deleted post?

S

Shane

Do they make a habit of deleting post about server stability issues?

It's just negative and some players post these without knowing ANY real facts about what is going on. Negativity has never been huge here in our community. We obviously do our absolute best to keep the server online. We have LESS downtime than LARGE CORPORATION game servers that charge you MONTHLY to play, and has an entire team of developers behind it. To make posts because of our 1% downtime, while we continue the 99% uptime through our entire server life-span , is absolutely redundant. What does it help? What does it do?... Do you have a solution for us, or are you just voicing a problem of yours?.

We have been implementing an INSANE amount of additions, changes, and unique systems lately. With these implementations there is bound to be some reboots, unexpected bugs, and more. I can't stress enough how insulting it can be to our developers who bust their bums trying to provide their very best skill sets to ultimately give you guys the ultimate nostalgic experience, for free.

Bottom line, if it's not constructive, and you have ZERO input on solutions, or really have no technical or innovative insight on how what we do here, enables you to play here... Then i hope at that point, you can understand where i'm coming from, and why we delete negative posts based on these facts.

Further more, we do a lot to market this server as a brand to get new players here, and as they browse this community and see a post of "SERVER DOWN?? OMGZZ" It can quickly turn that new player away... when the truth is, we are down 1% out of 99% of the time... ONE PERCENT. Actually, here:
JxQEmgC.png

This shows CURRENT PING/AVERAGE PING/ UPTIME AVERAGE PERCENTAGE. So, we have LESS THAN 1% Down time, over our entire server history....

So, by silly posts like that, you can single handedly turn away new players without even knowing it... Making our ENTIRE EFFORT to get players here to make your gaming experience better FOR YOU, FOR FREE, absolutely MOOT.

I don't think i need to explain it further. Since, as i proved, "massive downtime posts" is simply trying to state untrue FACTS. The facts are above.

Last edited:
S

Shane

Posts about server population get deleted too. Nvm.

And of course these will be deleted, as for reasons i stated above as well. Posting about this is so pointless, and moot it's not even funny. Have you brought people here? Have you tried expanding the outreach of our well-branded server on other games, communities etc? Before posting about anything like this, post how you plan to help it.

Please direct yourself to our "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" thread, and also ask companions of just HOW MANY new players join daily... These posts 9/10 times are totally troll posts, usually from EX-PLAYERS. They add ZERO positivity to the community, or server itself.

Again, another example of someone posting something negative without knowing any facts... The community is thriving, our server is growing (AGAIN), we are still the number one server with unique-active player base out there... and of course we do a ton to get people here for you to enjoy this free game with.

Here is a small example of our forum stats, keeping in mind we have strict anti-bot signups, so these are real people. Also keep in mind only HALF of the people who join UO FOREVER actually ever sign up to the forums..

Again, the facts are below. We hit 500-550 online clients daily, with 400+ unique IP's daily. I can post those later if you wish too.... Facts and honestly is what we've built this on, and it is what we will continue to grow on, as it's done really well just being over-all transparent.

8VGTEx2.png

Last edited:
S

Shane

Bottom line guys, no server EVER has put in the amount of dedication, effort, and passion that we have since day one. Not to mention the investments that have been poured back into the server non stop to keep it going, and growing. It disappoints me that i should even have to post these facts sometimes lol.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I am glad to say that when I first came here, I also brought over quite a few other players with me, at least four.. I contributed, I feel proud :p.

S

Shane

I am glad to say that when I first came here, I also brought over quite a few other players with me, at least four.. I contributed, I feel proud :p.

Alot of people have! And to complain on any level, and for us to take those complaints SERIOUSLY and respect your thoughts/words... You first need to earn that respect, as we have earned all of yours (I'd hope, since you play here).

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Alot of people have! And to complain on any level, and for us to take those complaints SERIOUSLY and respect your thoughts/words... You first need to earn that respect, as we have earned all of yours (I'd hope, since you play here).

I only complain when people are breaking it for others, yeah I might have the odd moan but who doesn't. Without brown nosing, I think you guys have done a great job and when your new program is released the better.

Believe it or not, I appreciate what you guys have done, damn I wouldn't be playing here otherwise :).

Aurelian

Neophyte
It's just negative and some players post these without knowing ANY real facts about what is going on. Negativity has never been huge here in our community. We obviously do our absolute best to keep the server online. We have LESS downtime than LARGE CORPORATION game servers that charge you MONTHLY to play, and has an entire team of developers behind it. To make posts because of our 1% downtime, while we continue the 99% uptime through our entire server life-span , is absolutely redundant. What does it help? What does it do?... Do you have a solution for us, or are you just voicing a problem of yours?.

We have been implementing an INSANE amount of additions, changes, and unique systems lately. With these implementations there is bound to be some reboots, unexpected bugs, and more. I can't stress enough how insulting it can be to our developers who bust their bums trying to provide their very best skill sets to ultimately give you guys the ultimate nostalgic experience, for free.

Bottom line, if it's not constructive, and you have ZERO input on solutions, or really have no technical or innovative insight on how what we do here, enables you to play here... Then i hope at that point, you can understand where i'm coming from, and why we delete negative posts based on these facts.

Further more, we do a lot to market this server as a brand to get new players here, and as they browse this community and see a post of "SERVER DOWN?? OMGZZ" It can quickly turn that new player away... when the truth is, we are down 1% out of 99% of the time... ONE PERCENT. Actually, here:
JxQEmgC.png

This shows CURRENT PING/AVERAGE PING/ UPTIME AVERAGE PERCENTAGE. So, we have LESS THAN 1% Down time, over our entire server history....

So, by silly posts like that, you can single handedly turn away new players without even knowing it... Making our ENTIRE EFFORT to get players here to make your gaming experience better FOR YOU, FOR FREE, absolutely MOOT.

I don't think i need to explain it further. Since, as i proved, "massive downtime posts" is simply trying to state untrue FACTS. The facts are above.

My post was only a question, it was not bashing in anyway. However I understand your position. I also brought 4 people with me, and plan to have a few more come over. I would love to see the server grow. My post and my intentions are not negative. I do not believe posting negative things are helpful. With that being said sometimes things are not 100% on the plus side. If I am going to continue to give money and play here, I would like to know what I am in for.

I wish the best of luck to uof and would love to see the server grow and expand. I like playing here and it’s a great place so far.

Last edited by a moderator: