decreasing skills not working

Briggs

Novice
Hi, I trained uo Provo without knowing you need musicianship to make it work. I don't have enough gm slots to Putin music so how do I decrease it? I've put the arrow down but never see it decrease I have no other bard skills and gaining skills like archery, tailoring is not making it decrease any suggestions???

halygon

Grandmaster
Hi, I trained uo Provo without knowing you need musicianship to make it work. I don't have enough gm slots to Putin music so how do I decrease it? I've put the arrow down but never see it decrease I have no other bard skills and gaining skills like archery, tailoring is not making it decrease any suggestions???
You have to be maxed out on skill points before you will lose any. By default, you have a 700 point cap - so once your total skill points reach 700, to gain any further in a skill, you will need to have an arrow down in another skill that has points. One goes up and one goes down.

Briggs

Novice
Ahh makes sense so until in it my cap I won't lose points into another skill. Alright thanks I'm like 600/700. Guess I'll have to wait till I hit cap

Shortbus

Grandmaster
What is your build? Surely we can lose something for music depending on how you are built.
Bard/Archer is a good combo...
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Music
Provo
Choice of Hide, Magery, Resist