ppl like you who hunger for knowledge would update the UO:F wiki when you found it, then it wouldn't be so empty. You are empowered with the tools to better this community, if you do not take that advantage, then you are only perpetuating the situation.

Just my two cents.

Harken110

Expert
First, this is UO:F not UO:OSI. It is what Shane(and crew) envisions UO should be like today as opposed to the Trammy mess that OSI and EA made of the game. Instead of just copying OSI, they decided to take their own route with high level pets. Greater dragons ruined taming on OSI btw.

Maybe if more ppl like you who hunger for knowledge would update the UO:F wiki when you found it, then it wouldn't be so empty. You are empowered with the tools to better this community, if you do not take that advantage, then you are only perpetuating the situation.

Just my two cents.

Well I must add first the first expansion it hasn't been too good. The taming pets are pretty much useless if others without 120/120 aren't able to use them. It would of been much better for tamers to make money taming if the pets required 120 taming but 100/100 taming/lore to transfer and use or hell perhaps even 110/110. But 120/120 for a small upgrade of a combat mob and ugly rideables?

And the slayer stuff is yet to be seen.

Also RDAs well you need bards/tamers to do them mostly tamers.

However, I understand that shane and crew are having their take on the server, but really it's very close to OSI and with their new idea of making T2 a separate facuet for pvp, they'll pretty much have a tram and a fel.

Strife

Master
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in the new pets. Not being able to buy a beetle, even though I'm 110/110 really sucks. So is it confirmed we can't transfer or even control the new beetle?

halygon

Grandmaster
with their new idea of making T2 a separate facuet for pvp, they'll pretty much have a tram and a fel.
Not at all. First it's not a duplicate land of Britannia . Second it brings back t2a gameplay without changing the current UO:R ruleset. Third, the murderer/criminal system stays in place so there isn't a Trammy land.

Harken110

Expert
Not at all. First it's not a duplicate land of Britannia . Second it brings back t2a gameplay without changing the current UO:R ruleset. Third, the murderer/criminal system stays in place so there isn't a Trammy land.

It's not trammel exactly but players from UO:F will migrate there. There could be a population shift, how big or small we're not sure yet. But I think most pvpers will head there and if that's the case you can say that the pvp or maybe even pk activity will be less.

halygon

Grandmaster
Well if they keep it like it was during t2a, you won't be able to recall in or out of the lost lands. Also no housing there pretty much ensures that it's not a place to stay forever.

Strife

Master
In addition to the Q above. How often do they spawn? How much taming is required to transfer one? I heard 115/115?

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Not gonna say the actual timer, but it's more than 1 week, and less than 2.
I have one. And have been told that it requires 117 Taming as the bare minimum.
I personally have 115 Lore and 120 taming. And it listens about as much as someone with 120 Lore (Famara). Gotta feed it fairly often if ya use for a while, as it likes to go "unhappy" regardless of 120.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Not gonna say the actual timer, but it's more than 1 week, and less than 2.
I have one. And have been told that it requires 117 Taming as the bare minimum.
I personally have 115 Lore and 120 taming. And it listens about as much as someone with 120 Lore (Famara). Gotta feed it fairly often if ya use for a while, as it likes to go "unhappy" regardless of 120.

this is the one reason i cannot use my beetle 120 taming 120 lore, it DOES NOT listen like it should, i CANT use a pet thats ganna get me killed , because all of a sudden it doesnt wanna listen at all. i was just hoping once more people got them they would fix this.