Doom Gaunlet

Cleper

Journeyman
Doom Gauntlet

I remember this was very popular when I played during the AoS expansion. Made a lot of good friends there.

I would love to see this implemented here with a few tweaks, like requiring platinum/useless statues instead of golden skull to cross over to the gauntlet. Make the bosses have a chance at dropping relics, ps, rares. (big ticket items like 120 taming, QS, Double Strike will have an extremely low chance of dropping). it'll be like a round the clock public pvm event. Solo players won't have to wait for others to start a champ, or trying to find that rda gate, or wait 4 hours for the arch demon spawn only to see it die in minutes.

Yes! +1 I want this!! I personally think reds should be allowed in for sure as well. A gauntlet like this would become a SERIOUS hot spot for PvP, especially since large guilds would be getting together to farm it.

Also, instead of requiring items to get in why not just make it accessible only through boats and sailing like the Grotto? Would seriously boost Naval Combat and action on the Seas as well ;)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleper

Journeyman
woot, glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes doom.

Yes! +1 I want this!! I personally think reds should be allowed in for sure as well. A gauntlet like this would become a SERIOUS hot spot for PvP, especially since large guilds would be getting together to farm it.

Oh yes, reds should definitely be allowed in. One thing I hated about doom gauntlet was that it took place in trammel. no reds to fight off made things repetitive, therefore got really boring fast.

Also, instead of requiring items to get in why not just make it accessible only through boats and sailing like the Grotto? Would seriously boost Naval Combat and action on the Seas as well ;)!

or both :) i would really like to see those junk statues put to use.

Desi

Grandmaster
+1

A couple of eq.ms mowed me down earlier and didn't even pause to loot.
And dungeon Doom was the only part of AoS I could tolerate. The Gauntlet always brought in a nice crowd and was tons of fun.

Ripstas

Master
Allow reds. Make it a 2hour timer. Make the actual gauntlet area non pvp/safe zone. No recall from anywhere inside doom. No applying relics/ps no help stuck. If you get an item you have to safely traverse the area to get it out.

This allows people to pvm during the gauntlet run safely. They will still have to move the item outside. The actual pvp it would create would be to stop people from crossing in or leaving.