is 15 minutes too long?

• yes

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster
its 15 minutes cooldown to long? From dying to a hard mob, especially berserker tali where low AR=best gains or if a PK hits u with warhammer for max damage while youre training and drops u instantly.

crazy-horse

Master
I think if you take too many chances and die to a mob, yeah 15 is reasonable. But dying to a PK should not affect it, unless they decide to let Talismans affect PvP too. :) File that under "Ain't Happenin".

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's next to impossible to determine that though.

What exactly is the point of the cool down anyway? What did staff say they were trying to combat?

Whatever it is, five minutes to red and restock seems like plenty long enough.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I'm still looking for vanqs to charge the damn thing, so I'm personally against this whole thing. Someone give me 28 vanqs.

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster
trying to be trammy and collect shards and gain at the same time at destard and its quite vexxing. im fighting dragons and gettin two shotted by a guy with a long spear because im trying to maximize my gains with 0 AR. and i honestly dont see any point in the cooldown. but if there has to be one for some weird reason why is it 1/4 of an hour. thats a long friggin time.

Joey Golden

Expert
I think the cool down is fine honestly, If you die that many times in a row that the talisman needs to cool down then it seems reasonable to me, I am not sure about the talisman with dying to players/pk's as I have not had any issues with that, As the talisman doesn't work in pvp.

@wil3ur - I will sell you 28 vanqs for the quest for 180k

Rusty Hart

Grandmaster
I think the cool down is fine honestly, If you die that many times in a row that the talisman needs to cool down then it seems reasonable to me, I am not sure about the talisman with dying to players/pk's as I have not had any issues with that, As the talisman doesn't work in pvp.

@wil3ur - I will sell you 28 vanqs for the quest for 180k

when youre farming naked and any pk that uses a weapon while youre already tabbed into a mob=no fun

Chop

Journeyman
The cool down could be a little less and should not be effected by being PKd in my opinion. Also I honestly think having to reduce AR for gains on a dexxer item was the wrong direction to go with it. I mean it would be different if UO actually had some kind of Berserker skills and character builds that support naked melee combat etc... but melee combat VS mobs in UO was never really designed to be done naked or half naked unless your fighting newbie stuff or rolling around on a Archer. Just my 2 cents

I did the quest, filled the stone, got the talisman, farmed for gains for a while and then I pretty much lost interest because I don't want to fight with super low AR. I'm not saying there shouldn't be some sacrifice made to be able to level/use the talisman but taking away armor from melee/dexxer just doesn't seem like the right sacrifice to me.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yea the whole AR thing never did make sense to me either.
And there was no reasoning behind this even.
I mean really, the meta dexxer is for warriors, and you take their armor away. Yea just doesn't make sense.

crazy-horse

Master
Well, a beserler, by definition is a guy that just goes wild in combat, and generally little on no armor. I was thinking that, since stamina is directly linked to that ability, that the beserking talisman would at least reduce stamina loss, or maybe even generate a little stamina to sort of mimick a beserker. But theres no such thing, so a beserler doing massive damage until hit hard and then wimping out is sorta meh.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
My question is what is the real purpose of the 15 min cool down? If it is to mimic tamer pet res and heal 1 min is plenty especially when I can just swap pets and head straight back in.

My question is what is the real purpose of the 15 min cool down? If it is to mimic tamer pet res and heal 1 min is plenty especially when I can just swap pets and head straight back in.

yeah thats the admin's "reasoning" behind it.... lol
takes about 15 mins to restock etc according to them haha

kurtis

Grandmaster
I think it's fine.

My understanding was that it's not just to mimic tamer downtime; it's to add some risk to your char. It forces careful and deliberate use of the template, and proper equipping, not just kamikaze-ing in with a weap and aids and then constantly dying and ressing (especially at champs or events for example).

I'll give you an example. @wreckognize does the Arch Daemon fully geared (pots, regs, armor, etc.) on his dexer. Most others (including myself) show up with a weapon, a few bandaids, and maybe some refresh pots. Because he plays his char well and rarely dies, his talisman is still active and he is always top of the charts, sometimes by a large margin. He deserves it. But that kind of deliberate use wouldn't really be rewarded if you could just send wave after wave of your corpse into the daemon with barely any equipment and still get talisman bonus.

I don't see it as a "time" factor but rather a risk factor. The risk for tamers is not downtime, it's pet skill loss upon death of pets. But they aren't going to drop a dexers skills. So there's a cooldown on the talisman. 15 minutes is plenty fair IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
yeah thats the admin's "reasoning" behind it.... lol
takes about 15 mins to restock etc according to them haha

Humm..... Takes me about the same time to get pissed of and simply log off.

I can barely understand the 15 minute reasoning if it's for added damage, but you should still be able to gain XP no matter what.

As for risk, the risk is death. We're not PKing here so we shouldn't have additional penalties.

maddp

Journeyman
waah i have to wait 15 mins for my talisman to kick in... how bout you dont die and you wont have problems its not like you cant kill stuff without it quit your crying its a gift not a right to be able to slaughter spawn on a dexxer which ive been doing since ive been here i think it should be 30 minute cool down teach yourselvs not to die and escape massive ganks which i do often once and awhile i get caught and its 90% factions that make it so i cant escape

Lexington

Grandmaster
waah i have to wait 15 mins for my talisman to kick in... how bout you dont die and you wont have problems its not like you cant kill stuff without it quit your crying its a gift not a right to be able to slaughter spawn on a dexxer which ive been doing since ive been here i think it should be 30 minute cool down teach yourselvs not to die and escape massive ganks which i do often once and awhile i get caught and its 90% factions that make it so i cant escape

FYI "you" who has been her since, today? The talisman cool downs are the same for all three. To gain max EXP you need to fight tough mobs, CLOSE, with no AR. So good luck not dying!!

So, if you didn't figure it out... I don't play a dexer you (deleted)!

maddp

Journeyman
i kill dragon paragons on my dexxer completely naked fyi and ive been playing on this server over 6 months