Didn't realize the PK thing was a touchy subject.. also Bacon

Dimok

Master
I guess I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject on this server. I kind of figured "12 year old game on a free server, people should be pretty laid back". I get that the more people involved, the harder it is to satisfy everyone. I definitely don't feel entitled to the point of requesting the server change because an aspect of it frustrates me. I do appreciate the recall macro advice, thanks for that.
Personally I've started working on a lumberjack pvp build that I plan on using primarily for patrolling dungeons where pk's hit hard with the end goal of lumberjacking their heads from their shoulders. If the game is still frustrating after that I will just leave, there are plenty of games and even UO servers out there to not get too uppity about it. I've always preferred pvp to pve in any game I've played, pve has always just been a way to bring home the bacon.

TLDR version: I like bacon.

I guess I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject on this server. I kind of figured "12 year old game on a free server, people should be pretty laid back". I get that the more people involved, the harder it is to satisfy everyone. I definitely don't feel entitled to the point of requesting the server change because an aspect of it frustrates me. I do appreciate the recall macro advice, thanks for that.
Personally I've started working on a lumberjack pvp build that I plan on using primarily for patrolling dungeons where pk's hit hard with the end goal of lumberjacking their heads from their shoulders. If the game is still frustrating after that I will just leave, there are plenty of games and even UO servers out there to not get too uppity about it. I've always preferred pvp to pve in any game I've played, pve has always just been a way to bring home the bacon.

TLDR version: I like bacon.

Yeah, you'd think people would be more laid back on a 17 year old game. For example, you'd think they wouldn't get so upset about getting pked :)

Okay UO isnt 17years old and sure ain't 12 years old. This game came out in Sept. of 97' while some of us were teens and most of you weren't thought of.

Just saying

halygon

Grandmaster
get ready for abysmally low minimum damages and equipment losses!

I also like bacon. Everything about bacon. Except kevin bacon.
I dont know what you are talking about. I would put my LJ against nearly anyone 1v1. The damage from a LJ is probably the most consistent in all weapons.

I would also second @GluttonySDS and say that it is much more fun and productive to have a couple friends - even just one.

I don't really like bacon - my wife says I'm un-american.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Ultima is a weird game, i don't think i've ever seen people get some emotionally invested in a game honestly.

Dimok

Master
I dont know what you are talking about. I would put my LJ against nearly anyone 1v1. The damage from a LJ is probably the most consistent in all weapons.

I would also second @GluttonySDS and say that it is much more fun and productive to have a couple friends - even just one.

I don't really like bacon - my wife says I'm un-american.

Any suggestions on a template? I'm thinking of LJ,Swords, Tactics, Anat, Healing, Alch, Resist. I also plan on 120'ing LJ to he can act as a wood harvester for my crafter. Damage bonus still caps at 35 from LJ though right?

Unless you had a pet pig that you had to put down Ole' Yeller style, your wife is right.

halygon

Grandmaster
Any suggestions on a template? I'm thinking of LJ,Swords, Tactics, Anat, Healing, Alch, Resist. I also plan on 120'ing LJ to he can act as a wood harvester for my crafter. Damage bonus still caps at 35 from LJ though right?

Unless you had a pet pig that you had to put down Ole' Yeller style, your wife is right.
It does cap at 35%, but you should probably throw magery in there or you will never survive vs a good mage. Most people use that extra 20 points to help out the 8th skill instead of buffing one of the 8 skills. In that template, the only skills that HAVE to be GM is LJ, Swords, and Tactics.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
that's exactly what i did

right after dropping LJ for fencing like everyone else on the shard
dancing.gif

Dimok

Master
I'm not following the helping out the 8th skill vs buffing one of the 8 skills. I thought LJ was the only thing on that list that could go over 120? I might be wrong..

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it can but it's purely for getting fancy wood, does no extra pvp dmg.
so people drop the 20 points after getting to 120 for something else.
20 magery is enough to cast magic reflect with a scroll.
20 poisoning is a boost to how often you stick your opponent with poison from a poisoned wep.

Dimok

Master
it can but it's purely for getting fancy wood, does no extra pvp dmg.
so people drop the 20 points after getting to 120 for something else.
20 magery is enough to cast magic reflect with a scroll.
20 poisoning is a boost to how often you stick your opponent with poison from a poisoned wep.
Oh, I didn't know you got those points back.
I also read that the gain from 80-100 alch in regards to explosion pot damage is extremely small, like 2-4 pts damage. If that's the case and I could use that extra 20 points maybe
GM: Swords, LJ, Tact, Anat, Heal, MR,. 80 alch and 40 mag. Maybe even drop Anat/heal to 95 to get 50 out of magery.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster

Idk man, I tested a few different axes before I bought my valorite large battle axe. Iirc, both the battle axe and especially the two handed axe had wildly varying damages from hit to hit. I wasn't wearing armor, so that wasn't a factor, and both weapons started in perfect condition and did maybe 50-60 hits or so with each weapon until they all showed a level down from "It looks unused" with arms lore. The two handed axe did anywhere from about 10 - 50+ damage and wasn't consistent at all in any one range of numbers. The battle axe was about the same with slightly lower min and max damages. The large battle axe seemed the most consistent, doing usually somewhere in the 30s-40s, only occasionally hitting in the 10s or 20s and only occasionally hitting in the 50s.

Haven't tested any other axes though. But yeah LJs are great against mages. probably not so great against something like a DP dexer where you have to unequip your weapon constantly to cure and then you're getting fucked cause you have no wrestling.

halygon

Grandmaster
Idk man, I tested a few different axes before I bought my valorite large battle axe. Iirc, both the battle axe and especially the two handed axe had wildly varying damages from hit to hit. I wasn't wearing armor, so that wasn't a factor, and both weapons started in perfect condition and did maybe 50-60 hits or so with each weapon until they all showed a level down from "It looks unused" with arms lore. The two handed axe did anywhere from about 10 - 50+ damage and wasn't consistent at all in any one range of numbers. The battle axe was about the same with slightly lower min and max damages. The large battle axe seemed the most consistent, doing usually somewhere in the 30s-40s, only occasionally hitting in the 10s or 20s and only occasionally hitting in the 50s.

Haven't tested any other axes though. But yeah LJs are great against mages. probably not so great against something like a DP dexer where you have to unequip your weapon constantly to cure and then you're getting fucked cause you have no wrestling.
Double Axe for the win. I use nothing but them.

*Edit: Vanq or runic hatchets are fun too.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Double Axe for the win. I use nothing but them.

*Edit: Vanq or runic hatchets are fun too.

Actually, it was a double axe now that I think about it, and not a battle axe. It was because someone had recommended the double axe to me instead of the large battle axe. But I also tested the two handed axe because the chart on the wiki showed it had the highest max damage

Garillo

Master

100 swords, 100 anatomy, 100 tactics, 100 healing, 100 resist, 100 alchy, 100 magery. You can tweak it as you get comfortable playing it, shaving some points out to make room for a little poisoning or whatever. One handed katana alchy dexxers are probably the cheesiest build going for solo, it takes little skill outside of throwing pots and is incredibly effective. Consistent damage from poisoned katana (compared to kryss) + explode pots potentially wreck anyone. You force dexxers using 2h weps to pot often, negating a good amount of damage. Use reactive armor/reflect/cure/Tele etc casts accordingly. 100str 90 dex 35 int

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk