Dying Tubes broken or 'fixed'? :-)

Hanebu

Master
Hello,

I just recognized the the dye tubes are not working the way as they did in the past.
Is this a permanent change or just a 'bug'?

Some days ago I was able to dye my clothes and bag with my leather tube too.
But this is not working anymore :( Would be awesome if this would be possible again.

So what happend?

I tried also to use the Special Dying Tube, but its also not working on bags.
And I would really miss all the colors on the Leather Dying Tube for my clothes...
Please change it back, it was working over a year that way ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelSexi

Master
Leather Dye Tubs should never have dyed clothing.

To dye the bags (including the leather looking backpacks) and to dye clothing, you need to use a regular 8 gold piece dye tub available at every tailor npc.

Also, the black dye tub used to dye the backpacks, now that no longer works either.

Hanebu

Master
Yeah, but the regular tubes look like shit. The colors are so fucking aweful. I wont dye anything with that.
Why change something that was working for over a year and nobody complained about it?

They should add the colors from the leather dye tube to the special dye tube!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
On a server that banks on Trammies getting dressed to impress, having the leather dye tubs no longer work on clothes is going to be bad news, especially after it did so for a year. I highly doubt this will remain this way for long; one of UOF's strong points is character customization in terms of outfitting (hence the layering deeds, CBDs, BoD clothes, donation items, and so on).

Hanebu

Master
On a server that banks on Trammies getting dressed to impress, having the leather dye tubs no longer work on clothes is going to be bad news, especially after it did so for a year. I highly doubt this will remain this way for long; one of UOF's strong points is character customization in terms of outfitting (hence the layering deeds, CBDs, BoD clothes, donation items, and so on).

I hope you are right. Maybe Shane or Adam will comment it :)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
the reason furny tubs no longer work is because they intend to have pure white single use furny tubs, imagine what would happen if people were able to dye thousands of yards of cloth with that? it would cause an insane economic tilt.

I'm sure they will at least fix the black dye tub though.

Gareth

Apprentice
My "special" dye tub won't dye clothing. The black dye tub won't dye clothing. Yeah, its kinda screwed up right now.

Mr Pain

Apprentice

Oh that'll just increase demand for them to add a "special donation dye tub" or whatever.

Cant dye anything with black or special dye tubs that are locked down. I figured they changed it so you had to pay 20 dollars for your very own tub in order to use it.

Prim

Novice
Why do multiple people call them Tubes? How can this even be possible? Do you bath in the Bath Tube? Praise Oprah, wtf are people thinking?

Hanebu

Master
Why do multiple people call them Tubes? How can this even be possible? Do you bath in the Bath Tube? Praise Oprah, wtf are people thinking?

Why? Maybe because english isnt my native language and im not 100% sure about every single word. As I said in the other thread, you can try to write something like this in german, I will tell you what you spelled wrong...

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I'd like an update on this please. I really need to be able to use the Special Dye tubs. This is like, imperative for role players..lol. I can live without the black. I will admit, I liked being able to use the leather on clothes as there were more options. I'm not sure how this hurts the server but I'd just like to be able to use the black and special dye tubs as they were intended on all UO shards including OSI. Will that happen soon?

I'd like an update on this please. I really need to be able to use the Special Dye tubs. This is like, imperative for role players..lol. I can live without the black. I will admit, I liked being able to use the leather on clothes as there were more options. I'm not sure how this hurts the server but I'd just like to be able to use the black and special dye tubs as they were intended on all UO shards including OSI. Will that happen soon?
After the shard came back up yesterday, i was able to use special dye tubs that were locked down in other people's houses. I just tried now, and it works for me.