Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiulan

Master
What I do find amusing is back then, not many people had high levelled talismans where the defence version is concerned. There seemed to be much more criticism against it and a larger following of players who were against it affecting PVP in any way.

You think so? I just read that thread (thanks for the link btw) and was struck by how many people weren't against it and thought the whole complaint was silly. Even Shane pointed out that the tali was a good balance to meta tamers being too OP.

A few quotes:

If you're trying to pk someone who is farming using pets or meta dexxer, you as a pk are taking a risk by going into a dungeon filled with pets and monsters, nothing is broken no one is cheating or exploiting. No talismans need deactivated just so you have a better chance to pk someone. You need to be a better pk.

So mobs are doing less damage to the player who leveled the talisman.

Isn't that its intended purpose?

I'm confused.

Isn't it just a necessary consequence of the nature of the relic? To mitigate spawn damage?

What is the fix, deactivate 100% of the talisman benefits if flagged against players?

That sounds messy.

For the OP - Seriously? So a PK shouldn't be able to have the same defensive benefits you can have? Where is the fairness in that? Defensive talismans providing protection vs mobs is exactly what it should do regardless of your notoriety.

It isn't a huge issue outside of dungeons but pretty hard to put a stipulation on it to turn on/off as people will just harass eachother in some shape or form.

Right now I just started a defense talisman but haven't gotten any relics/levels or even started PvP situations with it, but I have been fighting armies of dragons with out it and I practically get two hit by a level 7 meta even wearing full invul, Melee + fire breath damage is practically a wombo combo and that is only ONE pet, imagine multiples.

If the defense relic is the only counter to that then I hold my stance and say let it stay because pets are far too over powered.

Berserkers and meta tamers have huge benefits in invasion, RDA, and champ scores. It would make sense that defense tallys provide a huge edge when it comes to surviving. PKs arriving at a champ are part of the game. I don't think you should lose your mob damage prevention just because you are in combat. Damage done by players has no bearing on the defense talisman. Its only mob damage. Therefore, it does not actually affect PvP. This is the same type of scenario for meta tamers and RDA's. Meta pets provide a huge advantage in tiny rooms while you're on foot.

I see tard on my red player and he often runs into mass dragon spawns with his defence talisman to get away. I engage my brain (something 99% of tamers don't have) and don't chase him into said spawn. This is to avoid death...

Do I make a cry thread for a nurf? Nup, I don't give a shit. It's funny tbh.

I read the topic, "stop defensive talisman abuse". It is you that seem to be mistaken. The defense talisman isn't being abused. It is working as it should. The only relic that can kill a player is Quick Silver. Meta tamers and berserkers get huge scores on invasions, champs, and RDA's. This is where 120 tamings and relics are to be had. It makes sense that the defense talisman is going to provide an advantage in other scenarios.

Grinding a talisman takes a lot of time. It means that if you want the edge in terms of surviving mob damage then you take a huge loss in your damage output. The defense talisman if anything needs to be made more beneficial. And people are talking about nerfing it? LAWL.

If anything meta-related needs another nerf its tamers. This is a joke thread.

Yeah well like i said it ALL comes down to certain situations and you need to remember to try to cover as many situations as you can when doing these meta's.

Before this, everyone was complaining about meta tamers being too strong/ having issues pvping them in certain situations.

So i guess this is a good balance, it may need to be altered but it's a good balance against meta tamers.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You think so? I just read that thread (thanks for the link btw) and was struck by how many people weren't against it and thought the whole complaint was silly. Even Shane pointed out that the tali was a good balance to meta tamers being too OP.

A few quotes:

I count 7 people there, yet other posts which were seemingly against the mechanics of the talisman receiving a substantial amount of likes. This is how I based my findings, be that right or wrong, can't really count Shane amongst the 7 because he was somewhat against it for some parts and for it for others. But if you want to go into schematics, sure, we can do that.. Shane stated that it was a good defence against meta's, which is hard to disagree with, however, if you read it again *not saying you can't read* but he also states that it should not be used as a form of PVP mechanic whatsoever or perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly.

Again, all I was doing was providing a link to a request previously in this thread to try and at least prove that what was said about talismans in the past was actually said in some form or another. In fact, it was said again before that but I can't find the post otherwise I would have linked that also.

So yeah, I still think so..

kolbycrouch

Master
Just make the swamp dragon work.

Pets do too much damage.

They don't do enough damage against a max level defense talisman character.

This will keep in line with Shane's idea to have something that counters the META pets.

It's also more readily available to people.

It keeps people from using a giant beetle while they pk, forcing them to make decisions about what they loot.

The 20% reduction is the perfect amount, especially since it also reduces breath damage.

Oh, and let me change my relic-less lvl 8 defense tali into a zerker tali, pretty please.

Stupid change basically to adhere to ego fragile pvpers that blame their grey screen on mobs.

What's more toxic, a solo pvper with a def talisman or an ego fragile pvper that never solos/calls in.

Given cries get too easily answered, let's make it so only 1 person can engage in combat with another player unless the player being attacked agrees to more, cause i dont like gettimg ganked *wahhhh cry cry wahhh*

Samosa

Adept
It's really sad that ganking Red PVP squads have a problem with someone like me out farming with my Defense Tally. I have had 3 and 4 reds at a time annihilate me while I'm just out farming alone, I lose all my armor and weps and I just move on. No whining or crying. I don't PVP. So I finally spend millions to get a Tali with a Quench relic and my Swampy to farm with, and now they can just run up on me and click my character while I'm in the middle of a dragon spawn and I lose all my protection. Seriously...What a sad day and a waste of time and gold.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
As of Sunday, October 22, 2017 12:00p.m. CST we've got...
Like the changes?
  1. Yes.
    21 vote(s) 20.2%
  2. No.
    76 vote(s) 73.1%
  3. I don't care. 7 vote(s) 6.7%

Replies: 300+
Views: 4,000+

The biggest issue at hand is really the Defense Talisman deactivation. It can be triggered off by a guildmate, an aggressor, and being the aggressor. This can be abused in many ways making the talisman basically useless even for PvM. Meanwhile other talismans have no short falls like this for whatever reason/choice made by staff.
Things pointed out go from...
  1. TIME spent leveling the talisman and relics.
  2. Currency spent on relics for the talisman.
  3. How it's been "abused" by players before this change.
  4. How it can now be abused by players with the change.
I made this post to show that the Community has a voice. This isn't a matter of whining it's about mechanics and balance. More thought needs or needed to be put in place for the talisman system. Thank you UOF Community for responding and continue to do so.

Last edited:

Chediak

Adept
My defense talisman PVM character is officially retired until this change is reverted. I'm in the exact same boat as @Samosa, thinking the defense talisman was a huge waste of time and gold. On to other things in game, but with my confidence in this place badly damaged.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I'm at a loss on why this was implemented out of the blue. A lot of people spent a lot of time, energy and gold into making their talisman characters while knowing all along what the aspects were of it. Now this gets nerfed out of nowhere, and a lot of people are unhappy.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I'm at a loss on why this was implemented out of the blue. A lot of people spent a lot of time, energy and gold into making their talisman characters while knowing all along what the aspects were of it. Now this gets nerfed out of nowhere, and a lot of people are unhappy.

Someone with a lot of influence must have made a strong case to someone?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.