Donation mask Disappearance - 2nd time - anyone else? please help

jonnyj

Apprentice
Hello,

This is the second time this has happened to me.

Around a month ago my DARK GREY blessed donation bone mask disappeared while i was playing. I paged an shane replaced it. He couldn't figure out what happened. ( if i remember correctly there was some sort of revert or restart that was giving him issues on tracking it = not really sure though)

Yesterday around 1pm, i was pvping with multiple people. Died and re geared without armor. I put on all my wearables including my BONE MASK - A RED donation one. And pvped for around 15 minutes.

Ran into a macer, was struck one single time and the mask disappeared. everything else remained. - i didnt die or touch anything. i tried to stop and check my journal too see what happened but the journal already lapsed (was in brit west of the gy in a large spawn area and being chased by 5+ people)

Not sure what is going on, but i paged twice and sent a gm a forum msg.

Can anyone help or have any idea whats going on? i think there is some sort of bug..

jonnyj

Apprentice
thanks for the reply, i tried that a few times. - no success.

It was being worn when i was hit by a macer (using a war hammer) and it disappeared)

full suit was dark grey with a bright red bone mask - was very easy to spot.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Maybe it has a bug and it's being destroyed like armor when it should be aesthetic. But with the amount of Macers around you'd think this would have been reported by someone else prior. Maybe you're just the lucky first one.

Good luck, hope you get it back quickly.

jonnyj

Apprentice
I was thinking that maybe when wearing armor it will break the armor first.

but if your not - maybe there is a bug that's allowing it to break.

not sure, i know nothing about programming, but i do know that i was wearing a bone mask when this happened both times.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Might be a bug that only hits certain ones, ie treating them like actual armor. I don't find it a coincidence that it happened when you were fighting a macer. They destroy armor fast! And the item id however is a dono item I would think still matches that of a bone helmet.
Just tossing thoughts out there.
I'm not a firm believer in coincidence

AssHat

Grandmaster
kinda like learning the hard way on OSI that you could break blessed sandals...... that still amazes me that osi allowed blessed items to be destroyed, but the sandals took what felt like a year to break

wreckognize

Grandmaster
best to check all items for durability. If they are breakable, you will see a durability rating like 30/30 or whatever. If the item doesn't break, arms lore wont give a reading.

best to use GM skill arms lore when testing this ofc

wreckognize

Grandmaster
even better is if you find an item like lockes gloves or bloody gloves and its still full durability you can use fortifying powder, (it will increase both max and min dura only if it is full dura when the powder is used)

its only a little boost but it counts because some items cant even be repaired lol like both those gloves actually, tailor or smith doesnt work...

wreckognize

Grandmaster
they give 1 ar and they have a durability rating so they can be destroyed. Gloves don't take much dura loss tho, not nearly as fast as a chest piece or shield