is 15 minutes too long?

• yes

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Thanks for the update Vfinger.. i think the loss in gaining exp during the cooldown is the main issue.. pkd or no, if the timer is turfed relative to gaining exp, then that solves the problem as far as i can tell..

oh and @crazy-horse ... go outside once in a while brother! I know its bright and scary but try! :p

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Pretty sure the timer is to prevent swapping from damage to defense talisman. I seem to remember that discussion from a past thread...with that said I would prefer a 5 min cool down or keeping it the same but still able to gain xp during the 15 minute inactive state.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I understand where you're coming from however there are flaws with your argument. (know that I don't know you, and I don't know if you have a meta dexxer, but I'm guessing you don't).

For starters you said it's to add some risk to your char. I don't think you really understand that word. Having a timer after rez does not add any further "risk", it only serves to annoy. In most cases (relics aside) The tali's damage is meh (unless using a slayer wep). However that extra 15mins -restock time, of no xp makes playing at all a waste. (yes you could argue we get loot etc, but if you don't have it maxed. IT IS just that. A waste of time).

As for risk. How much more risk is really needed?
I fight with zero armor on( because i want the best gains possible, as do others),
A Vanq Kat (because I move so much, slayers only slow me down, unless i want to carry multiple)(Obviously i don't want to carry multiple). The amount of pots you burn through is insane.(I carry 80pots on me not including my DP)(again because I move around a lot and i tend to not die much).
One second of lag, One misstep, and you can easily die. Accidentally pull two casters and get blasted? Well 15mins to gain xp.

The timer needs to go. It serves zero purpose what so ever. Tamers don't have this timer and don't say it takes 15mins to get pets back up(if they died) and restock regs/aids and an instrument. It takes longer to restock potions for most then a tamers death. (I need to get a butler lol) Tamers already get massive meat shields who top charts, provo, the ability to gain xp in a group (we can't), the choice to carry pots or not(Not a choice for meta dexxers, it's a must), and to top it off; no 15min wait to regain xp.(yes they lose xp if their pet dies, but their pet has a lower chance to die then dexxers do)(and if they die and their pet lives, they lose nothing).

Before it's said. Yes yes, I understand. Taming is slow to level, scrolls are expensive, require a meta stone, and summoning ball. Yes they should have those perks over dexxers, but it also takes a lot more effort to top charts, and not die (specially for those of us that are melee meta).

I do have a meta dexxer or I wouldn't be in this thread. I use the defense talisman and I chose it specifically because I didn't want to go out in zero armor and die all the time. And ignoring my time at the Arch Daemon, my dexxer dies the least of all my characters. My tamer's pets actually die more than any char I have, just because they are more difficult to control and I use them to tank either numerous mobs at once or beastly mobs.

The timer does serve a purpose you just don't like it and it doesn't particularly suit the talisman you chose. I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I still don't know what the hell any of you all are talking about. I can't find any damn vanqs. And to be clear, I'm broke as hell cause I can't do badass mobs either, so now I can't afford 200k in weapons or I'll break the bank on both my chars. :p

I will trade a 105 animal taming scroll or some various others I've been fortunate enough to farm for some vanqs...

Kilike

Grandmaster
I still don't know what the hell any of you all are talking about. I can't find any damn vanqs. And to be clear, I'm broke as hell cause I can't do badass mobs either, so now I can't afford 200k in weapons or I'll break the bank on both my chars. [emoji14]

I will trade a 105 animal taming scroll or some various others I've been fortunate enough to farm for some vanqs...
Send me a pm with what you have to trade and maybe I can help you with that. At the very least I can point you to better farming spots.